Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2017-2018

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
    Hopefully Scarfo is all right! He got hit by Forman right square in the chest when he wasn't expecting it after contact with the puck...it might have been a little late , maybe interference but it was far from dirty. I would think he might have had the wind knocked out of him. BG is one of the least penalized teams and plays straight up and not dirty!
    I'm not sure it was the actual hit (other than the shock) but more the helmet hitting the ice that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
      Word has it he was bleeding as he went off the ice. We feared concussion, but hard to say. A friend of mine actually thought he ran into a teammate, but wasn’t 100% sure.

I’d like to know what happened to Greg Campbell in the third after he got hit and began to slowly skate back to the bench. I don’t recall seeing Rick Bennett that upset about anything.
      Campbell was injured (shook up ) and when he got up and skated toward the bench River Rymsha put a shoulder into his chest for absolutely no reason - linesman right there - no call..

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
        That was an ugly win. Union, for the most part, didn't play nearly as well as they did on Friday. Dartmouth probably deserved a better fate tonight. Kupsky bailed Union out tonight.

Hopefully Scarfo is okay - I saw him go down, but was watching something else and didn't see what led to him going down. That was in the second period and he didn't return.

I don't know about the tiebreakers, but Union has 8 more points than 5th place Colgate with 8 possible points left on the table. If Union didn't clinch a first round bye tonight, they're right on the doorstep.
        Too many flu victims on the ice for the 2nd game in 2 days .. Energy was lacking but considering
        that - I think they put in a good effort..

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Yes, least penalized in the ECAC and 59th least penalized in the country. We are 52nd least penalized.
          Maybe because it's early on a Sunday morning but What exactly does this statement you made actually say??

59th least penalized vs 52nd least penalized yet they are the least penalized in the ECAC??

Comment

Originally posted by Pokey View Post
            Too many flu victims on the ice for the 2nd game in 2 days .. Energy was lacking but considering
            that - I think they put in a good effort..
            Not to minimize or diminish your W but I think your overall experience in winning pulled you through last night's game and BTW while you are stating a fact about the flu infiltrating your team...it is not immune to you as the entire country is included and hockey teams included

Comment

Originally posted by Pokey View Post
              Maybe because it's early on a Sunday morning but What exactly does this statement you made actually say??

59th least penalized vs 52nd least penalized yet they are the least penalized in the ECAC??
              I have got you covered on this one Dutchman! That Dartmouth is the 59th least penalized team in the country and also the least penalized in the ECAC while Union is the 52nd least penalized team in the country.

Comment

I have got you covered on this one Dutchman! That Dartmouth is the 59th least penalized team in the country and also the least penalized in the ECAC while Union is the 52nd least penalized team in the country.
                OK - got it -- they played less games outside conference
                As for in conference - I can guarantee you if Union would have shouldered an injured player on his way to the bench - there would have been
                1 more Union penalty... If that is how their games are refereed I understand now..

Comment

Not to minimize or diminish your W but I think your overall experience in winning pulled you through last night's game and BTW while you are stating a fact about the flu infiltrating your team...it is not immune to you as the entire country is included and hockey teams included
                  " overall experience in winning" - It sure didn't help when we started out 0-5
                  I lean more to a Hot Goalie and the size of the fight in the dog theory - especially since college hockey teams
                  turn over so many of their better players each year..

Didn't mean to get your big green feathers in a tizzy.. I understand the flu is everywhere
                  only meant to stress the effort needed to take bodies into that kind of war two nights in a row
                  when the prescription for the ailment reads "lots of bed rest and liquids" not over exertion and
                  sweatin like a draft horse...

I certainly meant no disrespect as BG played very well in a hostile environment

Comment

......However, the Cornell goalie got two shutouts and one win and one tie!!!! I saw parts of Clarkson vs Cornell - two great goalies.

Remember, this is the ECAC and anything can and usually does happen.

Fixed your post.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Speaking of goals scored...just wanted to commend you guys on both of your goal scored last night. They were of NHL-caliber and exactly how you draw it up and execute it. The first one on a nice high slot tip on the PP that beat our goalie five hole as he was coming over for what he thought was a shot from the right point and the second off a won FO draw (I believe L-H backhand) and Morgan (I believe) absolutely sniped it ala Ovie. And as we know that and Kupsky was all you needed to beat the BG. Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Qpac before last weeks win over Brown and loss to Yale.
                        http://www.uscho.com/2018/02/08/week...erges-stretch/

Harvard 21

Colgate 18
                        Dartmouth 17
                        Princeton 17
                        Yale 17
                        Quinipiac 16

Brown 11
                        RPI 10
                        St. Lawrence 7

Down to the final 4 games in league play. There is going to be a ferocious battle for the last top 4 slot AND for home ice. A real dogfight
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZZkvxPIdyo
                        Last edited by Dutchman; 02-11-2018, 08:31 PM.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

The last time we did something spectacular like beating the Fighting Sioux, we got a fat head and stumbled. I hope we come down to earth after checking our ticket for a first round bye. If we don't Qpac will clean our clock.

Remember names like these who over the years have stuffed us?
                          Tanner MacMaster?
                          Chase Priskie?
                          Bo Pieper?
                          Landon Smith?
                          Brandon Fortunato?

Well, they are all back, and they are hungry and their back is against the wall. They are putting together a run. This was the team that was predicted to finish at the Top this year.

Defense
                          Block Shots
                          Stay out of the penalty box
                          Last edited by Dutchman; 02-16-2018, 06:37 AM.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

The last time we did something spectacular like beating the Fighting Sioux, we got a fat head and stumbled. I hope we come down to earth after checking our ticket for a first round bye. If we don't Qpac will eat out lunch.

Remember names like these who over the years have stuffed us?
                            Tanner MacMaster?
                            Chase Priskie?
                            Bo Pieper?
                            Landon Smith?
                            Brandon Fortunato?

Well, they are all back, and they are hungry and their back is against the wall. They are putting together a run. This was the team that was predicted to finish at the Top this year.

Defense
                            Block Shots
                            Stay out of the penalty box
                            Stay out of the penalty box - is and always should be JOB #1 .. Only good penalty is one that absolutely prevents a sure goal.
                            besides it makes the other 2 jobs that much easier..

Comment

Quarterfinal round tickets went on sale this morning...

https://unionathleticstickets.univer..._listings.asp?

Comment

Scouting the Enemy: Union Dutchmen

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-dutchmen.html
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/