Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    China is also well ahead of their agreed to goals.
    His point is that likely that China's goals aren't identical to ours, therefore they don't apply. Specifically, that they have roughly 13 years to max out their emissions, while we have to start lowering ours in now. This is, of course, due to the fact that they are in a different phase of their industrialization process than we are, and thus what they can do ambitiously at the moment is different than what we can do. That is sort of the whole point of the agreement, with different countries reviewing what others countries can do in an ambitious manner and strongly encouraging each other to do so.

Or his point is that there is no enforcement mechanism on China, which is true. There's also no enforcement mechanism on Andorra. **** those Andorrans, trying to pull one over on us. There's no enforcement mechanism on anyone, it's a framework for different countries to "shame" or encourage each other along, since a hard-set enforcement mechanism is basically no-go. And the meetings to check progress start pretty soon, so if someone is dicking over everyone else, it would be pretty quick to get on their case and if they refuse, alter or withdraw from the agreement then, when something actually occurs, rather than through some childish fear of it happening years down the road.

Or he's a troll.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Each year the polar ice retreats.

Bi-la kaifa.

Lucia Apologist

Bi-la kaifa is cute. But we know how and why. The earth is getting ****ing hotter. Especially around the poles. And it's due to mankind.

Bi-la kaifa is cute. But we know how and why. The earth is getting ****ing hotter. Especially around the poles. And it's due to mankind.
    I thought "Bi-la kaifa" translated to "whether you've accepted it or not." c.f., "reality is what's still there if you stop believing in it."
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Loser Teacher

I used to love when someone would post something like this and then one of the resident "The Science is no Agreed Upon" Neanderthals would post some fake article about how in fact the ice caps are EXPANDING! It was Santorum like in it's stupidity
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Paul Ryan is an ignoramus.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I thought "Bi-la kaifa" translated to "whether you've accepted it or not." c.f., "reality is what's still there if you stop believing in it."
    I had to look it up and it said it translates to "without asking how." I ran with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Paul Ryan is an ignoramus.
    Naah, Turtle Boy is worse.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called the agreement an “unattainable mandate” and continued to blame the Obama administration for what the Kentucky Republican called “an assault on domestic energy production and jobs.” - See more at: https://www.rollcall.com/news/politic....hQ2jB8Y0.dpuf
    You know what that says? That says "America Can't". It used to be "America Can". And that's what people are voting for?

Meanwhile, I was listening to MSNBC over lunch and they had the mayor of Pittsburgh on. You know, the city that Trump singled out yesterday as the city he's fighting for and not Paris. Well, the mayor of that city has announced to the World that they attend to abide by the conditions of the accord even if Trump says they don't have to.

Trump is a moron.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

You know what that says? That says "America Can't". It used to be "America Can".
    I like that. It's a good way to frame it.

Our EPA Secretary is drip slime. Pure drip slime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ1EFdDPQ78
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Naah, Turtle Boy is worse.

You know what that says? That says "America Can't". It used to be "America Can". And that's what people are voting for?

Meanwhile, I was listening to MSNBC over lunch and they had the mayor of Pittsburgh on. You know, the city that Trump singled out yesterday as the city he's fighting for and not Paris. Well, the mayor of that city has announced to the World that they attend to abide by the conditions of the accord even if Trump says they don't have to.

Trump is a moron.
    He is, but more voters live in Pennsylvania caves than in the Mayor's office.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    He is, but more voters live in Pennsylvania caves than in the Mayor's office.
    The caves aren't in Pittsburgh. Trump mentioned Pittsburgh, NOT Pennsylvania. If he had said the whole state it wouldn't have registered as much flack.

Loser Teacher

So according to the nimrods the only American energy is oil? Renewables just arent in our wheelhouse? Good to know.

Wisconsin can burn in hell for giving us the Paul Ryan cancer...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

The caves aren't in Pittsburgh. Trump mentioned Pittsburgh, NOT Pennsylvania. If he had said the whole state it wouldn't have registered as much flack.
    He's never factually accurate and doesn't even care. Bottom line, he's playing the cave-dwellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    So according to the nimrods the only American energy is oil? Renewables just arent in our wheelhouse? Good to know.

Yes. America can't do engineering or science. We can only do oil and coal because that's our wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

Michelle Bachmann was the donor site--the cancer metastacized to Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Michelle Bachmann was the donor site--the cancer metastacized to Wisconsin.
    We kicked her to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    We kicked her to the curb.
    Well, you didn't catch it soon enough. With Ryan, Johnson, and Walker, Wisconsin is stage four.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Yes. America can't do engineering or science. We can only do oil and coal because that's our wheelhouse.
    We only do gas and coal because of simple math

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

We are so screwed.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Thread Information