Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Do you believe USA hockey pays for Kane to play for them during the Olympics?
    Don't know if they do, but they should.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      That is pretty crazy...first road clean sheet in MLS.
      I honestly hope Alonso will be able to go the whole season this time, he’s a d- good player.

In other news, Atlanta tied Cincinnati and, once again, the Atlanta fans are melting down. Hard. Like, “let’s fire this coach who’s only been here for five games” meltdown.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Sporting KC loses 5-0 to Monterrey and all the folks on r/MLS and Twitter lose their minds.

“We’ve fallen behind!” “We need to get rid of the salary cap!!!” “Let’s force the bad owners to spend more money!!!”

Maybe, just a thought, Monterrey is probably the best team in CONCACAF while SKC is a middling MLS team who reached the semis because of a lucky draw?

Maybe LigaMX has taken steps to improve their league just like MLS?

JFC.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Sporting KC loses 5-0 to Monterrey and all the folks on r/MLS and Twitter lose their minds.

“We’ve fallen behind!” “We need to get rid of the salary cap!!!” “Let’s force the bad owners to spend more money!!!”

Maybe, just a thought, Monterrey is probably the best team in CONCACAF while SKC is a middling MLS team who reached the semis because of a lucky draw?

Maybe LigaMX has taken steps to improve their league just like MLS?

JFC.
          I saw a thing that said Monterrey would have 10 DPs and 5 TAM players if they were under MLS rules.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            I saw a thing that said Monterrey would have 10 DPs and 5 TAM players if they were under MLS rules.
            Yup, and outside of maybe Atlanta (and I even doubt that) no MLS team would be able to afford that kind of salary bill without sustaining huge financial losses. The financial gap between MLS and the top LigaMX teams is bigger than most people think.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Yup, and outside of maybe Atlanta (and I even doubt that) no MLS team would be able to afford that kind of salary bill without sustaining huge financial losses. The financial gap between MLS and the top LigaMX teams is bigger than most people think.
              I think MLS is getting much better but yes, the top of LigaMX is pretty far...the rest of the league is completely reachable but the top will be difficult.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

This is the longest of long shots, but yesterday's mail had my ticket to St James' Park for the 20 April match between Newcastle and Southampton. Thanks to medical reasons I'm stuck stateside. The ticket is front row just to the left of the net in the Gallowsgate Stand. Anyone going to be spending Easter weekend in northeast England and feel like some EPL football?

Comment

What a game.
                  Spurs got "lucky"
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    What a game.
                    Spurs got "lucky"
                    That’s what VAR is for. The right team won.

Of course come Sunday the VAR won’t be there...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Oof da.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

USMNT not happy about playing on grass on top of turf against Venezuela.

https://www.apnews.com/f9041c2d11b84136bc2257b556da2b78

MLS wants to expand to 30
                        https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/04...e-teams-28-30/

Supposedly 28 and 29 will be coming shortly, most likely in Sacramento and St Louis. I’m very confused how both Detroit and Phoenix could have >50% chance of being the final team. Detroit is probably out because they sabatoged the bid to include Ford Field. Unless that changes I think anything Detroit is DOA.

With all the cities left on the board, MLS1 and 2 with promotion and relegation idea mentioned in the article would be interesting, but I’m sure that would just spark lawsuit after lawsuit from the other leagues in the pyramid.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          USMNT not happy about playing on grass on top of turf against Venezuela.

https://www.apnews.com/f9041c2d11b84136bc2257b556da2b78
                          Turf was good enough for the women. Suck it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            It’s Haisley, the Fox News of the anti-MLS crowd.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              MLS wants to expand to 30
                              https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/04...e-teams-28-30/

Supposedly 28 and 29 will be coming shortly, most likely in Sacramento and St Louis. I’m very confused how both Detroit and Phoenix could have >50% chance of being the final team. Detroit is probably out because they sabatoged the bid to include Ford Field. Unless that changes I think anything Detroit is DOA.

With all the cities left on the board, MLS1 and 2 with promotion and relegation idea mentioned in the article would be interesting, but I’m sure that would just spark lawsuit after lawsuit from the other leagues in the pyramid.
                              There was a great post on BigSoccer that summed up the Pro/Rel talk: The European leagues will rid themselves of Pro/Rel before its instituted in the US.

There will be an AL/NL split or at the very least a divisional split as the league grows.

As for expansion, it’s the expansion teams that are growing the league right now, think Toronto, Seattle, Atlanta, Portland, LAFC, while the 2002 survivors are struggling except for SKC and the Galaxy. Expansion really hasn’t hurt the league in anyway, even the level of play has gotten better.

For the most part it’s about growing to markets that will increase TV viewership and gaining a large enough TV contract. Even an NHL level TV contract would put MLS in the top 5-6 of leagues worldwide. Given that, I’d expect St. Louis, Phoenix, and Las Vegas as the cities getting teams.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                That’s what VAR is for. The right team won.

Of course come Sunday the VAR won’t be there...
                                That's why I put lucky in quotes.
                                Really need ManU to beat City or the title race is done.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X