Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    It is so odd listening to people talk about how tough it is to be a cop in the US...cops in Latin America have it 100 times worse and they find a way to still do the job. Do you think they would get all uppity because some Futbol player didnt stand and salute the flag before a Friendly?
    Small footnote: many are paid off and corrupt, and many of the ones that are not corrupt end up dead.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

More on the Michael Bennett affair. There is video.

http://www.thewildcard.com/las-vegas...ign=manualpost
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        So brave of them to tackle her and use all 4 of them to subdue her. Quite the threat she was...better hope the Broncos all stand for the anthem or we might offend these truly brave protectors.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          I will say I find the cops protesting protests are idiots, but I also find kneeling during the anthem utterly meaningless. Whatever problems we have has nothing to do with the Stars and Stripes nor the country itself. Rather there are *******s among us. I'd rather see an NFLer march with BLM than take a knee.
          If they march with BLM they will get branded terrorists. Millions of people watch games every day and this silent protest has got everyone talking. Plus it puts no one at risk lord knows what might happen at a BLM protest if it is in the wrong neighborhood.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Small footnote: many are paid off and corrupt, and many of the ones that are not corrupt end up dead.
            It doesnt matter...they dont whine like 2 year olds about how tough it is. Cops in America are spoiled brats with big guns and huge egos that are undertrained and trigger happy and have somehow convinced the population they have the toughest and scariest job in the world. The facts dont bare that out.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Is the implication that there aren't many corrupt cops in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                Is the implication that there aren't many corrupt cops in the US?
                I can't imagine at the level of police force that deal with all the cartels...
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

How many cops are killed by the cartels in one year? How many cops have been killed in the last DECADE in the US?

Hell at least everyone knows the cops in LA are corrupt...here people pretend they are above such things. It ranks up their with the belief that all veterans are good people and to say otherwise is disrespectful.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    If they march with BLM they will get branded terrorists. Millions of people watch games every day and this silent protest has got everyone talking. Plus it puts no one at risk lord knows what might happen at a BLM protest if it is in the wrong neighborhood.
                    That last part I hadn't even considered, given what just happened with Bennett it's probably not advisable to suggest they go to a BLM rally. Especially now as states are writing up laws OKing cars hitting protesters.

Comment

So the police union asks the NFL to investigate Bennett, NFL tells them to FOAD. Good on the NFL.

Comment

So the police union asks the NFL to investigate Bennett....
                        What the eff for? Talk about puling a Tchump.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          What the eff for? Talk about puling a Tchump.
                          It was about Bennett's false allegations, damaging the rep of officers, etc etc. They basically are trying to flip the blame to Bennett.

Comment

• So the police will be joining the Browns for the anthem after all.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

St Louis cop acquitted. Peaceful protest, everything is fine. Both sides (cops and civilians).

Apparently, some protesters decide to break the windows of a house (reportedly the mayor's), and cops respond to try and contain/disperse the crowd with nothing more than a big line of cops. MANY reports of cops being assaulted with water bottles, insults, etc. Cops still haven't done anything to respond, other than the line.

Yeah, this is not cool. Sadly, it was expected. I commend the peaceful protesters. I despise the outlandish ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                St Louis cop acquitted. Peaceful protest, everything is fine. Both sides (cops and civilians).

Apparently, some protesters decide to break the windows of a house (reportedly the mayor's), and cops respond to try and contain/disperse the crowd with nothing more than a big line of cops. MANY reports of cops being assaulted with water bottles, insults, etc. Cops still haven't done anything to respond, other than the line.

Yeah, this is not cool. Sadly, it was expected. I commend the peaceful protesters. I despise the outlandish ones.
                                is all I can say Brent.

There was an injustice in St. Louis today. After hearing how St. Louis Police Officer Jason Stockley said he was going to kill Anthony Lamar Smith, chased him down and shot him at point-blank range even though Smith was not holding a weapon, Circuit Judge Timothy Wilson pronounced Stockley not guilty and slandered Smith in the process, reasoning that Smith was a dope boy and saying that an “urban heroin dealer not in possession of a firearm would be an anomaly.”
                                What did you think was gonna happen?
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X