Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Toronto up 1-0 on Columbus.
    And that's the final.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      And that's the final.
      Boo. Between Altidore + Bradley and their general predilection for diving TFC is an easily hateable team.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Seattle-Houston coming up in the Western Final. Seattle has a 2-0 lead. I should be confident, but I’m nervous.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Sounders playing Hendrix prior to kickoff. Nice.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Seattle up 2-0 on the night, 4-0 on aggregate and VAR gets a Houston player sent off.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Seattle advances 5-0 on aggregate. Seattle v Toronto again for MLS Cup.

Seattle hasn’t given up a goal in the playoffs since last years Western Conference Final Leg 1. That’s 570 minutes without giving up a goal.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Poland is in pot 1?!?!?

N
                F
                W
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Poland is in pot 1?!?!?

N
                  F
                  W
                  From what I've heard, Poland "gamed the system" by not playing any friendlies at all, or something along those lines. There's apparently a flaw in the computer algorithm that FIFA uses to generate their rankings and Poland exploited it.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Seattle advances 5-0 on aggregate. Seattle v Toronto again for MLS Cup.

Seattle hasn’t given up a goal in the playoffs since last years Western Conference Final Leg 1. That’s 570 minutes without giving up a goal.
                    Good job. Good luck in the finals.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Fun interactive tool from 538 on how to choose who to cheer for in World Cup based on team characteristics.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/world-cup-quiz/

I guess Iceland is my team....
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        Fun interactive tool from 538 on how to choose who to cheer for in World Cup based on team characteristics.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/world-cup-quiz/

I guess Iceland is my team....
                        Took the test and ended up with Spain.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Diego Maradonna looks like a Mob enforcer
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Here are the pots in order
                            A: Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uraguay
                            B: Portugal, Spain, Morocco ,Iran
                            C: France, Australia, Peru, Denmark
                            D: Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria
                            E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia
                            F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea
                            G: Belgium, Panama,Tunisia, England
                            H: Poland, Senegal, Columbia, Japan
                            Last edited by joecct; 12-01-2017, 09:56 AM.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

There is no group of death unless I'm missing something.

And England might even advance.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                There is no group of death unless I'm missing something.

And England might even advance.
                                there really shouldn't be one with the way they did it this time.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X