X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    Ferris State 6, UAH 2
    https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/2...ls-to-6-2-win/

Bulldogs score six unanswered after UAH takes a 2-0 lead.
    Yeah, that kind of hurt to watch. I don't mean to sound critical, but I felt like Sinclair was struggling. Shots on goal were a lot closer than they had been in recent years, so that's hopeful. Penalties weren't hugely unbalanced either.
    Oh well, there's always tonight.

Comment

• Re: UAH Hockey 2017-18

Originally posted by Stratus View Post
      Yeah, that kind of hurt to watch. I don't mean to sound critical, but I felt like Sinclair was struggling. Shots on goal were a lot closer than they had been in recent years, so that's hopeful. Penalties weren't hugely unbalanced either.
      Oh well, there's always tonight.
      Sinclair was good in the first period, but he did struggle more as the game progressed. The defense as a whole needs to shore up, too.
      Michael Napier - UAH '97
      uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
      U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
      NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
      CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
      CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

UAH 5, Ferris State 3
        https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/2...-win-over-fsu/

Not perfect by any stretch, but they got the timely goals. Really needed this win.
        Michael Napier - UAH '97
        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

A new recruit, defenseman Drew Lennon who plays for the Lone Star Brahmas (NAHL).

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=386718

Comment

So, had this idea in my head, wonder if anyone else has thought about it and if it would fly. How about a WCHA/AHA Challenge Invitational between the old CHA teams? BSU, UAH, Bobby Mo and Niagara in a set schedule (ie, not bracketed). BSU vs Bobby Mo and UAH vs Niagara on day one and then BSU vs Niagara and UAH vs Bobby Mo on day two, as an example (the host school would always play the evening game both nights to help with the gate). That way, intraconference matchups are avoided. Set up a four year rotation for hosting between the schools. Could even break out one of the old tropheys to hand out to the winner. Tie breakers would have to be set up since it isn't a bracket tournament. But hey, it could be fun!
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Any UAH fans headed to Marquette this weekend, where temperatures may be warmer (low 40s) than they will when NMU gets to Huntsville on Super Bowl weekend.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Any UAH fans headed to Marquette this weekend, where temperatures may be warmer (low 40s) than they will when NMU gets to Huntsville on Super Bowl weekend.
                Not me. I'm done with the payload that's caused me to miss the first six home games, but I get to be at work at midnight on Monday morning.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                  So, had this idea in my head, wonder if anyone else has thought about it and if it would fly. How about a WCHA/AHA Challenge Invitational between the old CHA teams? BSU, UAH, Bobby Mo and Niagara in a set schedule (ie, not bracketed). BSU vs Bobby Mo and UAH vs Niagara on day one and then BSU vs Niagara and UAH vs Bobby Mo on day two, as an example (the host school would always play the evening game both nights to help with the gate). That way, intraconference matchups are avoided. Set up a four year rotation for hosting between the schools. Could even break out one of the old tropheys to hand out to the winner. Tie breakers would have to be set up since it isn't a bracket tournament. But hey, it could be fun!
                  It sounds interesting, but I don't know how it could be presented. It's hard to really call it a "WCHA-AHA Challenge" when it's only (and the same) two of 10 WCHA and two of 11 AHA teams every year. I don't think the tie-in to the CHA (which has now been gone for eight years) is compelling to many beyond us long-time folks to warrant it being the same teams every year.

Based on current conference setup, I wouldn't mind seeing WCHA vs. ECAC, with five series at WCHA rinks and five at ECAC rinks, most "points" wins.

Personally, I'd love for UAH to host a holiday tournament of some sort, but it's beyond me about how that would work.
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Would very much like to get up to a game in MQT sometime. My wife was born in Marquette and I worked at Marquette General in '99. My wife's father coached basketball at NMU in the early 60's. If you know them, say hello to Bob and Anne Pecotte from Joey and Julie in Tennessee. Hoping the UAH can put together a couple of good games up there. It will be a while before we some hockey down here. The next home series is not until late January.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunuahfan View Post
                      Would very much like to get up to a game in MQT sometime. My wife was born in Marquette and I worked at Marquette General in '99. My wife's father coached basketball at NMU in the early 60's. If you know them, say hello to Bob and Anne Pecotte from Joey and Julie in Tennessee. Hoping the UAH can put together a couple of good games up there. It will be a while before we some hockey down here. The next home series is not until late January.
                      NMU will be having a social prior to the Saturday game at the bar in the lobby of the Von Braun. Feel free to wander by and chat.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I'm not watching the feed, but am I seeing THREE shorthanded goals for NMU?
                        If that's the case I'm glad it's not 5 on 3, or they'd be up by 20.
                        [edit: CHN's live box showed the 3rd for a while, it's back down to two, but still ...]
                        Last edited by Stratus; 12-01-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

NMU will be having a social prior to the Saturday game at the bar in the lobby of the Von Braun. Feel free to wander by and chat.
                          I'll try to stop by for that, presuming work doesn't steal me from yet another game.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratus View Post
                            I'm not watching the feed, but am I seeing THREE shorthanded goals for NMU?
                            If that's the case I'm glad it's not 5 on 3, or they'd be up by 20.
                            [edit: CHN's live box showed the 3rd for a while, it's back down to two, but still ...]
                            2 shorties and a PPG for NMU.

Comment

UAH 3, Northern Michigan 2
                              https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/12/0...ah-to-3-2-win/

Much better game by the Chargers, which seems to be the trend (5-2-1 on Saturdays, 1-7-0 on Fridays). Kestner with 10 goals already!
                              Michael Napier - UAH '97
                              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

UAH 3, Bowling Green 3 (UAH gets point in shootout)
                                https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/12/0...3-3-tie-at-bg/

That was fun.
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X