Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Making a Murderer updates

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Have you heard of a show called "Unsolved Mysteries" with Robert Stack?
    But really, I get what you're saying. It's real life Cop Drama Network Show.
    They did stumble upon a gold mine, for sure, as seen by stuff like "The Staircase" or whatever it was called. One time show...UNLESS, "hey this is still ongoing! More seasons!"
    unsolved mysteries is different...the fact that so much of MaM is pointing the finger at the government just isn't something that most companies want to be advertising with...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Jesus Christ, just bulldoze Wisconsin doj and manitowoc, Calumet and Sheboygan right into Lake Michigan.

Brad Schimel in his final act of petulant vindictiveness just told Zellner to get bent. Choose the appeal or choose new tests but you can’t have both. And this clown was gift wrapped a judgeship...

I hope Josh Kaul calls Zellner on day 1, January 7th, you can have rapid DNA testing on the bones found in the quarry, you can have the van and anything else you need. Oh, and we won’t stand in the way when you go after Schimel, Walker, Colburn, Lenk, Manitowoc, Calumet, Suskiewicz, Willis et al for damages later.

Links later when they’re up.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

For now there is this: https://t.co/KtlsEyNeC3

No word from Zellner yet

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          For now there is this: https://t.co/KtlsEyNeC3

No word from Zellner yet
          A lawyer's opinion in the thread...

Caveat: I practice in the federal courts (from district to US Supreme) and in NY State courts. I have no experience with Wisc. state court criminal or appellate procedure. That said...

The State's argument is based on the concept of judicial efficiency. However, its argument has holes. Absent some specific Wisc. rules to the contrary, it would appear that KZ's suggested course of action is better in terms of both judicial efficiency and furthering the interests of justice. A lot of work has already gone into transferring the case files to the court of appeals. It makes no sense for SA to act now to voluntarily withdraw his appeal, which already contains a large record, when a stay would preserve the status quo and avoid redundant administrative efforts. If no new information is obtained from testing, then the appeal can proceed quickly. If new information is indeed obtained, then SA can decide at that time whether to withdraw his appeal and seek a new trial in the lower court on the basis of that new evidence and/or easily incorporate that new information into the pending appeal.

What rings particularly hollow is the State's complaint about delay. It is SA who is sitting in jail and paying the ultimate price for the delay he is requesting. I fail to see how the State or court is adversely affected by whatever delay is caused by SA's request.

What the State's response has going for it is that courts are inclined to look favorably on arguments that allow them to purge their docket of a pending case. That said, I find the State's arguments logically flawed and unconvincing. I think KZ will be able to take this apart in her reply.

Just one lawyer's opinion.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

https://www.wbay.com/content/news/Ap...503659251.html

Comment

https://t.co/KgqFMo8Kv1

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Zallner’s quote at the end of that article is interesting. She claims it’s through her efforts that law enforcement has been cleared of planting blood, bones, license plates and electronic devices. So, the defense makes a bogus claim of the cops planting evidence, Zellner then proves those claims false and she wants a pat on the back for that?
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Zallner’s quote at the end of that article is interesting. She claims it’s through her efforts that law enforcement has been cleared of planting blood, bones, license plates and electronic devices. So, the defense makes a bogus claim of the cops planting evidence, Zellner then proves those claims false and she wants a pat on the back for that?
                  Those claims were made well before Zellner was involved in the case. To me, it just points to her only being interested in the truth.

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Zellner has changed her focus over time going where the evidence leads her. This doesn’t absolve the cops from planting the key which she omitted in her quote.

She’s done far better police work in 2 years than the Manitowoc or Calumet sheriff’s, DA and WI DOJ have done combined.

She’ll get Avery out because the evidence points at a frame by Bobby D and Scott Tadych.

Comment

It really is amazing how brazen these *****s are:
                      https://t.co/7dD5D17ne2

This should destroy the State’s case.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

"Those bones? Nah, we don't need to test those bones, Mr. Halbach. They belong to a non-human. Want 'em?" - Ken Kratz, probably

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

You really cannot make this up. Now Ever’s DOJ is resisting the truth.

The Power Elite will always win evidently: http://www.kathleentzellner.com/s/20...and-remand.pdf

Wisconsin is an embarrassment with regard to their entire system of justice.

Comment

https://t.co/l9ZTwYUe05

Wow. This is ****ed up!

Comment

https://www.newsweek.com/what-comes-...uld-be-1341666

Amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X