This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

I'm imprisoned online waiting for my chance to buy Hamilton tickets at the Kennedy Center (signed on as # 58,050, after an hour down to # 47,900) and as further punishment they have a rotation of their past shows on in the background.

I used to think Mike Pence was the whitest person in America. I was wrong. It's John Legend.
    Last edited by Kepler; 02-28-2018, 12:42 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"In the ensuing twenty-five years, he had worked his way through the Physicians' Desk Reference before finding his poisons of preference—alcohol and cocaine."
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
      Milo Bloom

Comment

America in 5 minutes.

This is still the greatest country in the world.
        Last edited by Kepler; 03-02-2018, 04:47 PM.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• NOFX: My Job To Keep Punk Rock Elite
          NOFX: Clams Have Feelings Too
          The National: Bloodbuzz Ohio
          Outkast: Behold A Lady
          Naughty By Nature: Hip Hop Hooray
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            NOFX: My Job To Keep Punk Rock Elite
            NOFX: Clams Have Feelings Too
            The National: Bloodbuzz Ohio
            Outkast: Behold A Lady
            Naughty By Nature: Hip Hop Hooray
            F-ck yes.

Very nice.

BTW, how do you feel about Streetlight Manifesto? My Pandora NOFX account keeps turning them up and they are very, very good.
            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              F-ck yes.

Very nice.

BTW, how do you feel about Streetlight Manifesto? My Pandora NOFX account keeps turning them up and they are very, very good.
              I haven't heard enough by them, but a couple former posters (MeanEGirl, Bakunin) swear by them.

Edit: NOFX: Ribbed, is one of the best albums in punk genre.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Came across a little theme on Facebook. 1 song that means something personal to you, you can share the reason if you want, or not, doesn't matter. Grassroots, so no invasion from ad companies or whatever. It wasn't sponsored. I've seen the 10 day version, and 365 day version. I'm running with the 365.

I've done:

Hello Dad I'm In Jail by Was (Not Was)
                Tonight Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins

Any interest in starting that here, since it's not really a busy thread?
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Came across a little theme on Facebook. 1 song that means something personal to you, you can share the reason if you want, or not, doesn't matter. Grassroots, so no invasion from ad companies or whatever. It wasn't sponsored. I've seen the 10 day version, and 365 day version. I'm running with the 365.

I've done:

Hello Dad I'm In Jail by Was (Not Was)
                  Tonight Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins

Any interest in starting that here, since it's not really a busy thread?
                  "What I Remember Most" by Over the Rhine. Played it a lot after Mom died. She was "80% angel, 10% demon, the rest is hard to explain."
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I met my wife in Bahrain at a party I was hosting. I spent part of the night playing DJ and she came over to ask me about the CD I had been playing, which was the first Garbage release. At the end of the night she asked to borrow it and I said sure, hoping that it likely meant a later get together to retrieve it back. Needless to say 21 years later that CD (technically not a song) holds a pretty big spot in my soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      I met my wife in Bahrain at a party I was hosting. I spent part of the night playing DJ and she came over to ask me about the CD I had been playing, which was the first Garbage release. At the end of the night she asked to borrow it and I said sure, hoping that it likely meant a later get together to retrieve it back. Needless to say 21 years later that CD (technically not a song) holds a pretty big spot in my soul.
                      Judges? Yeah, they say that counts.

F'real, that's awesome.

Comment

• Sparta: Porcelain

Still need to hear At The Drive In.

Comment

The Dandy Warhols still go it and Courtney Taylor is still such a chameleon.

Comment

Buddy and I decided to do a jukebox takeover tomorrow. No sports until noon, so any artist that is Irish or plays Irish music that we can find (we were compiling a list) will make the cut. Cranberries (RIP Delores ) Murphys, Molly, U2, Van, Pogues.....we're going as deep as we can.

Comment

bump
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                Sparta: Porcelain

Still need to hear At The Drive In.
                                At The Drive IN's Relationship of Command is a great record. Check out footage of them on the late night shows from that era.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X