Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Well after reflecting on missing another opportunity to win our tournament, it just goes down to the year we won, we had the best goalie.
    Our goalies are getting experience and hopefully a true number 1 emerges for the second half. I think the quick turnaround is going to be good for Tech as you could tell, the team was dejected at the final whistle.

On the positives, Cooper Watson did not look out of place and his crisp passing plays were noticeable.
    The forwards showed well and Reitmeyer with some additional battle is going to be really good.
    Gould was flying last night and looks like he has found another level. Lucchini was great.
    Really interesting to see the results with BC, series history has shown, Tech has not beat them since the glory days.
    Last edited by Huskiefan906; 01-03-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Hard to take a goalie who just got goaltender of the month honors out of the line up.. guess we'll be sticking with Beydoun, regardless of the clunker goals and shaky puck handling.. Going to need a solid performance out of him against BC

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
        Hard to take a goalie who just got goaltender of the month honors out of the line up.. guess we'll be sticking with Beydoun, regardless of the clunker goals and shaky puck handling.. Going to need a solid performance out of him against BC
        With the GLi pushed to January and everything else going on there were very few games for WCHA teams in December...I wouldn’t be afraid to make a change...should be interesting to see how Joe handles it.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          With the GLi pushed to January and everything else going on there were very few games for WCHA teams in December...I wouldn’t be afraid to make a change...should be interesting to see how Joe handles it.
          Hard, but not impossible. Agree it will be interesting to see who gets the nod and how long Coach sticks with 'em if the weak ones keep coming. I just wish one of the three would finally step up and finally start playing like a #1. Doesn't matter to me which one.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
            Hard, but not impossible. Agree it will be interesting to see who gets the nod and how long Coach sticks with 'em if the weak ones keep coming. I just wish one of the three would finally step up and finally start playing like a #1. Doesn't matter to me which one.
            Much harder for a fan than a coach!
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Saw a little bit of Tech’s skate today at T-Mobile Arena in Vegas. Looked like they had good energy.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Ticket manager today told me they have sold 2300 tickets so far at T Mobile
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                  Told you it wasn’t hard...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Told you it wasn’t hard...
                    Guess not. So far it's looking good

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      Ticket manager today told me they have sold 2300 tickets so far at T Mobile
                      Wife and kids at the game. Better venue would have been the Orleans, hope this tournament grows,

Comment

• Tech, yeah!! MTU 4 - BC 3

Comment

Tech sure likes to make things interesting! But found a way to get the win

Comment

Congrats to the Huskies on a berth in the championship tomorrow and bringing another NC win back to the WCHA.

This would be an interesting trivia question, though I have no idea what the answer would be: how many teams in college hockey history have made it to the finals of a tournament twice in the same week?
                            Last edited by potternmu; 01-05-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
                              Congrats to the Huskies on a berth in the championship tomorrow and bringing another NC win back to the WCHA.

This would be an interesting trivia question, though I have no idea what the answer would be: how many teams in college hockey history have made it to the finals of a tournament twice in the same week?
                              Or 3 times in the same season.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Well done, Huskies! Good luck tomorrow/today. Whatever. (These Alaska weekends mess with my sleep cycle.).

Comment

Working...
                                X