Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

Try to remember that time in December

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...is-talks-fraud
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

So no half measures? That is ridiculous and downright dangerous.

That is ok though right...cause God will protect us
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Lucia Apologist

God: BI#CH! I SENT YOU SCIENTISTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    So no half measures? That is ridiculous and downright dangerous.

That is ok though right...cause God will protect us
    God is mad that gays can marry and women have some control ..god will start to fix things when Mike Pence beliefs become law of the land!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    God is mad that gays can marry and women have some control ..god will start to fix things when Mike Pence beliefs become law of the land!!
    "How long can you tread water?"
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    God: BI#CH! I SENT YOU SCIENTISTS!
    Srsly. "I gave you brains so you could figure it out. The f-ck didn't you use your brains?"
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Banned

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Banned

About that global warming and thinning ice... https://www.infowars.com/global-warm...to-severe-ice/

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

John Oliver all but flat-out told noted Big Coal sh*thead Bob Murray to "bring it" on Sunday's show about coal, after Murray Energy's lawyers sent his team a C&D letter. If Murray's smart, he'll let it go and not give Oliver the attention, but given that this a55hole appears to be a mini-Trump when it comes to lawsuits, I'm willing to bet he doesn't. So, pop the popcorn.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    John Oliver all but flat-out told noted Big Coal sh*thead Bob Murray to "bring it" on Sunday's show about coal, after Murray Energy's lawyers sent his team a C&D letter. If Murray's smart, he'll let it go and not give Oliver the attention, but given that this a55hole appears to be a mini-Trump when it comes to lawsuits, I'm willing to bet he doesn't. So, pop the popcorn.
    That was awesome!
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Some of the stats in that "article" were pretty surprising- like there's ONLY 75,000 coal workers. Which brings up the question- how in the world did that few workers have such a massive impact on the election? And that has been in pretty constant decline for over 80 years to reach that number.

It was also fun to see coal CEO's proclaim their undying love for their miners, to only turn their backs to them at every emergency. They want to cut back on safety requirements, even in the face of deadly accidents. Or turn their backs to them when it comes to profits- cut some workers to save a few million, and then pay their executives over 10M in bonuses- when they don't actually do real work. Duh. They are such liars, it's no wonder they are buddies with don. Especially bob.

I do hope bob goes after Oliver- that will be fun in court. You know HBO is totally ready for it, otherwise they would have never let him loose like that.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Some of the stats in that "article" were pretty surprising- like there's ONLY 75,000 coal workers. Which brings up the question- how in the world did that few workers have such a massive impact on the election? And that has been in pretty constant decline for over 80 years to reach that number.

It was also fun to see coal CEO's proclaim their undying love for their miners, to only turn their backs to them at every emergency. They want to cut back on safety requirements, even in the face of deadly accidents. Or turn their backs to them when it comes to profits- cut some workers to save a few million, and then pay their executives over 10M in bonuses- when they don't actually do real work. Duh. They are such liars, it's no wonder they are buddies with don. Especially bob.

I do hope bob goes after Oliver- that will be fun in court. You know HBO is totally ready for it, otherwise they would have never let him loose like that.
    75,000? I had heard 50,000-52,000 cited a number of times over the last two or three weeks. Did it grow by 25k?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    75,000? I had heard 50,000-52,000 cited a number of times over the last two or three weeks. Did it grow by 25k?
    That's the number Oliver used- so without googling another source- I didn't bother to look it up.

But your number questions their impact even more. How could so few have that much influence?

As for the miners- it's not as if they support bob being a don clone- some of them sent back their bonus checks with some rather colorful language. I don't see them really wanting to reduce workplace safety laws that much.

77k votes in 3 states won the election for Trump...that is how.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    77k votes in 3 states won the election for Trump...that is how.
    We don't have coal miners in Michigan.

Nope. Just idiots who don't vote or got emailed. Which will likely cause Minnesota to flip next cycle. We're on the brink.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Nope. Just idiots who don't vote or got emailed. Which will likely cause Minnesota to flip next cycle. We're on the brink.
    Hillary's running in Minnesota in 2018?
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Right...but you asked how such a small number of workers could have that kind of power and I gave you an example of how that few people can have a major impact.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Hillary's running in Minnesota in 2018?
    There's always something wrong with the candidate. We've covered this.

Thread Information