Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 10: The Tommy Bridges edition

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    If they move JV, then a 4-26 finish to leave us at 62-100 is definitely in play.
    And for the next half dozen years. At least the Phillies got a title before the bottom dropped out.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      And for the next half dozen years. At least the Phillies got a title before the bottom dropped out.
      Real quick: if JV gets dealt tonight, who is our #2 starter next spring? Yeah....
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Real quick: if JV gets dealt tonight, who is our #2 starter next spring? Yeah....
        Zimmermann, who goes 6-19
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Two pennants for the Tigers isn't shabby.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Two pennants for the Tigers isn't shabby.
            When your patriarch owner owned the team for 25 years, and was 87 and dying of colon cancer, that wasn't the goal.

THIS is why winning that **** championship was so important. If Mr. I would have got his championship, I would have been quite content with what is about to take place. Historically we only get a shot at a championship about once per generation. We got one in the 30's, the 40's (due to WWII), the 60's and the 80's, and we got a look at a couple titles over this past run.

But we didn't cash one in, and now the run is over. And it's going to be a while before we get another look.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Verlander to the Astros.......vetoed by Verlander at the last minute.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Who were Franklin Perez, Daz Cameron and maybe Jake Rodgers?

Curious as to how badly ****ed up Avila was going for.

Comment

Perez was their #3 prospect, Cameron was #9, and Jake Rodgers was #11. At one point Perez was #46 on the top 100 overall in MLB. Rodgers was regarded as a very good defensive catcher.

I haven't done anymore digging at this point.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 08-31-2017, 11:07 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Verlander might be going to the Astros yet.

I'm not sure where we're at here.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Who were Franklin Perez, Daz Cameron and maybe Jake Rodgers?

Curious as to how badly ****ed up Avila was going for.
                      Apparently this is the deal, per Anthony Fenech at the Freep.

God, that was fun...

Comment

...takes Tigers fandom, places on shelf next to Pistons fandom I haven't really used since 2008

Comment

I'm calling 66-96 for this year. And unless they do something major with both this rotation and the bullpen, I'm going with 52-110 for next year.

God, that was fun...

Comment

If they don't do anything, they may as well try to "beat" 43 wins.

Comment

So let's look at what we have for 2018:

C: McCann
                              1B: Miggy
                              2B: ???? Kinsler will be 36 and there is an option/buyout on him
                              SS: ???? Iggy is up for arbitration. Somewhere Dixon Machado is probably ready now.
                              3B: ???? Castellanos or Candelario?
                              LF: ????
                              CF: Mahtook, probably.
                              RF: ????

At least two of JaCoby Jones, Mike Gerber & Christian Stewart are going to be forced into play in 2018. My bet is that one of them is serviceable, and one of them hits about .168. So we're an outfielder short. Don't bring me Jim Adduci or Alex Presley. We've seen enough #5 outfielders for a while.

Rotation:

Fulmer
                              Zimmerman
                              Uh......
                              Uh......
                              Ugh....

That's what we're looking at going ahead, fellas.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                ...takes Tigers fandom, places on shelf next to Pistons fandom I haven't really used since 2008
                                Schadenfreude is all I have left as a Detroit sports fan.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X