Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I had an accident like that once. The parked car I was shoved into and the other drive conspired at Court and made it into my fault even though I clearly had the right away. I never forgot that or what happened.
    Clearly you forgot the incident. That's why you're posting about it now.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

People who schedule an application migration/install for Friday at 8:00PM to 11:00PM.

No, I don't have any plans in the month of December with regards to parties, why do you ask?
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        People who schedule an application migration/install for Friday at 8:00PM to 11:00PM.

No, I don't have any plans in the month of December with regards to parties, why do you ask?
        "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred."

By definition, upgrades / installs / checks / build outs / demos occur when people are not at work -- i.e., when you don't want to be at work either.

That's why they pay you the big bucks.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred."

By definition, upgrades / installs / checks / build outs / demos occur when people are not at work -- i.e., when you don't want to be at work either.

That's why they pay you the big bucks.
          They also generally take place between Sunday nights and Thursday nights, when people aren't losing their weekends. My manager was pi__ed about it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Drivers Ed book came up in another thread.

Four way intersection of two 2-lane roads. Me in my right turn lane, oncoming traffic in their left turn lane. I am so sick of them turning into my right turn right lane.
            Kep, too deep. WAY too deep. That's like "rules of the road" and such. Too much bother.

My beef? People who "swing left to turn right" (or vice versa)*: Car in front of me goes into left turn lane (to go east); I'm continuing on straight (south); they literally swung back right, into my lane, to make their left. And to Kep's point, yes, they took the right of the two east bound lanes they turned onto.

*If you're driving a double trailer tractor trailer rig sure; but, you don't need to swing out to make that corner in your Hyundai.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Punctuation matters people!

I just saw a headline that read, “Missing Ramsey, Minnesota man may be seek shelter in a barn.”

Ugh.
              Some light reading for you.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

You haven't seen bad driving until you drive in the Philippines. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Utah. Those f-ckers are sure they're going to get their planet.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Two words.

North. Carolina.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Colorado.

50 in the left lane, rolling roadblocks around trucks, dropping to a crawl to rubberneck at a broken down car on the shoulder, interpreting red lights to mean "3 or 4 more cars, quick!", this state has it all.

When your light turns green here, count two Mississippis before you give it gas. Even money someone's going to come flying through the intersection.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

No. I've driven or ridden in all 3 of those states.

I bet less than 5% of drivers here have taken even 1 minute of drivers education. Drivers will straddle two lanes as if their life depended upon it. Right turn lane from the left lane? Failure to stop? Yielding is optional. No one drives the speed limit - 75% drive way under while 25% drive way over. Jeepneys, semis, buses and vans are all driven like sports cars. The guys on trykes (cycles with a side car) and scooters assume they have the right away over any car just because. Two lanes become 3 or sometimes 4 at every intersection. Working headlights, break lights and running lights are optional. Drifting from one lane to the next on a curve is nearly mandatory. I s**t you not this is just the tip of the iceburg.

Comment

No. I've driven or ridden in all 3 of those states.

I bet less than 5% of drivers here have taken even 1 minute of drivers education. Drivers will straddle two lanes as if their life depended upon it. Right turn lane from the left lane? Failure to stop? Yielding is optional. No one drives the speed limit - 75% drive way under while 25% drive way over. Jeepneys, semis, buses and vans are all driven like sports cars. The guys on trykes (cycles with a side car) and scooters assume they have the right away over any car just because. Two lanes become 3 or sometimes 4 at every intersection. Working headlights, break lights and running lights are optional. Drifting from one lane to the next on a curve is nearly mandatory. I s**t you not this is just the tip of the iceburg.
                          Sounds like Georgetown Guyana when I visited many years ago and the inner city Istanbul (but not the old city) more recently. Rules don't really exist, though I suppose every environment has its unwritten rules. I sure as hill couldn't see them. It would be interesting to hear what the hire car/taxi drivers in the Philippines have to say about those unwritten rules.
                          Last edited by burd; 11-28-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Egypt was no picnic...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The fact that people knowingly and willfully violate Lock Out/Tag Out at my plant. Our bonus depends on how many "recordable" injuries we get in the fiscal year, and we're already at 4 out of 16.

That being said, if you want to nominate yourself for a Darwin Award...
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Naples, Italy. Over there in '72 with the Navy and they all think they're Mario Andretti.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X