• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 10: The Tommy Bridges edition

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Per CBS.

Here are the suspensions:

Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera gets seven games, as MLB cites that he is guilty of "inciting" the first fight.

Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez gets four games for throwing punches.

Tigers pitcher Alex Wilson gets four games for intentionally throwing at Todd Frazier.

Yankees catcher Austin Romine gets two games for throwing punches back at Cabrera.

Tigers manager Brad Ausmus gets one game for Wilson's pitch.

Additionally, the following team members were fined: Yankees manager Joe Girardi, Yankees bench coach Rob Thomson, Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner, Yankees pitcher Tommy Kahnle and Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias.

Also, Yankees first baseman Garrett Cooper and outfielder Clint Frazier were fined for entering the field despite being on the disabled list.
    The yankees being in nyc get kid gloves treatment by everyone including the umpires, and especially at home. I thought Betances was terrible not getting any penalty at all, but joe girardi complaining like that, MLB is in this for the money and money comes out of nyc.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

BUCK FUTTER!!!! is pitching for the Tigers tomorrow. I hope they called up another pitcher to come in during the 4th inning to mop up.

Maybe it should be Jimenez. He didn't get much work, as he lost the game in the 9th on 4 pitches.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        The yankees being in nyc get kid gloves treatment by everyone including the umpires, and especially at home. I thought Betances was terrible not getting any penalty at all, but joe girardi complaining like that, MLB is in this for the money and money comes out of nyc.
        On Betances' ejection, I thought it was ridiculous that the umpires had to meet after the beaning in the first place. What the hell was there to meet about? Warnings had been issued, we'd already had one bench-clearing fiasco, and now he clocks our catcher with a 98 MPH heater to the helmet?

God, that was fun...

Comment

VMart to the DL with an irregular heartbeat again. Wonder if this is the end of the road.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• So last night, someone hit the ump in the nuts with a pitch.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Verlander has his first career RBI, and the Tigers hold a 2-0 lead in the 4th.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                So last night, someone hit the ump in the nuts with a pitch.
                Knew I shoulda gone to Coors.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  So last night, someone hit the ump in the nuts with a pitch.
                  Was it called a ball?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Justin Upton to the Angels for a AA pitcher and cash.

100 losses, here we come.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Justin Upton to the Angels for a AA pitcher and cash.

100 losses, here we come.
                      Only need 5 wins to break 100.

Avila sure likes trading with the few teams with worse farm systems
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Only need 5 wins to break 100.

Avila sure likes trading with the few teams with worse farm systems
                        We might not get there. Especially if we move JV before midnight.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          We might not get there. Especially if we move JV before midnight.
                          Come sit next to me.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Come sit next to me.
                            No, we're going to be at the back of the line for a while now.

If Verlander goes, instead of "Spahn and Sain, then pray for rain", we're gonna get "Fulmer and the four game losing streak".
                            Last edited by Hammer; 08-31-2017, 02:09 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

They're pretty close to dropping below the luxury tax now. That's why Verlander, Greene and Wilson are on the market.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                They're pretty close to dropping below the luxury tax now. That's why Verlander, Greene and Wilson are on the market.
                                If they move JV, then a 4-26 finish to leave us at 62-100 is definitely in play.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X