Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Sevilla fail to score on a 6-on-1 counter-attack.

Comment

Chelsea gave up on this season awhile ago. Man City is embarrassing them. 4-0 in 25 minutes.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Chelsea gave up on this season awhile ago. Man City is embarrassing them. 4-0 in 25 minutes.
        They're 1 point out of an ECL slot, right?

Edit: Jesus f-ck, I just looked at the table more closely. The Noisy Neighbors have a +54 goal differential in 27 games.

Also Spurs should get some sort of American award if they can hold out for the rest of the season. They have 0 draws.
        Last edited by Kepler; 02-11-2019, 03:14 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That's how you do it.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That's not how you do it.
            Cornell University

Comment

Always fascinating watching the opening games of the CONCACAF Champions League.

Toronto got greased by Independiente of Panama 4-0 (methinks the dynasty at TFC has faded quickly and that's why Giovinco left).

Houston and the Red Bulls picked up wins on the road. Demarcus Beasley is not only still playing for Houston but also scored.

The Sporks beat Toluca of Mexico 3-0, at home though (and Toluca being 15th in Liga MX a factor too). Still, a nice win.

Atlanta United celebrated their MLS Cup by losing to Herediano of Costa Rica 3-1. They looked... not good.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Toronto got greased by Independiente of Panama 4-0 (methinks the dynasty at TFC has faded quickly and that's why Giovinco left).

Houston and the Red Bulls picked up wins on the road. Demarcus Beasley is not only still playing for Houston but also scored.

The Sporks beat Toluca of Mexico 3-0, at home though (and Toluca being 15th in Liga MX a factor too). Still, a nice win.

Atlanta United celebrated their MLS Cup by losing to Herediano of Costa Rica 3-1. They looked... not good.
                you're being very kind to Giovinco to say he left...when it was more he was pushed out because they didn't really want to pay him anymore.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  you're being very kind to Giovinco to say he left...when it was more he was pushed out because they didn't really want to pay him anymore.
                  Which is a boneheaded decision by MLSE considering their offense (wait, it’s Canada, offence) was basically Gio. And TFC’s defense is getting worse by the minute.

Though it will be fun see TFC suck again.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Also, the reactions out of Atlanta after their loss are hilarious. All that money and they lose in Costa Rica like everyone else. I’d hope after experiencing the beautiful disaster that is CONCACAF officiating (and I say that as a referee myself) that the ATL fans will better appreciate MLS officiating but I know they won’t.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Update:

TFC couldn’t even win at home and are out. But hey! 538 has them predicted top 3 in the East! (They won’t make the playoffs).

Houston and the Red Bulls moved on, though Houston needed a late goal.

The Sporks finished off Toluca winning 2-0 in Toluca. The Toluca fans gave the Sporks the Ole! chant. That’s one of the most insulting things fans in Mexico can do to their team. Conversely, it’s a career highlight for any away team (especially an American one). Don’t get too excited though, Toluca is hot garbage.

Atlanta won 4-0 at home and moved on. Apparently home field matters in CONCACAF, who knew?

MLS Season starts Saturday. FC Cincinnati is the new team this year so obviously they play Seattle. The Galaxy right now have 4 Designated Players signed and have until Midnight to get down to 3 or basically lose one of them. Minnesota United will open a sweet new stadium this season.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The current MLS Golden Boot leader is...

Michael Bradley.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The current MLS Golden Boot leader is...

Michael Bradley.
                          And the team with the least goals in MLS is...

Atlanta United
                          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                            And the team with the least goals in MLS is...

Atlanta United
                            All is well!
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

All is well!
                              I thought you hated Portland?
                              Cornell University

Comment

I'll be honest in that I haven't paid much attention to MLS in the past. Now that MNUFC is opening Allianz I wanted to see when their first home game was to see if I could watch it online. Has scheduling always been this bizarre? With the stadium being open air perhaps that's why they don't have a home game until April 13th that ok that makes sense.

But why are there so many stretches of 7+ days between games? They have stretches of 11, 14, 21.... And then they drag the regular season into October only to have to complete with MLB playoffs and the start of the NFL season. Granted there may not be a ton of crossover of fans between the 3 leagues but it still seems strange. There might be some allowances there for non-league games (and possibly to accommodate the National team?) but it still seems odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X