Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Or maybe for Sauve, it is an accumulation of things. Between injury and constant change maybe she has had enough. Although a Senior on the ice, she should be graduating this year as a four year student?? If the rumour is fact, maybe she is looking beyond next year. Who knows.....
    Wesloh going to St. Cloud.

Comment

• Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
      Wesloh going to St. Cloud.
      ...where I'm sure she hopes to dress for more than 11 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        ...where I'm sure she hopes to dress for more than 11 games.
        I bet you she won’t next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
          I bet you she won’t next year!
          Ouch, you're a downer! I would think she spoke with the Huskies' coach about the overall situation and her opportunity to play there before making the decision to transfer. Why else would she transfer there? It's definitely not to be on a better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            It's a little suspicious that Muzzy after a great year would have players bail on her. Either the players she inherited are mentally tainted from the previous coaches or maybe she's not a great people person?
            My guess is nobody from the top two lines is transferring out. Some players are all about the team.....until they don't like their individual playing time or role. We've all had selfish teammates like that. Don't let the door hit you on the rear-end when you leave, or do, nobody really cares either way. Mental toughness is a rare attribute among young players.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              My guess is nobody from the top two lines is transferring out. Some players are all about the team.....until they don't like their individual playing time or role. We've all had selfish teammates like that. Don't let the door hit you on the rear-end when you leave, or do, nobody really cares either way. Mental toughness is a rare attribute among young players.
              What about Sauve? And wasn't Kepler a top line player before she left?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                Ouch, you're a downer! I would think she spoke with the Huskies' coach about the overall situation and her opportunity to play there before making the decision to transfer. Why else would she transfer there? It's definitely not to be on a better team.
                Same conference. Isn’t there a rule about sitting out a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                  Same conference. Isn’t there a rule about sitting out a year?
                  Yes, transferring between WCHA teams requires sitting out one year.
                  Wesloh is from Elk River, which is about 40 minutes from the StC campus, it could be just not liking a huge school and wanting to return home to a smaller school, it wouldn’t be the first time a college student did that.
                  But hey, the speculation here makes it more interesting gossip right?

Sent from my laptop using a keyboard

Comment

Good for her.

Coach wanted her gone for the scholarship. New NCAA rules for certain schools: if players are cut they still keep their scholarship. OSU already has 1 walking around campus with a full ride and not playing hockey. Only way for coach to get it back is to make it **** near impossible to want to stay and force them to quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                      Good for her.

Coach wanted her gone for the scholarship. New NCAA rules for certain schools: if players are cut they still keep their scholarship. OSU already has 1 walking around campus with a full ride and not playing hockey. Only way for coach to get it back is to make it **** near impossible to want to stay and force them to quit.
                      Don't think that's a new rule but whatever. Any coach that intentionally makes a player miserable so she will transfer out is a pretty sh*tty coach and an even worse person. I have a hard time believing a coach would purposely do something that low but unfortunately it wouldn't be the first time it has happened. I think in this instance a case of homesickness coupled with the lack of playing time makes more sense.

Comment

Don't think that's a new rule but whatever. Any coach that intentionally makes a player miserable so she will transfer out is a pretty sh*tty coach and an even worse person. I have a hard time believing a coach would purposely do something that low but unfortunately it wouldn't be the first time it has happened. I think in this instance a case of homesickness coupled with the lack of playing time makes more sense.
                        The Facts About “Guaranteed” Multi-year NCAA DI Scholarships
                        Posted June 12, 2015

A new NCAA Division I rule that becomes effective this Fall and which has the effect of “protecting” Division I student-athletes from having their athletic scholarship cancelled or not renewed for any athletics reason.

Here are several facts about this rule:
                        – This new rule was voted in by the universities of the “Power 5” conferences – the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, PAC-12, and SEC, as well as Notre Dame. This rule must be followed by these 65 universities.
                        – Other Division I schools and conferences can choose to follow this rule, but are not required to do so. So, an athlete receiving an athletic scholarship from a university that is NOT one of the 65 mentioned here might still receive a one-year scholarship which a coach can choose not to renew for the following academic year.
                        – The “protection” provided by this rule only applies to athletes who signed their National Letter of Intent and scholarship agreement after the new rule was approved in January of this year (at the NCAA Convention), will be enrolling in a Division I university as a freshman or new transfer this Fall, AND who will be receiving an athletic scholarship in their first year of enrollment.
                        – This rule will NOT apply to athletes who were already enrolled at their Division I university this past year.
                        – The rule also will NOT apply to athletes who are not receiving an athletic scholarship in their first year of enrollment at their university. (Example: a volleyball player not receiving an athletic scholarship in their freshman year, but promised one in the following three years, will not receive the protection of this new rule.)
                        – It will still be possible for universities to cancel, or choose to not renew, a scholarship for the following reasons not related to athletic performance, ability, or contribution to team success.

Cancellation or non-renewal will be possible if an athlete:
                        Is ruled to be ineligible for competition;
                        Provides fraudulent information on an application, letter of intent, or financial aid agreement;
                        Engages in serious misconduct that rises to the level of being disciplined by the university’s regular student disciplinary board;
                        Voluntarily quits their team; or
                        Violates a university policy or rule which is not related to athletic conditions or ability (such as a university policy on class attendance, or an athletic department policy regarding proper conduct on a team trip).

It seems inevitable that there will be some Division I coaches who will want to take away the scholarship of an athlete who is not performing as well as the coach expected that they would during the recruiting process.

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
                          What about Sauve? .........

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                          See Bill70's post today 8:18AM. There is always someone who knows an "in" someone who won't confirm or deny.

http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/for...women-s-hockey
                          Last edited by vicb; 04-18-2018, 08:43 AM.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Im sure there is a lot more inside information that we are unaware about it.. I'm sure its not in someones best interest to leave their senior year.. just kind of seems like a pain in the ***.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyluver12 View Post
                              Im sure there is a lot more inside information that we are unaware about it.. I'm sure its not in someones best interest to leave their senior year.. just kind of seems like a pain in the ***.
                              Well, less so for Sauve. She will have her degree next month.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Posted in humor....

@ClarksonUniv: Thinking about graduate school? Attend the Graduate Application Workshop on April 27, 3:00–4:30 p.m., to learn about the online application process for Clarkson's graduate programs. Register now to attend! https://goo.gl/tZsh7h https://***********/ClarksonUniv/sta...199809/photo/1
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X