Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    There was a great post on BigSoccer that summed up the Pro/Rel talk: The European leagues will rid themselves of Pro/Rel before its instituted in the US.
    Certainly the owners of the big clubs want that. I'm surprised they didn't kill relegation when they created the Premier League. And it benefits the stars. But everyone else?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Certainly the owners of the big clubs want that. I'm surprised they didn't kill relegation when they created the Premier League. And it benefits the stars. But everyone else?
      your boys finally picked up a road win
      too late of course...
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        In so far as it could give other clubs beyond the big clubs a chance to win the title? Yes.

The European soccer model has not adapted well to the changes in the game, most notably free agency and TV money. It has taken an already unequal system and exacerbated it. In the last 20-30 years it has been the same clubs winning the domestic titles and the same clubs winning in the Champions League. The only way to break the monotony is for a sketchy billionaire to spend millions.

There are better ways to break up the 40-50 qualified clubs in each country beyond a Pro/Rel, Division setup.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

such as????
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            such as????
            Divide the clubs that can meet First Division criteria (stadium, financial requirements) into regional based conferences and have a playoff at the end of the season. Impose a salary cap and a transfer budget limit.

At a realistic level there are only so many clubs that can be first division teams, it’s 40-50 in England, 30-40 in Germany, and far far lower in even Spain and Italy. The financial divide between top clubs and even mid level clubs is huge and only getting worse.

Of course the other option is a European Super League but FIFA and UEFA will do anything to prevent that and the top clubs know that and use it to their advantage.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              your boys finally picked up a road win
              too late of course...
              This year has gone... poorly.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                This year has gone... poorly.
                Hey! The Timbers won. I mean, they’re still a dumpster fire but...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Well, we've got our title, anyway.
                  Cornell University

Comment

What's a win? - Quakes fans

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      What's a win? - Quakes fans
                      Something you get against Portland.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Something you get against Portland.
                        Yeah just saw that. Somehow I'm aware of all the losses but not the win. Well, it ain't 2012.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Oh and MLS wants to add 3 more teams. God forbid we just take a breather for a years.

KDR

Comment

Didn't NASL 1.0 die from overexpansion?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                            X