Elmira College 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Border (ice) Wall

Glad that we didn't attempt the trip. EC has UC's number, no doubt about that.

(Having the last change at home, using that 1st line certainly helps, but the final was the same at The Aud, with that situation reversed... I don't actually get it. Elmira looks a whole lot better than its record would indicate to me.)
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-27-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Re: Elmira College 2017-2018

Decent crowd to watch EC beat Utica 5-1. MacLean won’t play Friday as he got a DQ tonight. Utica fans were pretty classless tonight as they were yelling at the EC players? Big win for EC and they need to keep it up next weekend.
      2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Glad that we didn't attempt the trip. EC has UC's number, no doubt about that.

(Having the last change at home, using that 1st line certainly helps, but the final was the same at The Aud, with that situation reversed... I don't actually get it. Elmira looks a whole lot better than its record would indicate to me.)
        Perhaps they are starting to turn a corner but Elmira’s big problem all year has been consistency. Beating Naz Friday though and then following up with the win over Utica is something different and maybe just maybe we’ve witnessed the turning point to where Elmira can be considered a legitimate uchc contender again.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

For the life of me, I cannot understand why, while on a PK, deep in our zone, our player, after s full two minute “rest” will come out of the box and head straight to the players bench, why??? Get the hell in there and get the puck cleared.
          Also, I think Elmira is the only team that I’ve seen that do not put s player in front of the opposing group goalie during a P, once in a while you’ll see one go there but seldom do you see one “hang out” in front. All other teams seem to do this.
          Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
          Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
          Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
            * More rumors about EC moving downtown for the 19-20 season.
            Interesting Interview on the topic of the Arena <link> (1/28 Airing of “Twin Tiers Weekly”)

Cheers!!!
            ~TTF
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

Dang!!

When is the last time EC had three of the top 15 scorers in all of D3?

Code:
              Points Per Game:                                            GP    G- A- P    P/GM
                1 Brady Fleurent             Univ. New England JR F       19    9-29-38    2.00
                2 Ryan Bloom                 Univ. New England SO F       21   14-24-38    1.81
                3 Jonathan Ruiz              UMass Dartmouth   JR F       18   15-16-31    1.72
                4 Nick Ford                  Elmira            SO F       21   19-17-36    1.71
                  Colin Larkin               UMass Boston      SR F       21   19-17-36    1.71
                6 Jack Billings              Salve Regina      SO F       21   15-20-35    1.67
                7 Connor Powell              Elmira            SO F       21   11-23-34    1.62
                8 Tanner Karty               Wis-Stevens Pt.   JR F       21   14-19-33    1.57
                9 Nick DiNicola              Fitchburg State   JR F       18    9-19-28    1.56
               10 Lane King                  Lawrence          SR F       21   12-20-32    1.52
                  Zack Bross                 UMass Boston      FR F       21    6-26-32    1.52
                  Scott Cuthrell             Nichols           SR F       21    7-25-32    1.52
               13 Conlan Keenan              Geneseo           SO F       20   13-17-30    1.50
               14 Matthew Cuce               Elmira            SO F       21   14-17-31    1.48
               15 Mike Sones                 UMass Dartmouth   SR F       18   14-12-26    1.44
              Sounds like the move downtown is a done deal for the 19/20 season. Thanks for the link TTF.

Comment

Re: Dang!!

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post

Code:
                Points Per Game:                                            GP    G- A- P    P/GM
                 10 Lane King                  Lawrence          SR F       21   12-20-32    1.52
                 13 Conlan Keenan              Geneseo           SO F       20   13-17-30    1.50
                 14 Matthew Cuce               Elmira            SO F       21   14-17-31    1.48
                 15 Mike Sones                 UMass Dartmouth   SR F       18   14-12-26    1.44
                Sounds like the move downtown is a done deal for the 19/20 season. Thanks for the link TTF.
                Probably have to go back to the Spinelli years I would imagine?

I watched all of Saturday's game and that line truly is something special. Ford should probably be an All-American.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

[QUOTE=elbojpb;6594932]When is the last time EC had three of the top 15 scorers in all of D3?

Code:
                  More importantly, when did they have 3 of the top 15 scorers in D3--and they were all sophs??
                  2017-2018 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
                  2016-2017 ECAC-W PICK EM 3RD PLACE
                  2015-2016 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
                  2014-2015 ECAC-W PICK EM 2ND PLACE
                  2013-2014 ECAC W PICK-EM CHAMPION
                  2010-2011 ECAC-W PICK-EM CHAMPION
                  2007-2008 ECAC-W PICK-EM 2ND PLACE
                  2007-2008 PLAYOFF PICK-EM 3RD PLACE

Comment

...Sounds like the move downtown is a done deal for the 19/20 season...
                    Ahhh, nuts... now I've gone and done it... I suppose we should resurrect the Good Ol' Thread on the topic, eh?? It's almost been a year!

I don't know man, on one hand I have to "consider the source", and in this case it is a couple of Politicians... one who has been saying the same thing for far too many years for me to even begin to believe a single word that oozes out, and another who equates anywhere from 8-12 blocks (dependent upon your chosen path) to be "2 Blocks to the front door of the arena" . Keep in-mind that is 8-12 blocks through one of the nicer parts of town (sarcasm fully-intended)... at night.

On the other hand, I can understand the pressure being put on the new College President by certain "influential" members of the local community to make this move happen. And boy-oh-boy, they really want that Medical College, so there could be some quid pro quo going-on (despite the fact that the proposal has been rejected multiple [4] times by Commission of Osteopathic College Accreditation). Far too many moving parts for one to project the financial implications, however when considering the decline in enrollment at a time when the volume of students graduating high schools are at record-high numbers, one simply cannot ignore the financial aspects. I suppose that the decision to move downtown or not just comes-down to the quality of the sales pitch.

Personally, my opinion (as if it matters) has evolved on the topic to the point where I really don't have a valid opinion any more... I don't care one way or the other. I am just thoroughly-repulsed by the politics involved, but then again... why should I have expected anything else?

So to quote Forest... "That's all I have to say 'bout that". Well, at least until the Good Ol' Thread linked above comes back to-life.

Cheers!!!
                    ~TTF
                    Dave
                    RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by ECfansince'84 View Post
                      More importantly, when did they have 3 of the top 15 scorers in D3--and they were all sophs??
                      This could be considered both a blessing and a curse... a blessing to have such a talented bunch available, but a curse when they make-up one line and that one line amounts to around 63% of all of the goals for the year.

Fortunately, few (if any!) have figured out just how to shut that line down! The other lines need to step it up soon, as it is pretty easy to see where the opposition may focus defensive efforts for the rest of the season... or at least they'll try!

Cheers!!!
                      ~TTF
                      Dave
                      RIT - '90

Comment

Re: First Arena
                        Santoulli (sp). He screwed up the Warplane Museum, don’t trust anything he’s involved in.
                        Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                        Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                        Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

UCHC Post-Season

As we get closer to the end of the regular season, there are likely to be questions on how this virgin conference is going to handle the post-season. I wondered this myself this morning, and stumbled-upon the answer so I thought I would share the knowledge - (UCHC Tournament Link)

Only the top 6 teams make the UCHC Tournament with the lower-4 playing in weekday (Wednesday 2/21) quarterfinal match-ups, the winners advancing to play the top-2 seeds on Saturday (2/24). Championship game at the highest remaining seed on Saturday, March 3.

Tiebreakers (if necessary) are listed within the linked-site above, but since I have nowhere to be this morning...
                          • Head-to-Head results
                          • Number of League Wins
                          • Record against highest seeded team(s), in descending order
                          • Number of League Regulation Wins
                          • Least Goals Allowed in League Play
                          • Comparison of Overall Winning Percentage against each common non-conference opponent
                          • The Dreaded Coin Toss

Cheers!!!
                          ~TTF

EDIT/NOTE: On the Women's side, the UCHC Tournament format differs slightly... same number of teams (top 6), but with the lower-4 playing on Saturday 2/24 (...or Friday or Sunday, based upon rink availability), then a Semi-Final/Championship weekend tourney March 3-4 at the No.1 seed.
                          Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 02-03-2018, 07:40 AM. Reason: Adding details for the Women's Tournament
                          Dave
                          RIT - '90

Comment

The single largest improvement since the beginning of the season is the goaltending. Yes, the "A" line is All American quality, and the defense has actually been pretty decent all year, but the netminders have done a very good job in the second half.
                            2017-2018 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
                            2016-2017 ECAC-W PICK EM 3RD PLACE
                            2015-2016 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
                            2014-2015 ECAC-W PICK EM 2ND PLACE
                            2013-2014 ECAC W PICK-EM CHAMPION
                            2010-2011 ECAC-W PICK-EM CHAMPION
                            2007-2008 ECAC-W PICK-EM 2ND PLACE
                            2007-2008 PLAYOFF PICK-EM 3RD PLACE

Comment

Re: UCHC Post-Season

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                              As we get closer to the end of the regular season, there are likely to be questions on how this virgin conference is going to handle the post-season. I wondered this myself this morning, and stumbled-upon the answer so I thought I would share the knowledge - (UCHC Tournament Link)

Only the top 6 teams make the UCHC Tournament with the lower-4 playing in weekday (Wednesday 2/21) quarterfinal match-ups, the winners advancing to play the top-2 seeds on Saturday (2/24). Championship game at the highest remaining seed on Saturday, March 3.

Tiebreakers (if necessary) are listed within the linked-site above, but since I have nowhere to be this morning...
                              • Head-to-Head results
                              • Number of League Wins
                              • Record against highest seeded team(s), in descending order
                              • Number of League Regulation Wins
                              • Least Goals Allowed in League Play
                              • Comparison of Overall Winning Percentage against each common non-conference opponent
                              • The Dreaded Coin Toss

Cheers!!!
                              ~TTF

EDIT/NOTE: On the Women's side, the UCHC Tournament format differs slightly... same number of teams (top 6), but with the lower-4 playing on Saturday 2/24 (...or Friday or Sunday, based upon rink availability), then a Semi-Final/Championship weekend tourney March 3-4 at the No.1 seed.
                              It’s very likely the tie breaker is going to be needed for at least some of the spots.
                              EC could still win the league with some help or finish 6th if they don’t take care of business. 6 teams could theoretically end up with 20 points. That would require some very unlikely wins and ties in a few games but it could happen. Manhattanville would end up #1 and Elmira #2 in that crazy scenario.
                              I’m just hoping for at least 1 more game at the MAC this year!
                              Lets Go EC!!!!!

Comment

Re: UCHC Post-Season

Welp, playing in the Domes on Saturday 2/24 is right-out [unfortunately]... First or Second seed is now out-of-reach. Elmira must beat Lebanon Valley tomorrow and get to 21pts to host a game on Wednesday 2/21. A tie won't cut it.

Stay tuned...
                                Dave
                                RIT - '90

Comment

Working...
                                X