Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Making a Murderer updates

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I posted this earlier, but I'll repeat it. I do think it's unlikely Halbach was killed in the trailer or garage. I just think they'd have found blood.

I also don't think that the prosecution's narrative as to precisely how and where the murder happened turns out to be correct. But I don't think the blood in the Rav4 necessarily exonerates Avery.

He could very well have killed her in the yard, then loaded the body into her car with the intent to dispose of the body somewhere. He leaves the compound in the Rav4, maybe checks out the quarry for a spot to do it, or some other spots. Maybe then he hits on the idea of burning the body up, in the pit (probably not likely) or in a barrel somewhere on the property.

I don't know, but I think there are ways that the Rav4 evidence makes sense when Avery is still the killer. Yeah, no one has said he left, but no one has said he didn't leave either.
    I guess I see where you're coming from, but I still think it falls apart. Where I struggle with this kind of theory is motive. I can buy the sexual motive presented originally. To me, that is part of the original argument that actually did make sense. If he kills her in the yard, and there isn't a sexual assault, that doesn't make sense with a motive that actually does make sense. Unless you think he sexually assaulted her in the yard, in view of his sister's house, which seems very unlikely too.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I guess I see where you're coming from, but I still think it falls apart. Where I struggle with this kind of theory is motive. I can buy the sexual motive presented originally. To me, that is part of the original argument that actually did make sense. If he kills her in the yard, and there isn't a sexual assault, that doesn't make sense with a motive that actually does make sense. Unless you think he sexually assaulted her in the yard, in view of his sister's house, which seems very unlikely too.
      It's obviously a very interesting case, and if he didn't do it, I certainly hope he gets out sooner rather than later.

That said, I think this case will take a very tragic turn if Zellner really starts pointing the finger at Bobby Dassey or Tadych. It will rip that family apart, even more so than it already is. And if she points the finger but doesn't get the job done, then Avery is still in prison and the family is still ripped apart.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

It's obviously a very interesting case, and if he didn't do it, I certainly hope he gets out sooner rather than later.

That said, I think this case will take a very tragic turn if Zellner really starts pointing the finger at Bobby Dassey or Tadych. It will rip that family apart, even more so than it already is. And if she points the finger but doesn't get the job done, then Avery is still in prison and the family is still ripped apart.
        And you could see it already going that direction in season 2. Unfortunately, if Scott or Bobby did do it, and it can be proven, then I don't see a way to avoid that. I feel bad for the family members that really didn't have a role in this, because either way, they lose.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          I posted this earlier, but I'll repeat it. I do think it's unlikely Halbach was killed in the trailer or garage. I just think they'd have found blood.

I also don't think that the prosecution's narrative as to precisely how and where the murder happened turns out to be correct. But I don't think the blood in the Rav4 necessarily exonerates Avery.

He could very well have killed her in the yard, then loaded the body into her car with the intent to dispose of the body somewhere. He leaves the compound in the Rav4, maybe checks out the quarry for a spot to do it, or some other spots. Maybe then he hits on the idea of burning the body up, in the pit (probably not likely) or in a barrel somewhere on the property.

I don't know, but I think there are ways that the Rav4 evidence makes sense when Avery is still the killer. Yeah, no one has said he left, but no one has said he didn't leave either.
          Possible... unlikely but more plausible than their current theories

FYI I'm not being argumentative I enjoy this conversation.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Yeah. Every theory contradicts some major point in the case. Seems like a fishing expedition that the jury fell for.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://t.co/gQIszQ1LBQ
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

https://t.co/oeZMcqcBCB
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Well I gotta say, if the bones at the Quarry end up being TH's then the entirety of the Prosecution case goes down the crapper. I mean they would need a whole new story as to what happened which then directly contradicts the accomplice testimony. I mean literally the only real piece of evidence is the RAV 4 and the blood on the key. They wouldnt have anything else to tie Avery to the murder.

I never much trust the COA but that would seem to be enough to at least order a new trial. If Avery had been able to present that at trial it is reasonable to believe a jury may have not convicted him because of that.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    Wow...
                    From the aritcle: "Regardless, Zellner claims to have an abundance of new evidence that Colborn found Halbach’s car on November 3rd, and not on the Avery property. She’s filed affidavits from two witnesses who claim to have seen the RAV-4 parked off Highway 147, one of whom says she informed Colborn directly, and he failed to document the conversation.

“We have also filed an enhanced audio tape which reveals a second person at the scene saying ‘It’s hers,’ which confirms the vehicle was present when Colborn’s call was made,” Zellner tells Rolling Stone.
                    "
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Wow...
                      From the aritcle: "Regardless, Zellner claims to have an abundance of new evidence that Colborn found Halbach’s car on November 3rd, and not on the Avery property. She’s filed affidavits from two witnesses who claim to have seen the RAV-4 parked off Highway 147, one of whom says she informed Colborn directly, and he failed to document the conversation.

“We have also filed an enhanced audio tape which reveals a second person at the scene saying ‘It’s hers,’ which confirms the vehicle was present when Colborn’s call was made,” Zellner tells Rolling Stone.
                      "
                      Where there's smoke there's fire, and this is a god**** inferno.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Well I gotta say, if the bones at the Quarry end up being TH's then the entirety of the Prosecution case goes down the crapper. I mean they would need a whole new story as to what happened which then directly contradicts the accomplice testimony. I mean literally the only real piece of evidence is the RAV 4 and the blood on the key. They wouldnt have anything else to tie Avery to the murder.

I never much trust the COA but that would seem to be enough to at least order a new trial. If Avery had been able to present that at trial it is reasonable to believe a jury may have not convicted him because of that.
                        Even better, the bones in the quarry end up being from another woman, missing and presumed dead for many years. Netflix can then kick this story over into their serial killer genre. After all, it is Wisconsin. What self-respecting Wisconsin male stops after killing just one victim.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Even better, the bones in the quarry end up being from another woman, missing and presumed dead for many years. Netflix can then kick this story over into their serial killer genre. After all, it is Wisconsin. What self-respecting Wisconsin male stops after killing just one victim.
                          So, the Bobby Dassey: Serial Killer theory. I believe this is actually a thing, no idea of any kind of validity, and it is most likely an internet rabbit hole.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

This is very true. No matter how it plays out Netflix has a spinoff series in the making. If found evidence proves he did it then they have the inevitable "Steven Aver: Confirmed Seriel Killer" specials where they try and figure out how many he killed. If he isnt there is the "MAM: The Hunt For The True Killer" series and if they figure it out right away then you have the "[insert name here]: Inside a Criminals Mind" style special. They stumbled on a GOLD MINE!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              This is very true. No matter how it plays out Netflix has a spinoff series in the making. If found evidence proves he did it then they have the inevitable "Steven Aver: Confirmed Seriel Killer" specials where they try and figure out how many he killed. If he isnt there is the "MAM: The Hunt For The True Killer" series and if they figure it out right away then you have the "[insert name here]: Inside a Criminals Mind" style special. They stumbled on a GOLD MINE!
                              Well part of the reason its on Netflix is I cant imagine trying to sell advertisements for programming like that...and when they did the first one they were still the main streaming service...now they have quite a bit more competition.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Well part of the reason its on Netflix is I cant imagine trying to sell advertisements for programming like that...and when they did the first one they were still the main streaming service...now they have quite a bit more competition.
                                Have you heard of a show called "Unsolved Mysteries" with Robert Stack?
                                But really, I get what you're saying. It's real life Cop Drama Network Show.
                                They did stumble upon a gold mine, for sure, as seen by stuff like "The Staircase" or whatever it was called. One time show...UNLESS, "hey this is still ongoing! More seasons!"
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X