Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    This was posted by UMICH 10 days ago. What a change of fortune in such a short time.
    I guess the moral is keep the faith! When you guys do, you're your teams biggest asset.
    What a change of fortune? Huh? We scored ONE goal yesterday. Thankfully that's all we needed.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      What a change of fortune? Huh? We scored ONE goal yesterday. Thankfully that's all we needed.
      A win is a win right? Michigan's legendary softball coach, Hutch, stressed if you keep the other team from scoring you only need 1 to win and I guess that philosophy can apply to other sports as well.
      But yeah, it IS a lot more fun when you can run it up on your opponent.

Comment

5 goals against the toughest D in the B1G isn't bad for a weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
          Michigan unveiled a throwback script uniform last year that wound up being the regular maize alternate. I believe replicas are still for sale at the M-Den; I could be wrong, but I don't think it has been worn this season.

Given the throwback's popularity I wouldn't be surprised to see a new version of a script jersey again, a move I would favor. Now, if only they could bring back the dazzle fabric...

Great weekend, btw. The team has already done everything I could have hoped for this season; any berth into the tourney and/or progress in same is house money. The future is really, really bright.

/lurk
          Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I love my dazzle script Michigan jersey. So glad my friends tracked one down for me when we were in college (2001, so just after they went away from it). I know there are some that hate the dazzle maize, but I think they're mostly of other fanbases and jealous.

As for your last point, I'm happy with home ice. Finishing top half (or exact middle) of the conference is better than I thought we'd do this year. I still want the team to finish the year with a winning record. At 16-13-3, and at least 4 games left, that's not yet guaranteed. Once we accomplish that, then I agree, house money.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I love my dazzle script Michigan jersey. So glad my friends tracked one down for me when we were in college (2001, so just after they went away from it). I know there are some that hate the dazzle maize, but I think they're mostly of other fanbases and jealous.
            Not sarcastic in the least. I love the dazzle-fabric script jerseys and I acquired Tim Cook's actual jersey after the 2004 season precisely so I could have one myself. A brilliant look, IMO. The strange mid-season switch from matte to dazzle fabric in 2002-2003 (along with a couple of small but vital cosmetic changes) was one of the strangest un-discussed uniform adjustments I've ever seen, but the payoff was maize jerseys that were 100% awesome for a couple of years.

Last year's throwback was great, but it needed some shine. My opinion only.
            Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              It was a good game and a great atmosphere. I think that's the best atmosphere we've had in Yost in a couple of years. Loud, involved, and fun.

What others said. The 3rd jersey is maize with a block M these days.
              +2

Comment

Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
                is it me, or has it seemed like the team is now finally getting Mel's system? It seems as if it took a while for them to grasp what he wanted from them as a team. It also helps to have solid goaltending, which has not been the case for a while. Every once in a while Lavigne will throw in a clunker, but man, he has been really good as of late.

This team is not ultra talented, but they work hard, are now much more focused on D, and are relentless on the forecheck.
                sez it all

Comment

**** skippy

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
                    Not sarcastic in the least. I love the dazzle-fabric script jerseys and I acquired Tim Cook's actual jersey after the 2004 season precisely so I could have one myself. A brilliant look, IMO. The strange mid-season switch from matte to dazzle fabric in 2002-2003 (along with a couple of small but vital cosmetic changes) was one of the strangest un-discussed uniform adjustments I've ever seen, but the payoff was maize jerseys that were 100% awesome for a couple of years.

Last year's throwback was great, but it needed some shine. My opinion only.
                    Always good to hear from you Steve. God speed to you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      5 goals against the toughest D in the B1G isn't bad for a weekend.
                      Friday was impressive, especially at their place (ND is not an intimidating place to play but on the road anywhere with our scoring lapses it was impressive). However one measly goal on Sunday, in that atmosphere...
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I love how our team works, but I would like to see more offense out of the other lines. Next year will be a challenge at this rate with Calderone and Dancs gone, although Lockwood was injured for the 2nd half of the year and should pick up some of that slack with Marody.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          I love how our team works, but I would like to see more offense out of the other lines. Next year will be a challenge at this rate with Calderone and Dancs gone, although Lockwood was injured for the 2nd half of the year and should pick up some of that slack with Marody.
                          I've heard absolutely nothing about Marody but my unqualified opinion is that he might be a flight risk. I know that this means pretty much nothing but have you ever noticed that he seems somewhat distant from the rest of the team? For example during the National Anthem Cooper is next to the West boards 5 feet away from any other teammate. He never makes eye contact with anyone, he just rocks back and forth (left foot, right foot, repeat). Hockey players are weird, I know this. But are they really that eccentric? I AM NOT SAYING THAT COOPER WILL LEAVE THIS SUMMER, but it wouldn't shock me. He really isn't big enough to play in the NHL but he's not super-small like Hensick or Tambellini either but if there are team chemistry issues you never know. He is a lifelong Michigan fan though. The fact that he doesn't have a letter this year may annoy him especially when Slaker and Luce (both Sophomores) do. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Comment

I've heard absolutely nothing about Marody but my unqualified opinion is that he might be a flight risk. I know that this means pretty much nothing but have you ever noticed that he seems somewhat distant from the rest of the team? For example during the National Anthem Cooper is next to the West boards 5 feet away from any other teammate. He never makes eye contact with anyone, he just rocks back and forth (left foot, right foot, repeat). Hockey players are weird, I know this. But are they really that eccentric? I AM NOT SAYING THAT COOPER WILL LEAVE THIS SUMMER, but it wouldn't shock me. He really isn't big enough to play in the NHL but he's not super-small like Hensick or Tambellini either but if there are team chemistry issues you never know. He is a lifelong Michigan fan though. The fact that he doesn't have a letter this year may annoy him especially when Slaker and Luce (both Sophomores) do. Does anyone have any insight on this?
                            The one thing I have heard is that he is really shy. Or something that is similar to that. Not sure if that means a flight risk or not.

But given his past, I honestly don't see it. He could have left after his half season suspension due to academic issues that really were not his fault. But he didn't and really tried hard last year for a pretty poor team. To me, how he dealt with last season suggests that he will stick around until he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              The one thing I have heard is that he is really shy. Or something that is similar to that. Not sure if that means a flight risk or not.

But given his past, I honestly don't see it. He could have left after his half season suspension due to academic issues that really were not his fault. But he didn't and really tried hard last year for a pretty poor team. To me, how he dealt with last season suggests that he will stick around until he's done.
                              Academic issues to me means that he doesn't want to be there either. Not a Mike Brown kind of not wanting the be there but still. Of course this is just a theory, I have no idea. And I am not going to die for it, just throwing it out there. Your reasoning sounds plausible as well.

Comment

From the ASU thread:

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                                We have an outstanding sophomore goalie (Daccord). When he is on, he is tough to beat. He has kept us in many a game. Our freshman winger Johnny Walker (yes that is his real name) is third among all NCAA frosh with 13 goals. We have a d-man, Brinson Pasichnuk, that is flat gifted with the puck. He will play 30 minutes and probably the best overall player on our squad. As far as enforcers, well we play heavy. We have a very big team and try to use that size to our advantage. We are gritty and with the exception of a few games, don't go away. Hard to make a prediction, especially with you all coming off that great sweep of ND. I know pairwise is huge for you right now, so you can't afford a loss. Biggest key for us will be getting a lead. We play well in front. Hoping we can take one, but know being our final weekend, they will leave everything on the ice. I bummed I see there is no video coverage for these games. First time I have not had video all season.

Comment

Working...
                                X