X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Wrapped up like a d o u c h e, another runner in the night.

Edit:

Really, admin? We're going to censor that?
    It's a capricious admin, funnily banning random words that have a viable, useful meaning in the real world. Like a bunch of cum-soaked twat mongers.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

They Might Be Giants on Spotify.

First time listening to "Flood."
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The things I do for irony.

Dr. Mrs. and I are going to see the Gin Blossoms at the Fairfax Festival tonight. I'm going to need two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls to get through this.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You watch the Bachelor. The Gin Blossoms are high art in comparison don't be such a drama queen.

Comment

The opener is Sugar Ray.

I gave up on The Bachelor last season. But I'm up for Temptation Island.
            Last edited by Kepler; 06-09-2018, 03:49 PM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Show up late. If not Mark McGrath is huge on reality TV these days so that should be comforting.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Show up late. If not Mark McGrath is huge on reality TV these days so that should be comforting.
                McGrath is a musical history genius, I'll give him that. He was the Ken Jennings on Rock'n'roll Jeopardy. It was mind-blowing.

And I prefer Sugar Ray's older stuff. Quite a bit different than what you hear on the radio. From what I know, they changed their style in order to actually make some money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VL5LV9PVZ8
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  The things I do for irony.

Dr. Mrs. and I are going to see the Gin Blossoms at the Fairfax Festival tonight. I'm going to need two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls to get through this.
                  Went to a weekend golf outing with a group of friends last year. I was arriving a little later than the rest and one of my friends called and asked me to "pick up the drugs" that he left at home. When I delivered his blood pressure and cholesterol medications I told him that "Bringing the drugs to an event used to mean something completely different".

Listening to: Genius-The Best of Warren Zevon
                  He was
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

Thought it was Winehouse when I first heard this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dJ0ISaTLCc
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Seerms liker Gurth has been silent for quite a long time. He used to show up here on the music thread quite often. Anybody know if anything is up with him?

Comment

Sara Bareilles.
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Still diving into the Mink DeVille catalog. This is just amazing. That voice, that arrangement...…………..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J5nR4efMCE
                          Last edited by rufus; 06-09-2018, 09:54 PM.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Even old New York
                            Was once New Amsterdam
                            Why they changed it, I can't say
                            People just liked it better that way

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Still diving into the Mink DeVille catalog. This is just amazing. That voice, that arrangement...…………..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J5nR4efMCE
                              What if Lou Reed never did heroin?
                              Cornell University

Comment

I think it's more "what if Springsteen grew up in Spanish Harlem?"
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X