Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Why are we hating on the NIT idea?
    Not sure if anyone else already posted this kind of reply....

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Its odd to me that you assume this has never been thought of before. Im sure it has, it probably never had enough detail or support previously to become public.
    If I'm a fan of a club team more than a fan of a national team, I'd hate exposing my best players to injury, especially in an "tourney of 2nd-best" in which the risk of potential injury might be heightened. If I'm the owner or manager of a club team, I am very much strongly set against it. From what I've heard, there already is some tension between the best club teams and national teams during "friendlies" windows. The clubs begrudgingly concede to the World Cup, they aren't that enthusiastic about it.
    Last edited by FreshFish; 11-20-2017, 01:11 PM.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

It's hilarious watching Michael Bradley getting booed on every touch in Columbus.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Nil - Nil in Columbus
        and Seattle has a chance to put the series away with 2 away goals, but flubbed the penalty.
        Houston playing with 10.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Nil - Nil in Columbus
          and Seattle has a chance to put the series away with 2 away goals, but flubbed the penalty.
          Houston playing with 10.
          Seattle still gets the 2-0 lead going back home. Sounders have yet to give up a goal in the playoffs.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Seattle still gets the 2-0 lead going back home. Sounders have yet to give up a goal in the playoffs.
            Very nice. Go Seattle.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Michael Bradley goes full heel turn, says Columbus “has not kept up with the rest of Major League Soccer.”
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Thats a great way to continue down the path of not being liked by american soccer fans...
                Fail to make a World Cup (CHECK)
                Side with moving original MLS Club (CHECK)
                ???
                Profit?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

He's just feathering his bed with TPTB for his life after playing. Media coverage of MLS seems to be just shy of the Shield, Fox News, or the WWE in how they are just a marketing arm for The Product.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Thats a great way to continue down the path of not being liked by american soccer fans...
                    Fail to make a World Cup (CHECK)
                    Side with moving original MLS Club (CHECK)
                    ???
                    Profit?
                    He’s already getting booed at every stadium in the US so far.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      He's just feathering his bed with TPTB for his life after playing. Media coverage of MLS seems to be just shy of the Shield, Fox News, or the WWE in how they are just a marketing arm for The Product.
                      No way he’s unseating Lalas as the “Go-to Soccer Blowhard.”
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

tickets for watford are somewhat more reasonable than tickets for chelsea... longer ride on the metropolitan line, but maybe......
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          No way he’s unseating Lalas as the “Go-to Soccer Blowhard.”
                          Piers Morgan?
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Piers Morgan?
                            You know, I’ve never seen Alexi and Piers in the same room together...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              You know, I’ve never seen Alexi and Piers in the same room together...
                              Piers is on his way to Australia for The Ashes.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Piers is on his way to Australia for The Ashes.
                                He and Trump are unique in that when they enter Australia the level of class drops.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X