Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Latest update to Windows 10. It has slowed my laptop to a crawl.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      They don't teach the joys of Linux at CCT, do they? I guess Clarkson still sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        They don't teach the joys of Linux at CCT, do they? I guess Clarkson still sucks.
        Linux was a misspelled Peanuts character back in the mid 70s. I did Fortran and BASIC with some Assembler thrown in.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Linux was a misspelled Peanuts character back in the mid 70s. I did Fortran and BASIC with some Assembler thrown in.
          PL/1 says hi. It's nice to meet somebody older than I.

You should play this. You would really enjoy it.
          Last edited by Kepler; 01-24-2018, 12:16 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            PL/1 says hi. It's nice to meet somebody older than I.

You should play this. You would really enjoy it.
            Wait - I remember that, too!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Got some help from a third shift person this morning. However, the help was short lived. She got upset that the tank she cleaned was dirty. She took her ball and went home, claiming we were picking on her. No, if a tank isn't clean, we send it back and fix it. Cross contamination is a legitimate threat where I work...
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I defy you to read this article and give me a reason to live.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I defy you to read this article and give me a reason to live.
                  I'm more worried about having to tell grown-arse people to not eat laundry detergent.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Was it the intel fix?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So.. remember this thing?

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      This is a HUGE gear grinder. We used to get health insurance discounts with biometric screening - if you met certain numbers, you got the discount (not perfect - but, whatever).

Now they've instituted a new program. You have to register online, and then track your activities/moods/every ****ing thing, and put it all on some website, every single day. When you do this, you are rewarded with points that convert to discounts on your health insurance. You can take challenges with your team! Share your activities! It's fun!
                      I found out last week you get ZERO credit for any workouts, steps or activities, unless you have a digital activity tracker, like a Fitbit.

So even if I do every single thing on their list (and believe me, not one person on the planet is going to do THAT), I STILL wouldn't get the premium discount, because I don't own a digital device.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Was it the intel fix?
                        Dunno. I was sitting in front of the PC and it started updating on its own. BOOM! DC Metro at rush hour.

What was the Intel fix?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I've never had a problem with Win10, but plenty of other people complain about it. Weird.

Every OS Sucks - still relevant.
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-25-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Dunno. I was sitting in front of the PC and it started updating on its own. BOOM! DC Metro at rush hour.

What was the Intel fix?
                            Google intel patch On google news
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Google intel patch On google news
                              Thanks
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                                So.. remember this thing?

I found out last week you get ZERO credit for any workouts, steps or activities, unless you have a digital activity tracker, like a Fitbit.

So even if I do every single thing on their list (and believe me, not one person on the planet is going to do THAT), I STILL wouldn't get the premium discount, because I don't own a digital device.
                                Exhibit A They don't really want to motivate you. They want to say they do and then put up multiple barriers for you to achieve that have nothing to do with a goal. I hate insurance companies.

Comment

Working...
                                X