Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Laxative or stool softener- people mix those up. the second one is not toxic, it is a surfactant

Comment

It's starting to get real irritating this trip, the marginalization I'm feeling. I'm being completely ignored and assigned no work at all. It's hard to not take it personal after a while.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I'm being completely ignored and assigned no work at all. It's hard to not take it personal after a while.
        Hate it when that happens. Filling out a timecard with "Unassigned Time" is maddening, especially when you're a chargeable resource with percentage targets to hit.

Comment

That's the thing. On this project I'm 100% chargeable since we're traveling for a project. So time and billing are completely irrelevant.

The boss just turns to the other person on the trip every time. She doesn't ask my opinion. She doesn't even address me. Zero tasks. Nothing. I've been nothing but positive, dutiful, and helped where I could this trip.

We're learning a new system and she'll ask, "Is there any way to do this?" The experts who have gone through this all say, "No, not that we know of." And five minutes later I have a solution in a system I've never used before this week. Nothing. No acknowledgement, no "Hey, can you help us figure xyz out", nothing.

I honestly don't know why I'm even on this trip if this is the kind of usage they're going to get out of me. Talk about a waste of $6,000+.

I'm really getting tired of this new role I'm in. It's supposed to be a leadership role yet I'm being given no opportunities and the tasks I have been given are menial at best. I've taken the initiative a number of times but it's quickly shut down only to have my work duplicated a few weeks later. It's really starting to **** me off. I take initiative, someone else gets credit.

I'm going to pull my boss aside at some point here and ask her why she hired me if I'm going to be asked to do nothing. She already knows I'm not happy. So she asks me why I'm being so quiet in the middle of dinner with everyone at the table. What the hell kind of leadership is that?

I'm loving my extra time on the trip, all of the interactions I've had with my German colleagues, and all of the learning I've done so far. But goddam, throw me a bone here.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That's the thing. On this project I'm 100% chargeable since we're traveling for a project. So time and billing are completely irrelevant.

The boss just turns to the other person on the trip every time. She doesn't ask my opinion. She doesn't even address me. Zero tasks. Nothing. I've been nothing but positive, dutiful, and helped where I could this trip.

We're learning a new system and she'll ask, "Is there any way to do this?" The experts who have gone through this all say, "No, not that we know of." And five minutes later I have a solution in a system I've never used before this week. Nothing. No acknowledgement, no "Hey, can you help us figure xyz out", nothing.

I honestly don't know why I'm even on this trip if this is the kind of usage they're going to get out of me. Talk about a waste of $6,000+.

I'm really getting tired of this new role I'm in. It's supposed to be a leadership role yet I'm being given no opportunities and the tasks I have been given are menial at best. I've taken the initiative a number of times but it's quickly shut down only to have my work duplicated a few weeks later. It's really starting to **** me off. I take initiative, someone else gets credit.

I'm going to pull my boss aside at some point here and ask her why she hired me if I'm going to be asked to do nothing. She already knows I'm not happy. So she asks me why I'm being so quiet in the middle of dinner with everyone at the table. What the hell kind of leadership is that?

I'm loving my extra time on the trip, all of the interactions I've had with my German colleagues, and all of the learning I've done so far. But goddam, throw me a bone here.
            Sounds like she is intimidated to me. Or that she has people she knows well and can predict response so goes to them? Asking at a table full of people? Correct response? "Why would you ask me that?"

Comment

I almost got up at dinner and walked out tonight. For the last week the I've been politely *****ing about things like reduced domestic travel, possible rollback of some real outer fringe benefits like coffee in the meetings, and other **** like that. Things that actually aren't that expensive and go a long way for their cost.

Then she has the gall to say she hopes she finally gets her game room for engineering this year.
              I said, "excuse me? Game room? Why do we need a game room?"
              "Well, it's not really a game room but more of like that imagination room on the other floor. The room with the board games and stuff."

Are you kidding me? **** that. We don't get **** for raises, we are always missing our budget in my division for total spend, and you want to take away a conference room so you can put in a goddam play room for a bunch of useless millenials so they can slack off during the day moreso than usual? .
              Code:

Comment

I almost got up at dinner and walked out tonight. For the last week the I've been politely *****ing about things like reduced domestic travel, possible rollback of some real outer fringe benefits like coffee in the meetings, and other **** like that. Things that actually aren't that expensive and go a long way for their cost.

Then she has the gall to say she hopes she finally gets her game room for engineering this year.
                I said, "excuse me? Game room? Why do we need a game room?"
                "Well, it's not really a game room but more of like that imagination room on the other floor. The room with the board games and stuff."

Are you kidding me? **** that. We don't get **** for raises, we are always missing our budget in my division for total spend, and you want to take away a conference room so you can put in a goddam play room for a bunch of useless millenials so they can slack off during the day moreso than usual? .
                We had one of those at my last job, and yes it was a gathering place for everyone whose job should've been eliminated.

Comment

The fact that I view cleaning my own place as a necessary evil, but I will help friends and charities clean up their homes, parks, etc without fail.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    The fact that I view cleaning my own place as a necessary evil, but I will help friends and charities clean up their homes, parks, etc without fail.
                    You don't have personal attachment to their stuff

Comment

Turn the **** speakerphone off when you walk into the building!!! The rest of us don't need to hear some booger-eater's rants from two offices away!

AND NOW WE WALK BACK IN THE BUILDING AGAIN!! W T F?!?!
                      Last edited by Hammer; 08-15-2017, 09:21 AM.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Turn the **** speakerphone off when you walk into the building!!! The rest of us don't need to hear some booger-eater's rants from two offices away!

AND NOW WE WALK BACK IN THE BUILDUNG AGAIN!! W T F?!?!
                        But these guys are Very Important People! No, really.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

AND NOW WE WALK BACK IN THE BUILDUNG AGAIN!! W T F?!?!
                          I do not understand how people can be so effing inconsiderate. This seems to be a more widespread problem than it was before, or maybe it's my imagination.

Comment

It's not a figment of your imagination.

Hey. Talk on your cell all you like. Jabber away until Christmas for all I care. No problem. But we don't need a broadcast of both ends of the conversation all over the house. Especially when the other end sounds like part of a Men's Warehouse commercial, where the supposed "satisfied customer" is so happy he talks to an answering machine for 20 minutes.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

It's not a figment of your imagination.

Hey. Talk on your cell all you like. Jabber away until Christmas for all I care. No problem. But we don't need a broadcast of both ends of the conversation all over the house. Especially when the other end sounds like part of a Men's Warehouse commercial, where the supposed "satisfied customer" is so happy he talks to an answering machine for 20 minutes.
                              Even the onsesided part. I hate being int he store and having someone talk at the top of their lungs about personal stuff, dissecting people's lives, telling personal business. Was at tKohls the other day and some lady was blocking the aisle while she had a party of one. I finally blew by her and told lil les rather loudly, as I went by, that I really didn't need to know her business so we would leave and come back to this section when she was done having her conversation. Got a dirty look but sheesh. I dn't need to know who is sleeping with who, what they wore, what they did to get in bed, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Even the onsesided part. I hate being int he store and having someone talk at the top of their lungs about personal stuff, dissecting people's lives, telling personal business. Was at tKohls the other day and some lady was blocking the aisle while she had a party of one. I finally blew by her and told lil les rather loudly, as I went by, that I really didn't need to know her business so we would leave and come back to this section when she was done having her conversation. Got a dirty look but sheesh. I dn't need to know who is sleeping with who, what they wore, what they did to get in bed, etc.
                                For every woman I hear doing this with her inane personal stuff I hear nine suits doing it about their inane marketing / finance business. It may be an Acela Corridor thing, but the worst offenders are always (1) men, (2) 30s to mid 40s, (3) wearing the International Uniform of the Entitled F-ck. I grew up with these people. They're pond scum.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X