Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U of Illinois AD & NHL joint press conference

Originally posted by BG816 View Post
    You’re right. Although Stoney Brook and Albany are FCS in football, while Buffalo is FBS. Not sure Binghamton has football.
    They do not; they do have most of the other common sports (basketball, soccer, baseball/softball, etc.)
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
      If Oakland moves forward with a program they would be a fine fit for Tuesday morning MACtion.
      Obviously, you’d combine Oakland and the MACtion schools with the (already never happening) UW-Milwaukee, UW-Green Bay and a resurgent UIC to form the MACHorizon Hockey League.

MHHL: Perennial Frozen Four Contenders, starting in 2028
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Obviously, you’d combine Oakland and the MACtion schools with the (already never happening) UW-Milwaukee, UW-Green Bay and a resurgent UIC to form the MACHorizon Hockey League.

MHHL: Perennial Frozen Four Contenders, starting in 2028
        I'd call a league with those teams the CCHA...

Comment

Originally posted by BG816 View Post
          Just to clarify the SUNY statement, the University at Buffalo is a SUNY school and D-1 in all sports.
          I was ignoring UB (and Stony Brook, Binghamton and Albany ftm) because they do not currently play NCAA hockey, but I did know they are a SUNY school.
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Anyways it’ll happen when there’s a college hockey video game and Freddy Meyer stops hacking and PROVICED gets kicked out of HOCKEY RAST and something something nachos.
            yeah, yeah and there will never be a Big Ten hockey league.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              yeah, yeah and there will never be a Big Ten hockey league.
              Every time I think of the BTHC the name Larry from the Club Forum always pops up in my mind. That guy was adamant we would see a BTHC. It got to the point of absurdity.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I was adamant about it too. The Big Ten was just waiting for that 6th team and then on to the bank with the $$$.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Not to beat the dead horse, since obviously expansion is such a regular discussion (to the point where it’s almost an eye roll topic on the USCHO and CHN podcasts), but:

Atlantic Hockey commish was on the USCHO podcast yesterday, and said that they’re aggressively pursuing a 12th member. No details beyond that (could be discussions with anyone from Syracuse to the NE10 D-II schools to Hawaii for all I know), but worth acknowledging.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                    Every time I think of the BTHC the name Larry from the Club Forum always pops up in my mind. That guy was adamant we would see a BTHC. It got to the point of absurdity.
                    For me it was more about how glorious it would be for the world. As far as I can tell so far the breakapart hasn't gone awesome for anybody... particularly the B10 set. I guess under that theory the NCHC has been the winner but nobody would have thought thatd happen but it's kinda funny

But yeah... my issue with LEB was his insistence that it would lead to a deeper psychic connection of humanity and allow us to plant an American flag on Io or Europa. Further the greater glories of the B10... hasn't worked out there chief, has it?
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      For me it was more about how glorious it would be for the world. As far as I can tell so far the breakapart hasn't gone awesome for anybody... particularly the B10 set. I guess under that theory the NCHC has been the winner but nobody would have thought thatd happen but it's kinda funny

But yeah... my issue with LEB was his insistence that it would lead to a deeper psychic connection of humanity and allow us to plant an American flag on Io or Europa. Further the greater glories of the B10... hasn't worked out there chief, has it?
                      Nope. Moreover. I really do hope IL joins the icebox it would help give more slots to Minnesotans who want to play D1 hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        ...Ice hockey would 'flourish' at University of Illinois, study shows...I will be surprised if they don't announce a D1 team soon.

Well, Frozen Four Weekend has come and gone, and with it the opportunity for Illinois to announce establishment of a program--or at least significant progress--on a big media stage. This kabuki dance has gone on so long that Macbeth (Act II Scene 1) comes to mind:
                        "Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.".
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          Well, Frozen Four Weekend has come and gone, and with it the opportunity for Illinois to announce establishment of a program--or at least significant progress--on a big media stage. This kabuki dance has gone on so long that Macbeth (Act II Scene 1) comes to mind:
                          "Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.".
                          Correct me if I'm wrong but PSU or ASU didn't announce it during the Frozen Four. IMO, that's a horrible time.

Comment

ASU announced in November of ‘14.

PSU announced (officially) in September of ‘10.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              Correct me if I'm wrong but PSU or ASU didn't announce it during the Frozen Four. IMO, that's a horrible time.
                              Au contraire. Frozen Four weekend is about much more than three hockey games. The attention of the entire college hockey world is focused not only on the games but also all the other things that go with it. No better platform for making an announcement as significant as the launching of a new D1 program.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                Au contraire. Frozen Four weekend is about much more than three hockey games. The attention of the entire college hockey world is focused not only on the games but also all the other things that go with it. No better platform for making an announcement as significant as the launching of a new D1 program.
                                Assuming, of course, that the incoming schools understand this, which they probably don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X