• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Huh 1: We could play at Questions

Oh, mookie...

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is a shrug and 10 is nuclear war, how bad would weighing in on a text message thread with future in-laws be:

CC: Future Mother IL, SIL #1 + BIL#1, SIL #2 + BIL #2, fiancee
      Future SIL #1 (just moved to Texas): Something my daughter noticed right away is that there were American flags everywhere. It's great to be in a place where people actually love our country!
      Fiancee: let's not get into controversial topics now...
      FSIL #1: What!? I said (daughter) was excited to see the flags everywhere. I think loving our country is a good thing.
      FIancee: nevermind
      FSIL #1: That would be sad if that's controversial

I really, really want to let her know the places I have seen the most American flags were Boston, NYC, and Washington DC.
      9. Don't go near it. And get your fiancee away from them as quickly as possible. And make sure they don't talk politics around your babies until they're old enough to mentally hold their own (about six years old by the looks of it).

Remember: they know who you are, they're looking for a fight. So, now you know who they are. If it helps the itch, your silence will enrage them but they'll have no traction for reacting.
      Last edited by Kepler; 12-05-2019, 01:34 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        I see way more Texas flags than American flags down here...
        Lots of flags in the South.

Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          But only one that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Surprisingly, have not seen one of these.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Traitors. They should leave Murica if they hate it so much!

Also, why is dx suddenly necro-ing threads?
              Because I find it enjoyable. This place needs a little sprucing up every now and then.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is a shrug and 10 is nuclear war, how bad would weighing in on a text message thread with future in-laws be:

CC: Future Mother IL, SIL #1 + BIL#1, SIL #2 + BIL #2, fiancee
                Future SIL #1 (just moved to Texas): Something my daughter noticed right away is that there were American flags everywhere. It's great to be in a place where people actually love our country!
                Fiancee: let's not get into controversial topics now...
                FSIL #1: What!? I said (daughter) was excited to see the flags everywhere. I think loving our country is a good thing.
                FIancee: nevermind
                FSIL #1: That would be sad if that's controversial

I really, really want to let her know the places I have seen the most American flags were Boston, NYC, and Washington DC.
                There are so many ways you could go with this how do you resist?

dx: Did she see Trump dry-humping any of them?

dx: I know right? All those non-flag fliers in gd Oakdale can leave if they don't like it here!

dx: Do you think any of them are (gasp) brown?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  There are so many ways you could go with this how do you resist?

dx: Did she see Trump dry-humping any of them?

dx: I know right? All those non-flag fliers in gd Oakdale can leave if they don't like it here!

dx: Do you think any of them are (gasp) brown?
                  Exactly!!!

Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Quick poll. Would putting an enameled cast iron pot in the dishwasher using the RINSE cycle WITHOUT detergent be ok? My dishwasher offers a non-heated, low-water usage, 10-minute cycle. I figure I’m going to use basically the same thing to clean it anyways.

And being supremely lazy, it would be kind of nice to not have to be able to let the dishwasher exert the elbow grease and I could then get the rest. Again, I know it’s about a 6.5 on the lazy scale.
                    Code:

Comment

If it's enameled, then what difference does it make?

Comment

Enamelware is considered dishwasher safe but not recommended as it will have some effect on the shine and color over time. I've never done the dishwasher myself for enamel, just a good scrub pad and dish soap.

Comment

Quick poll. Would putting an enameled cast iron pot in the dishwasher using the RINSE cycle WITHOUT detergent be ok? My dishwasher offers a non-heated, low-water usage, 10-minute cycle. I figure I’m going to use basically the same thing to clean it anyways.

And being supremely lazy, it would be kind of nice to not have to be able to let the dishwasher exert the elbow grease and I could then get the rest. Again, I know it’s about a 6.5 on the lazy scale.
                          I’ve never, ever put any of mine into dishwasher and I never will. I don’t even care about how much dishwasher tech may change- won’t even risk it.

my stuff is expensive and to be honest, enameled ceramic and cast iron are easy to clean by hand

Comment

I would not do it. Honestly, you exerted more energy in posting about it than you will cleaning it by hand the first 30 times.

But despite HATING cleaning and housework in general I actually enjoy hand washing dishes, so I am perhaps not the best person to opine considering you seem to really, really want not to do it.

Now, on the contrary, I will clothes wash anything on hot / high and just throw away that which does not survive. This is why I am not permitted to look at my wife's laundry. For me that level of care means the clothes own you, and f-ck that.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 10-04-2020, 11:54 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I’ve never, ever put any of mine into dishwasher and I never will. I don’t even care about how much dishwasher tech may change- won’t even risk it.

my stuff is expensive and to be honest, enameled ceramic and cast iron are easy to clean by hand
                              My cast iron skillet is the biggest PITA to clean on this planet. If you have any tricks or hints please lay them on me, that thing is the bane of my existence.

It also weighs at least 60 pounds. I never believed movie plots where the wife knocks out the husband by braining him with a frying pan until Dr. Mrs. brought his thing home. I have no doubt if she got it over her head two-handed, straddling me in bed, it would go through my head like breaking down a wet cardboard box. I will have no problem approaching an armed intruder waving it, there's no way it's going to be penetrated. It's basically a piece of an engine block.

The only items I refuse to clean by hand are my wife's stoopid fancypants glassware. It has weird, impossible to clean angles and if it is so fragile or finnicky that the DW is gonna ruin it then I am gonna break it just using it, so might as well get it over with. Darwin for Dishes.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 10-04-2020, 11:57 PM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Oh I’m talking about enameled cast iron- specifically the white cast iron from le crueset. Just hand wash not kong after using and it’s easy.

i don’t generally use regular cast iron. Those are different

Comment

Working...
                                X