Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Wow, didn't see Sauve being the predicted player of the year. It will be hard for her to win that is OSU is under .500.
    She was 2nd Team All American last season and I doubt this year's team finishes under .500, so I am not surprised at this.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post

This is great news for the program. I got to meet Peter at Women's Worlds in Michigan back in April and he seems like a great guy! I am very happy he is joining our staff.
      Last edited by osualum86; 09-13-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Wow, didn't see Sauve being the predicted player of the year. It will be hard for her to win that is OSU is under .500.
        Timothy A, I sent you some rep, but I should have just put it in here. Mrs 86 and I are coming up for the games on 11/4 & 11/5 and I was just wondering about the parking situation. I saw on the sports calendar that the men are playing UND on 11/4 and on 11/5 there is a men's hoops game vs UW-Stout. We have been lucky in previous trips where women's hockey was the only thing going on so parking was not a problem. This time around, there are some other events.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
          Timothy A, I sent you some rep, but I should have just put it in here. Mrs 86 and I are coming up for the games on 11/4 & 11/5 and I was just wondering about the parking situation. I saw on the sports calendar that the men are playing UND on 11/4 and on 11/5 there is a men's hoops game vs UW-Stout. We have been lucky in previous trips where women's hockey was the only thing going on so parking was not a problem. This time around, there are some other events.
          The cheapest parking will be lot 91 off of Bedford, it won't be free for this series due to the other events. The women's game is at 2, the hoops game is at 4, the men's hockey time is tbd. You should have no problem at all with parking since the hockey game is the first game on the agenda. The men's BB parkers will be challenged. With the men's hockey tbd, I suspect they will have to move up the WH and MBB to allow enough time to change the KC over to hockey unless they start men's hockey at 9. Are you going to take the on UW/sue men's games while you are in town.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The cheapest parking will be lot 91 off of Bedford, it won't be free for this series due to the other events. The women's game is at 2, the hoops game is at 4, the men's hockey time is tbd. You should have no problem at all with parking since the hockey game is the first game on the agenda. The men's BB parkers will be challenged. With the men's hockey tbd, I suspect they will have to move up the WH and MBB to allow enough time to change the KC over to hockey unless they start men's hockey at 9. Are you going to take the on UW/sue men's games while you are in town.
            Thanks for the information on that! We have always parked in lot 91. Glad to know we will still be able to park there. As for the men's hockey game vs UND, we had not planned on that, but we'll see. Thanks again for getting back to me on this.

Comment

Thanks for the information on that! We have always parked in lot 91. Glad to know we will still be able to park there. As for the men's hockey game vs UND, we had not planned on that, but we'll see. Thanks again for getting back to me on this.
              No problem, it's nice to be able to help out a fellow poster as long as you aren't a rodent fan.

Comment

LOL, definitely not a Gopher fan, although I do pull for all the WCHA schools when it comes to the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Poor Koreans... Bless 'em for trying.

In all honesty, I hadn't realized the games against St. Cloud and Minnesota were closer. Just the Koreans getting exhausted, or has OSU finally found the scoring this season?
                  Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                  University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

12 different players with points.
                    That took till February last season. (Mind you OSU only played 10 players).
                    Points by class Freshman 7, Soph. 3, JR.6, SR. 2
                    D 6 points and F 12 points and a few assists missing from what I could see.
                    Scoring by committee is a nice exhibition start.

Comment

EPIC97 pretty much nailed it with the numbers. One other stat from tonight ... Ohio State outshot South Korea 50-20. Goals were scored by Charly Dahlquist, Maddy Field (2), Rebecca Freiburger, Emma Maltais (2), Olivia Soares, and McKenna Wesloh. All three goaltenders played for the Buckeyes tonight. Freshman backstop Amanda Zeglen started the game and had 5 saves in the first period. Freshman Maggy Cory got the most action tonight as she stopped all 11 shots she faced in the second period. All-American Kassidy Sauve played the third period and added 4 saves. Buckeye22, to answer your question, it was probably a little bit of both. I know that is an easy, generic answer, but I think there may have been some fatigue with South Korea. I also think that Ohio State is deeper at the forward position than they have been lately and will be harder to defend than in the recent past. I thought the girls looked really good tonight and it seems like I say this every year, but the freshmen can really play. You see that in the box score ... nice work on that EPIC97. Next up for the Buckeyes is a visit from RPI this weekend.
                      Last edited by osualum86; 09-26-2017, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Earlier tonight the Buckeyes took game one of this weekend's series vs RPI by a final score of 4-1. Ohio State scored the first four goals of the game and were never really challenged. RPI did get a late goal to spoil Kassidy Sauve's shutout bid. Ohio State's goals were scored by Tatum Skaggs (2), Maddy Field, and Grace Zarzecki. Whitney Renn scored RPI's goal. The Buckeyes outshot RPI 40-26 with Kassidy Sauve stopping 25 shots and RPI backstop Lovisa Selander earning 36 saves. The two teams are back at it tomorrow at 3:07.

Comment

Ohio State completed the sweep of RPI today with a 4-0 shutout win. The story of this game was goaltender Kassidy Sauve, who became the Buckeyes' all-time shutout leader with her 13th career shutout. The Bucks outshot RPI 41-21. Sauve's counterpart, Lovisa Selander, stopped 37 of the 41 shots she faced for the Engineers. The Ohio State goals were scored by Emma Maltais, Tatum Skaggs, Lauren Boyle, and Maddy Field. The Buckeyes will have a tougher test next week when they travel to Minneapolis to take on the Gophers.

Comment

The Buckeyes will have a tougher test next week when they travel to Minneapolis to take on the Gophers.
                            Or will they?

Comment

Or will they?
                              Haha, after splitting with Merrimack, you can bet we will be facing a hungry Gopher team next weekend. Now that I have switched ISP's here and have a better connection, I might actually pay for the feeds for some of these road games.

Comment

Haha, after splitting with Merrimack, you can bet we will be facing a hungry Gopher team next weekend. Now that I have switched ISP's here and have a better connection, I might actually pay for the feeds for some of these road games.
                                If you follow other OSU sports as well, then I've found that purchasing a month of BTN Plus works well. Given that the Buckeyes are in Madison within the month, you could watch those games as well before your one month subscription would renew and cancel it before getting billed for a second month.

I would warn you to have plenty of snacks on hand for the games in Minneapolis, because we had media timeouts all weekend, which hasn't been the case for webcasts in the past. That looks to be the new normal.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X