Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 404

Thread: Making a Murderer updates

  1. #121
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,175

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Finished Ep 3. Have a feeling I'm gonna finish it this weekend. It just gets more obvious by the minute.....
    Just wait...by the time you hit 5 you wont want to stop.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  2. #122
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,683

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Just wait...by the time you hit 5 you wont want to stop.
    That's what happened the first time around with this thing.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  3. #123
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    30,598

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Finished Ep 3. Have a feeling I'm gonna finish it this weekend. It just gets more obvious by the minute.....
    I'll probably finish tonight or tomorrow (watching episode 5 currently)...

    Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  4. #124
    not particularly bad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yost ice arena
    Posts
    9,437

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Thank you to those trying to keep this thread spoiler free. I'm only through episode 2 as I am trying to be a good wife and not watch ahead without husband. Finding time to watch together has proven difficult.

    We both found season 1 fascinating. We also like how Zellner is breaking down the crime and trying to recreate what happened.

  5. #125
    5x NCAA Champs - Pride of the West
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    You guys all realize that if this was indeed a conspiracy and everyone has remained silent on this issue, people that posters in here and elsewhere widely recognize as not being very smart who would be involved would have executed and kept silent on a plan that would be on a CIA or KGB level, right?

  6. #126
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,175

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    You guys all realize that if this was indeed a conspiracy and everyone has remained silent on this issue, people that posters in here and elsewhere widely recognize as not being very smart who would be involved would have executed and kept silent on a plan that would be on a CIA or KGB level, right?
    That was a very hard sentence to read...which is rather ironic in this case

    I am willing to say it is possible he did it and Dassey told the truth. Problem is literally none of the evidence corroborates it. (especially Dassey's confession which is all over the place and proven wrong on facts) It doesnt take a genius to convict the wrong guy (see: already did it to Avery once) using weak evidence so it isnt like they had to do that much work. There is a reason it doesnt seem to stand up to strict scrutiny.

    This is not CIA level stuff...the hardest thing they had to do was sneak a Rav 4 on a 40 acre lot or whatever when no one is really around. The cops have already shown the lengths they will go to convict him (including keeping him in jail when other agencies told them he wasnt the guy) so that isnt very hard to do.

    What that you saw makes you think he did it?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  7. #127
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    That was a very hard sentence to read...which is rather ironic in this case

    I am willing to say it is possible he did it and Dassey told the truth. Problem is literally none of the evidence corroborates it. (especially Dassey's confession which is all over the place and proven wrong on facts) It doesnt take a genius to convict the wrong guy (see: already did it to Avery once) using weak evidence so it isnt like they had to do that much work. There is a reason it doesnt seem to stand up to strict scrutiny.

    This is not CIA level stuff...the hardest thing they had to do was sneak a Rav 4 on a 40 acre lot or whatever when no one is really around. The cops have already shown the lengths they will go to convict him (including keeping him in jail when other agencies told them he wasnt the guy) so that isnt very hard to do.

    What that you saw makes you think he did it?
    I can't think of a single piece of evidence that is still standing that supports the prosecution's story, or shows that Avery/Dassey did it.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  8. #128
    5x NCAA Champs - Pride of the West
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    That was a very hard sentence to read...which is rather ironic in this case

    I am willing to say it is possible he did it and Dassey told the truth. Problem is literally none of the evidence corroborates it. (especially Dassey's confession which is all over the place and proven wrong on facts) It doesnt take a genius to convict the wrong guy (see: already did it to Avery once) using weak evidence so it isnt like they had to do that much work. There is a reason it doesnt seem to stand up to strict scrutiny.

    This is not CIA level stuff...the hardest thing they had to do was sneak a Rav 4 on a 40 acre lot or whatever when no one is really around. The cops have already shown the lengths they will go to convict him (including keeping him in jail when other agencies told them he wasnt the guy) so that isnt very hard to do.

    What that you saw makes you think he did it?
    Sorry. I should have worked in a semicolon.

    It is CIA level stuff to keep the "conspiracy" secret this long? You think by now someone wouldn't have blabbed? Especially if other Dasseys or Tadych was in on it? It's just not there.

    To answer your question, call it my Buffalo Bill/Silence of the Lambs theory. Psychopaths crave what they see every day, or in this case often. He personally requested Halbach to come to the yard to photograph the van under a fake name after she had been out there previously. This is not in dispute. Then you also add in Avery's voracious sexual appetite, confirmed through a former girlfriend, and the fact he was in possession of a significant amount of bondage porn - which MaM conveniently never tells you. Then you have a guy who in his mind has already developed a reason he didn't do it, "I was framed because I was already wrongly convicted once and now they're just out to get me." Put them together and I am of the firm belief that Avery would have become at minimum a serial sex offender and at worst a serial killer, but he botched the first one.

  9. #129
    5x NCAA Champs - Pride of the West
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I can't think of a single piece of evidence that is still standing that supports the prosecution's story, or shows that Avery/Dassey did it.
    Less than a week after Halbach went missing, Green Bay TV news interviewed Avery at vacation property since the police were at the salvage yard searching. When asked about that Avery said, "I don't know what they're searching for...they're not gonna find nothing." A quote I've never forgotten because in that moment I knew he did it. An innocent person would have said, "I hope she is OK. I saw her leave and turn onto the highway. Beyond that I don't know what happened." Instead he basically admitted he did it because he dismembered and burned her body and figured there was no evidence. "Nothing." Right from his own mouth.

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,910

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    Sorry. I should have worked in a semicolon.

    It is CIA level stuff to keep the "conspiracy" secret this long? You think by now someone wouldn't have blabbed? Especially if other Dasseys or Tadych was in on it? It's just not there.

    To answer your question, call it my Buffalo Bill/Silence of the Lambs theory. Psychopaths crave what they see every day, or in this case often. He personally requested Halbach to come to the yard to photograph the van under a fake name after she had been out there previously. This is not in dispute. Then you also add in Avery's voracious sexual appetite, confirmed through a former girlfriend, and the fact he was in possession of a significant amount of bondage porn - which MaM conveniently never tells you. Then you have a guy who in his mind has already developed a reason he didn't do it, "I was framed because I was already wrongly convicted once and now they're just out to get me." Put them together and I am of the firm belief that Avery would have become at minimum a serial sex offender and at worst a serial killer, but he botched the first one.
    It only takes one person to lay down a few bread crumbs and then a bunch of idiots who already thought Avery was guilty can follow them without being in on it. This wouldn't have to be a grand conspiracy.

  11. #131
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,175

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    Less than a week after Halbach went missing, Green Bay TV news interviewed Avery at vacation property since the police were at the salvage yard searching. When asked about that Avery said, "I don't know what they're searching for...they're not gonna find nothing." A quote I've never forgotten because in that moment I knew he did it. An innocent person would have said, "I hope she is OK. I saw her leave and turn onto the highway. Beyond that I don't know what happened." Instead he basically admitted he did it because he dismembered and burned her body and figured there was no evidence. "Nothing." Right from his own mouth.
    Except the "burned the body" part of your theory is proving to be rather dubious.

    Like I said he might have done it, but there is little to no evidence to prove he did it (even less now) and there is enough reasonable doubt to drive a truck through. And all of the stuff you bring up is also true about someone else FYI. (including wanting something you covet)

    And how did "botch" the first one? He didnt do it in the first place? He cant botch something he didnt do. (unless you are saying the cops botched it...which they did)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  12. #132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    Less than a week after Halbach went missing, Green Bay TV news interviewed Avery at vacation property since the police were at the salvage yard searching. When asked about that Avery said, "I don't know what they're searching for...they're not gonna find nothing." A quote I've never forgotten because in that moment I knew he did it. An innocent person would have said, "I hope she is OK. I saw her leave and turn onto the highway. Beyond that I don't know what happened." Instead he basically admitted he did it because he dismembered and burned her body and figured there was no evidence. "Nothing." Right from his own mouth.
    I'm not sure if he did it or not, but you think the only reason he would say they won't find anything is because he destroyed the evidence? How about because he didn't do it? Deciding he must be guilty because he didn't react to the question in the way you deem normal is total nonsense.
    Last edited by GrinCDXX; 10-26-2018 at 02:16 PM.

  13. #133
    5x NCAA Champs - Pride of the West
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Except the "burned the body" part of your theory is proving to be rather dubious.

    Like I said he might have done it, but there is little to no evidence to prove he did it (even less now) and there is enough reasonable doubt to drive a truck through. And all of the stuff you bring up is also true about someone else FYI. (including wanting something you covet)

    And how did "botch" the first one? He didnt do it in the first place? He cant botch something he didnt do. (unless you are saying the cops botched it...which they did)
    So he might have done it or he didn't do it? Which one is it?

  14. #134
    5x NCAA Champs - Pride of the West
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    I'm not sure if you did it or not, but you think the only reason he would say they won't find anything is because he destroyed the evidence? How about because he didn't do it? Deciding he must be guilty because he didn't react to the question in the way you deem normal is total nonsense.
    That was on top of all of the other evidence, which is beyond dispute even by truthers.

  15. #135
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,129

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    That was on top of all of the other evidence, which is beyond dispute even by truthers.
    What evidence?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  16. #136
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    Less than a week after Halbach went missing, Green Bay TV news interviewed Avery at vacation property since the police were at the salvage yard searching. When asked about that Avery said, "I don't know what they're searching for...they're not gonna find nothing." A quote I've never forgotten because in that moment I knew he did it. An innocent person would have said, "I hope she is OK. I saw her leave and turn onto the highway. Beyond that I don't know what happened." Instead he basically admitted he did it because he dismembered and burned her body and figured there was no evidence. "Nothing." Right from his own mouth.
    No, for a man that had already been ****ed by the county, like he had been, that is a completely normal response.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  17. #137
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    The "burning" evidence is complete BS, and proven false, but won't go into spoilery details. It is covered in season 2.

    So, the only evidence mentioned that is valid, is extremely circumstantial "bondage porn" evidence. Hmmm, ok.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  18. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    Sorry. I should have worked in a semicolon.

    It is CIA level stuff to keep the "conspiracy" secret this long? You think by now someone wouldn't have blabbed? Especially if other Dasseys or Tadych was in on it? It's just not there.

    To answer your question, call it my Buffalo Bill/Silence of the Lambs theory. Psychopaths crave what they see every day, or in this case often. He personally requested Halbach to come to the yard to photograph the van under a fake name after she had been out there previously. This is not in dispute. Then you also add in Avery's voracious sexual appetite, confirmed through a former girlfriend, and the fact he was in possession of a significant amount of bondage porn - which MaM conveniently never tells you. Then you have a guy who in his mind has already developed a reason he didn't do it, "I was framed because I was already wrongly convicted once and now they're just out to get me." Put them together and I am of the firm belief that Avery would have become at minimum a serial sex offender and at worst a serial killer, but he botched the first one.
    No, it’s not CIA level conspiracy and that’s Overblown anyway. Many people have participated in conspiracies, talked and nothing happened to them via law enforcement. That includes CIA officers and assets if you do enough reading you’ll see. Or read Sam Giancana’s book Double Cross or Frank Sheeran’s I Heard You Paint Houses about mob plots. Hell even Henry Hill’s book.

    Point is, in many cases “everyone” knows who did it: Hoffa, Lufthansa, Billy Batts, JFK, whatever. It doesn’t mean anything until a DA, FBI or other law enforcement personnel actually act on it and dig for the evidence come hell or high water.

    In this case the police did less than nothing. A garage filled with blood (dassey’s) was ignored while Avery was singled out immediately with no proof he did anything.

    Zellner has destroyed the State’s case and that’s with the State still withholding valuable evidence like the rav4.

    You can act like SA is guilty as sin but there is no proof of that whatsoever and i’d Use Bobby Dassey and Scott tadych’s ever changing stories and timelines to highlight something is rotten in manitowoc AND Wisconsin in general.

  19. #139
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,175

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    So he might have done it or he didn't do it? Which one is it?
    Do you not understand the concept of the word "might"? Serious question because it will answer your question for you if you know the definition.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  20. #140
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,175

    Re: Making a Murderer updates

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    The "burning" evidence is complete BS, and proven false, but won't go into spoilery details. It is covered in season 2.

    So, the only evidence mentioned that is valid, is extremely circumstantial "bondage porn" evidence. Hmmm, ok.
    And if that is evidence...well then I can make the same case about another suspect who also could have "coveted what he sees every day" AND has changed his story at least 3 times.

    And yeah unless science is wrong it would seem the "burning the body" BS is completely and utterly false.
    Last edited by Handyman; 10-26-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •