Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Spurs and Bournemouth (#4 and #6 in the table) at Wembley or Wolves and Fulham (11th and last)? Obvious Craven would be quaint but does that overcome the product on the () pitch?

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Ok now, mookie is going to a match on Boxing Day. Has to pick between spurs at wembley or craven cottage for the hapless hosts there. Leaning to Fulham.
      Right choice?
      Wembley. My God.

Other news:
      Zidane to Bayern for 19-20??
      VAR in Premier League for 19-20.
      Chelsea facing transfer ban??
      https://www.tsn.ca/report-chelsea-fa...-ban-1.1210228
      Last edited by joecct; 11-15-2018, 10:38 AM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Spurs and Bournemouth (#4 and #6 in the table) at Wembley or Wolves and Fulham (11th and last)? Obvious Craven would be quaint but does that overcome the product on the () pitch?
        wembley feels like going to see the texans play. huge arse stadium and then ....ok.

sorta why mookie is thinking fulham. small band box for a game. plus the bottom half teams may make tickets less expensive
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Cry God for Harry, England, and St. George!!

Hold on lads!!!!
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Can somebody explain how the NCAA allows players who were not on the field at the end of OT2 can participate in the PK shootout?

It seems wrong.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Can somebody explain how the NCAA allows players who were not on the field at the end of OT2 can participate in the PK shootout?

It seems wrong.
              Same rules as HS soccer: any 5 players on the roster.

College soccer is run by coaches, it’s weird.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Gregg Berhalter it is

Comment

ARS / TOT getting interesting and chippy.

2 penalty already.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Painful ending for Everton in the 96th minute!
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Atlanta United wins MLS Cup in only their second season.

At least Portland didn’t win.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

mookie will be at wembley for spurs - bournemouth on boxing day.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Saints won a home league match yesterday for the first time since April 28 of last season (and only the second time in the last calendar year).

Bertrand said something on his Instagram story about how Hasenhüttl was providing "clear tactical instruction," which after a year and a half of Mark Hughes and Mauricio Pellegrino is a relief to hear. Hope this is the kick in the *** the club needs, especially with Reed also having been sacked.
                          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Hmmmmmm

@PSRAofficials: We want nothing more than a fair and lawful playing field for collective bargaining so that we may reach a timely agreement for our next CBA.

A statement from the PSRA regarding the recent NLRB ruling on the Unfair Labor Practices we've faced while negotiating: https://***********/PSRAofficials/st...368268/photo/1
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Hmmmmmm

@PSRAofficials: We want nothing more than a fair and lawful playing field for collective bargaining so that we may reach a timely agreement for our next CBA.

A statement from the PSRA regarding the recent NLRB ruling on the Unfair Labor Practices we've faced while negotiating: https://***********/PSRAofficials/st...368268/photo/1
                              OK, I will preface this post by saying that I am a US Soccer Referee, I know a few of the PSRA referees, and I was supportive of the organizing efforts of PSRA 5 years ago.

I am not surprised by this. MLS fans hate the referees, the MLS office hates the referees, MLS coaches hate the referees. So it is unsurprising that the MLS office is forcing PRO to screw the referees by ducking negotiations. There are likely, I don't know this for sure but it is educated guess, two things these negotiations are going to be about:

1. Referees are fed up with red cards being turned over on appeal with the consent of PRO officials despite the cards being a) confirmed by VAR, b) being confirmed as correct by assessors, and c) being confirmed correct by PRO. For a team to appeal a red card in MLS a three person panel consisting of person from the USSF, the CSA (Canada), and PRO must unanimously agree that the call was incorrect.

The biggest case was this red card Ted Unkel gave in 2017. As noted by the PSRA in their response after the red card was overturned:
                              As part of the normal review process, each match is assessed by a PRO Assessor and each major decision is notated as a Key Match Incident (KMI). The assessor for this match reviewed the match and made detailed notes regarding the performance of the referee crew. Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, PSRA receives a copy of each assessment.

With respect to the two red cards that were issued to Orlando City SC, the assessor deemed the decisions correct and marked them both as KMIs, which would be normal for major decisions in a game. As a result, those plays were put under further scrutiny by PRO’s KMI Review Panel, which pursuant to the PSRA-PRO collective bargaining agreement, is comprised of PRO’s General Manager, Training & Development Manager, and Referee Manager. The KMI Review Panel discusses the plays and reaches a determination whether the referee decisions on the field were correct or not. Both the red card issued to Mr. Ramos and the red card issued to Mr. Nocerino were deemed “correct” by the Assessor and were deemed “correct” by the KMI Review Panel.

Furthermore, the PRO Assessor deemed the referee decision on the tackle made by Mr. Ramos as “Expected”, which means that it is expected that a professional referee gets that decision correct. Upon review by the PRO KMI Review Panel, the decision was upgraded two levels, to be a “Difficult” decision, which means that it is unlikely a professional referee can successfully make this correct call on the field. There are very few decisions per year in MLS that result in a “Difficult” rating. It is PSRA’s opinion that upgrading the difficulty rating of this decision indicates that when the members of the PRO KMI Review Panel discussed this play, they agreed that this was a case of extraordinary refereeing
                              So despite telling the referee that the decision was correct and "Difficult" to make, they turned around and voted against him on the appeal. It's hard to effectively referee if the League is going to throw you under the bus despite them telling you did a good job.

2. Use of foreign referees. And I'm not talking about Canadians.

The PSRA, and frankly a lot of US Referees, are worried about MLS basically bringing in foreign referees to work the league in a fashion like the Saudi league is doing right now. Why should we worry about that? Look at who refereed the MLS Cup this year (and 2016): Alan Kelly, an Irish referee who "retired" to come over and work as an administrator for PRO. When MLS and PRO locked out the PSRA referees in 2014 and brought in replacement referees guess who was first in line to referee? Alan Kelly. When Kelly hit the threshold to be a PSRA member, and therefore be under the terms of the CBA, the PSRA filed a suit with NLRB against PRO because Kelly was receiving additional benefits:
                              In the transcript, Walton admitted to paying Kelly salary and benefits -- excluding game fees -- that are more than double what is mandated by the CBA. Included in Kelly's contract was a signing bonus, a housing allowance, and the reimbursing of travel expenses back to his native Ireland. The CBA explicitly prohibits the paying of additional compensation to officials outside of what is specified by the agreement. The transcript also revealed that the maximum annual salary -- excluding game fees -- for a PSRA referee is $74,000.
                              Source.

MLS and PRO have already done it once and it's fairly obvious they want to do it again, otherwise they'd be negotiating a new contract fairly.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Hey JJ,

What is the path to becoming an MLS Official? Just curious how it compares to other sports.

Is there a direct escalation in levels (Amateur to Pro) like with NFL Officials ( High School --> Small College --> Small D-1 --> Big D-1 --> NFL)? Or is it like baseball were you need to graduate a structured evaluation program (Wendelstedt Umpire School) to get your foot into pro ball (Minor Leagues) that can allow you to progress to MLB?

Also, is there a direct cutoff between NFHS/NCAA Officials and US Soccer? It seems like you are on one side or the other with little chance of progressing on the other side...
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X