No announcement yet.

Elmira College 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-0 Elmira. Ford one-timer on the power play.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Potsdam ties it back up on scrum in front of net where Elmira just couldn’t clear it. Goalie was down and out and easy crash rebound goal on the weak side.
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

1-1 after 1. Pretty even period.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Nick Ford’s second of the game puts Elmira up 2-1. Rebound kicked right out to Ford crashing from left, Easy wide open net goal. Potsdam goalie looks like he’s fighting it a bit tonight to see the puck.

EC’s top line looks like it could score on every shift.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Potsdam ties it up 2-2 with goal off rebound in front. Initial save hit EC goalie’s globe but couldn’t find rebound that was sitting in crease. Potsdam player quick stick to tap rebound Home.

4:20 left in 2nd.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Potsdam adds another on a rebound on top of crease. Difference in the game has been Elmira did an excellent job in the first period clogging up the slot, blocking shots and clearing rebounds. Potsdam was getting out played pretty much all second period until last 5 minutes and capitalized on lax EC defense in front to score both goals.

3-2 Potsdam under 2 mins left in second.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Cuce rebound PP goal after nifty pass from blue line found MacLean driving to net from top of slot. Cuce crashed from the right and banged Home the rebound off MacLean’s shot to tie it 3-3. 10:30 left in 3rd
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Potsdam scores with 50 seconds left after he was left all alone in front Long enough that he had plenty of time to dangle the puck drag it over to his backhand and shovel it in far side.

Huge defensive breakdown leaving the best Potsdam forward all alone in front.

4-3 Potsdam...Elmira goalie pulled with 42 seconds left.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Elmira College 2017-2018

Defense has been inconsistent all year.
                    Last edited by smbenny; 11-22-2017, 04:37 AM.
                    2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Potsdam scores with 50 seconds left after he was left all alone in front Long enough that he had plenty of time to dangle the puck drag it over to his backhand and shovel it in far side.

Huge defensive breakdown leaving the best Potsdam forward all alone in front.

4-3 Potsdam...Elmira goalie pulled with 42 seconds left.
                      Leave Vander Esch the opportunity to win the game, and he will make you pay.

I was thinking of going to the game, but it's a long drive for a weeknight. So, I watched it online.

The second period was the difference. Like you said, Elmira controlled play most of that period, but wound up getting outscored 2-1 because they fell asleep in the last few minutes. That's a backbreaker.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Leave Vander Esch the opportunity to win the game, and he will make you pay.
                        Plattsburgh learned a similar lesson on Saturday night.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

This team is the very definition of inconsistent. A-line continues to impress, and 31 in net shows some promise!? This is what can happen when a team is outshot 2:1, but keeps the stupid penalties to a minimum.

Comment

Highlights from last night: https://youtu.be/_FzA3vXXyXw
                            2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Saul's got to go im sorry! Not sorry!!!! This is so sad! So sick of seeing this team underachieving against lesser opponents its been this way for way to many years now. When kids come in year 1 an show lots of potential an by year 4 have not grown much or at all something is wrong within the staff. Its crazy to see this team for the last 4 years show up against top teir opponents an win or tie them. Then teams we should be beating show up an we cant play the games we should be against them and we look absolutely awfully!!!!!!!
                              GO EC GO

Comment

You are not the only person to feel this way. Such a waste of good talent. To many of us, “ it APPEARS “ that the College isn’t as dedicated to this program like it used to be.
                                Hire a top notch coach, give him full rein of the program and see what happens. A successful program will generate fans which also generates revinue. When I first started going to EC games, it was almost standing room only at most games, not unusual to see 300+ fans take the trip to RIT for a regular season game.
                                I really wish that the College would appreciate the fans that still come out, game after game, win or lose, ( which they have been doing a lot of lately ).
                                Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                                Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                                Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Working...
                                X