Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    But your dismissal lacks context and understanding man. Yes it's bull**** for anyone to demand evidence and then refuse it in hindsight, but one we don't know that she's demanded s**t, and even if she has her paradigm is couched in a world in which the police at an alarming rate does not work in her best interests.

If I said, "I'd like to think I'd give anyone a second chance" only to find out my brother murdered my sister would my perspective be a bit clouded on the matter? I keep asking you to, "walk a mile" yet you keep avoiding that very real component of the discussion.
    I've never denied bad police. I have been good friends with people who have been harassed by police. I GET IT. That being said, many victims' families are out for vengeance, and some around here seem to also confuse that with justice. In many cases, the COP WAS RIGHT IN HIS ACTIONS. But that's not good enough.

Here's evidence that you asked for. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Here's proof he was a criminal and took initial action. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

That's not justice.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I've never denied bad police. I have been good friends with people who have been harassed by police. I GET IT. That being said, many victims' families are out for vengeance, and some around here seem to also confuse that with justice. In many cases, the COP WAS RIGHT IN HIS ACTIONS. But that's not good enough.
      If and when there's verifiable video evidence a cop acted correctly despite the initial public media trial and execution I guarantee most here would concede as elsewhere. But regardless and something you're still not understanding is that for this woman in this moment none of it matters because she doesn't have any reason to believe this situation will get a fair shake because far too often it doesn't happen.

You've got to stop saying, "I get her but....". Just shut up (with all due respect), listen and try to understand. When her world stops being shrouded and clouded by injustice then and only then can you demand her to logically wait for it all to play out even if I agree with you 100% it would be the best course of action. Please man.

Comment

If and when there's verifiable video evidence a cop acted correctly despite the initial public media trial and execution I guarantee most here would concede as elsewhere. But regardless and something you're still not understanding is that for this woman in this moment none of it matters because she doesn't have any reason to believe this situation will get a fair shake because far too often it doesn't happen.

You've got to stop saying, "I get her but....". Just shut up (with all due respect), listen and try to understand. When her world stops being shrouded and clouded by injustice then and only then can you demand her to logically wait for it all to play out even if I agree with you 100% it would be the best course of action. Please man.
        She said this after the videos were released.

The Diamond case, and that Australian woman? Cop guilty. Saw all the facts, and although one got off on a technicality, he was guilty in action.

This last one with the 911 calls about shooting? Cop not guilty, from all evidence revealed right now.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

What about all the instances where the evidence shows a cop committing murder, yet they aren't found guilty? Think that might play in to her not needing to see the evidence? If the evidence actually lead to a different outcome maybe seeing it would matter more, but it doesn't. The evidence has almost always proven to not matter at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            What about all the instances where the evidence shows a cop committing murder, yet they aren't found guilty? Think that might play in to her not needing to see the evidence? If the evidence actually lead to a different outcome maybe seeing it would matter more, but it doesn't. The evidence has almost always proven to not matter at all.
            And in the past, the evidence was most likely influenced (to put it politely). Now, with body cams, phone videos, etc...not as likely at all. Nowadays, if a cop pulls someone over, or interacts with a person, they have a sh*load of people making videos of them.

Again, to ask for the evidence, and then say it needn't be watched, is pure bullsh*.

Comment

And in the past, the evidence was most likely influenced (to put it politely). Now, with body cams, phone videos, etc...not as likely at all. Nowadays, if a cop pulls someone over, or interacts with a person, they have a sh*load of people making videos of them.

Again, to ask for the evidence, and then say it needn't be watched, is pure bullsh*.
              And for the evidence to be watched, clearly show a cop murdering someone, and still not make a difference is also pure bull5hit. When it happens repeatedly, it probably makes you think, F it, won't make a difference anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                And for the evidence to be watched, clearly show a cop murdering someone, and still not make a difference is also pure bull5hit. When it happens repeatedly, it probably makes you think, F it, won't make a difference anyhow.
                I guess sitting in the back of the bus won't make a difference anyhow.

That is what you sound like.

Comment

Brent, there was the one case where the cops were calling out a kid from his hotel room and he flinched while lying on his god**** stomach while his stressed and weakened arms were trying to support his body while being screamed at to, COMPLY and what not and shot to **** and the video without question said the cops were wrong.

She said this after the videos were released.
                  Why do you continue this retort without acknowledging the real world in which she lives? I've already said it would be better for her to let the evidence speak, but to dismiss her pain, anger, distrust and denial despite the history and environment in which she (or anyone else in her shoes) lived her life compounds the problem and YOU (figuratively) are responsible.

Comment

She also dismisses the real world of police, because she won't watch video evidence that was released. She believes in the truth she views. Nothing else. Won't accept anything else. That is just as bad as falsifying truths and prejudice. Why can't you admit that? (Respectfully, and you know I mean that).

Don't judge a majority on the actions of a minority. This goes ALL ways. ALL ways. I have never wavered from that, nor will I waver from that.

Comment

I have freaking said at least (estimated) 4 EFFING TIMES including now that she is wrong to dismiss the video without watching it while you have continued to refuse to acknowledge there's a DEEP DEEP DEEP history of events that have made her opinion rightfully jaded. Don't call me out for not doing something that I HAVE while you have not man.

Comment

I have freaking said at least (estimated) 4 EFFING TIMES including now that she is wrong to dismiss the video without watching it while you have continued to refuse to acknowledge there's a DEEP DEEP DEEP history of events that have made her opinion rightfully jaded. Don't call me out for not doing something that I HAVE while you have not man.
                        I have said that I understand the past injustices. I have known people that have gone through it. But that's not what you want to hear, I guess. *shrug* I give up.

Comment

I have said that I understand the past injustices. I have known people that have gone through it. But that's not what you want to hear, I guess. *shrug* I give up.

I've not heard it in this very discussion, Brent. I've not heard you acknowledge her jaded perspective has context - all I've heard is she's wrong, wrong wrong. And no buddy it's absolutely what I want hear my man. I'm not your enemy.

Comment

I've not heard it in this very discussion, Brent. I've not heard you acknowledge her jaded perspective has context - all I've heard is she's wrong, wrong wrong. And no buddy it's absolutely what I want hear my man. I'm not your enemy.
                            We cool. And in THIS particular instance, she has done nothing to convince me she's given the situation a fair chance. That is what bothers me. Yes, I feel for her, yes, it sucks she's lost someone, yes, there is bias amongst cops...

However, she is not even considering the possibility of "hey, the cops were right." That is what bothers me.

Comment

It bothers me too but I feel her pain and I understand why she personally hasn't yet given the whole thing a fair shake. That's what I'm saying. Right or wrong there's context to her choosing "wrong". When many of us begin to recognize that, and begin to use it in how we approach strangers whether we be in the grocery line at the store or a cop responding to a call - having empathy for fellow HUMAN beings and for fellow AMERICANS carries weight, meaning and power.

Comment

It bothers me too but I feel her pain and I understand why she personally hasn't yet given the whole thing a fair shake. That's what I'm saying. Right or wrong there's context to her choosing "wrong". When many of us begin to recognize that, and begin to use it in how we approach strangers whether we be in the grocery line at the store or a cop responding to a call - having empathy for fellow HUMAN beings and for fellow AMERICANS carries weight, meaning and power.
                                The recent LeSean McCoy incident...I was FRY HIM.....wait a minute...okay, depending on evidence, maybe only slightly fry him. She's sticking to her guns. The infamous Duke case, or the Rolling Stone Frat Rape story....we've turned from innocent until proven guilty into the opposite. The public is the jury now, and I don't like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X