NESCAC 2017 to 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

shots were 37-20 Norwich...I watched some of it and they controlled play throughout....it was one of those games that you knew who was going to win...a little bit of a yawner ! The link to the recap is below.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2018/01/...tt-vs-norwich/

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      shots were 37-20 Norwich...I watched some of it and they controlled play throughout....it was one of those games that you knew who was going to win...a little bit of a yawner ! The link to the recap is below.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2018/01/...tt-vs-norwich/
      Here are the recaps on each team's website....slightly different perspectives:

Norwich:http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...20180117usuv5v
      Endicott: http://www.ecgulls.com/sports/wice/2...20180117uy951v

Comment

Endicott worked HARD for 60 minutes. I was impressed with the work ethic and skating ability of their top two lines especially, which it looked like they relied on a lot in the final period with shortening the bench to mainly those two lines. Coach McPhee built Trinity into a national contender and I think he's on the right track with Endicott as well.

Ellen Carter was the biggest standout for me. In my opinion, she should be in the All-American discussion. She's as impressive as any defenseman I've seen in Division III this year.

Anyone who dismisses this team as an also-ran and thinks it's going to be an easy game is misguided. Is Endicott in the discussion amongst the "Big Six" right now? Probably not, but it's a third-year program that is still gaining traction. The program was just featured on NESN for 30 minutes with the New England Hockey Journal so that's only going to help recruiting.

Having seen both Conn. College and Endicott this year, I would think the two teams are relatively comparable. Conn. College might have a few more playmakers and scorers up front, but I think that would be a pretty good game.

I see Endicott making in roads and potentially becoming part of the D-III women's hockey elite in the next 3-4 years.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Endicott worked HARD for 60 minutes. I was impressed with the work ethic and skating ability of their top two lines especially, which it looked like they relied on a lot in the final period with shortening the bench to mainly those two lines. Coach McPhee built Trinity into a national contender and I think he's on the right track with Endicott as well.

Ellen Carter was the biggest standout for me. In my opinion, she should be in the All-American discussion. She's as impressive as any defenseman I've seen in Division III this year.

Anyone who dismisses this team as an also-ran and thinks it's going to be an easy game is misguided. Is Endicott in the discussion amongst the "Big Six" right now? Probably not, but it's a third-year program that is still gaining traction. The program was just featured on NESN for 30 minutes with the New England Hockey Journal so that's only going to help recruiting.

Having seen both Conn. College and Endicott this year, I would think the two teams are relatively comparable. Conn. College might have a few more playmakers and scorers up front, but I think that would be a pretty good game.

I see Endicott making in roads and potentially becoming part of the D-III women's hockey elite in the next 3-4 years.
          Now that's what I call a thorough and thoughtful report. Well done and thanks for taking the time to write it.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            Now that's what I call a thorough and thoughtful report. Well done and thanks for taking the time to write it.
            Agreed!
            Saw Conn College play Castleton earlier this week and it was a good loss for Castleton (3-2). Conn College was the better team but not by much, Castleton also played hard. When Castleton played Norwich and Plattsburgh earlier this year the gap was substantial.

I think PrezdeJohnson09 is spot on: the gap between the ‘big six’ and the rest is still pretty wide.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
              Agreed!
              Saw Conn College play Castleton earlier this week and it was a good loss for Castleton (3-2). Conn College was the better team but not by much, Castleton also played hard. When Castleton played Norwich and Plattsburgh earlier this year the gap was substantial.

I think PrezdeJohnson09 is spot on: the gap between the ‘big six’ and the rest is still pretty wide.
              Is the more accurate word gap or chasm?!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

it's really not hard to make 'inroads' in women's d3...Academically, you have Nescac and then a wasteland of really unimpressive schools [sorry Platty, Norwich, etc.]...so if you are a passable academic institution [i.e. Hobart Willy Smith..or i suppose Endicott?] then girls will come and play at a place like that when they can't get into a nescac and don't want to settle for a Buff State or Platty for academic...so imo not surprising at all

Comment

and for the record, your eyesight is probably off if you think Conn and Endicott are even....Conn split with Midd....and Midd wiped the ice with Endicott 5-0....so logic would say that Conn vs Endicott would be similar to Midd/Endicott result...[other than u having seen a game....I'll go with the stats]

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                    and for the record, your eyesight is probably off if you think Conn and Endicott are even....Conn split with Midd....and Midd wiped the ice with Endicott 5-0....so logic would say that Conn vs Endicott would be similar to Midd/Endicott result...[other than u having seen a game....I'll go with the stats]
                    Norwich beat Conn. College 4-2 and Endicott 4-1. Very similar games.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

I'd guess that Conn-- Endicott will be a closer game than either Norwich/Endicott or Middlebury/Endicott.

Comment

Originally posted by puxrex View Post
                        I'd guess that Conn-- Endicott will be a closer game than either Norwich/Endicott or Middlebury/Endicott.
                        Looking at this weekend's Conn-Williams results, I'd have to agree. Close win and a tie for Conn - although I think Williams may be better than they are being given credit for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                          Looking at this weekend's Conn-Williams results, I'd have to agree. Close win and a tie for Conn - although I think Williams may be better than they are being given credit for this season.
                          Williams is actually a good to very good team....but have no goaltending which is why they can't win. Honestly that team hasn't had a half decent goalie in 6+ years now...Ditto for Bowdoin...Clearly a coaching/recruiting problem at both schools....It's really not too hard to fine ONE decent goalie once every four years, now is it?

Comment

Williams is actually a good to very good team....but have no goaltending which is why they can't win. Honestly that team hasn't had a half decent goalie in 6+ years now...Ditto for Bowdoin...Clearly a coaching/recruiting problem at both schools....It's really not too hard to fine ONE decent goalie once every four years, now is it?
                            They probably shouldn't fine their goalies until they find better goalies than they currently have.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              They probably shouldn't fine their goalies until they find better goalies than they currently have.
                              IDK, a fine might be just the ticket.

Comment

IDK, a fine might be just the ticket.
                                Lol, Maybe! Nah, cause then they'll whine to administration about it and complain the coach is playing head games with them and how unfair that is and so on. College hockey players aren't nearly as mentally tough as they need to be these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X