X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yep. And they're not worth engaging in debate. We need to convince Democrats and people open to voting for Democrats to get off the couch and pull the level. We do not need to waste time convincing idiots that God isn't going to solve the Climate problem.
    Obviously. I don't think anybody is suggesting otherwise. What I've seen mentioned here in counterpoint is we should be politically correct in public and not call the morons "morons." That's fine advice. Don't give the other team bulletin board material.

The far right doesn't have two brain cells to rub together, there is no way to appeal to them via argument. We might look into spreading a little good old-fashioned class hatred, though. Those guys may hate the gays and the Muzzies and the brownies, but they didn't foreclose on their home and kill their health care. The type of man who gets excited about murdering immigrants probably also breaks out in a rash when you talk about stringing up the banksters. That is useful for maybe peeling off 5% of them. Every little bit helps.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Obviously. I don't think anybody is suggesting otherwise. What I've seen mentioned here in counterpoint is we should be politically correct in public and not call the morons "morons." That's fine advice. Don't give the other team bulletin board material.

The far right doesn't have two brain cells to rub together, there is no way to appeal to them via argument. We might look into spreading a little good old-fashioned class hatred, though. Those guys may hate the gays and the Muzzies and the brownies, but they didn't foreclose on their home and kill their health care. The type of man who gets excited about murdering immigrants probably also breaks out in a rash when you talk about stringing up the banksters. That is useful for maybe peeling off 5% of them. Every little bit helps.
      Maybe we should be silent but I think some good old fashioned shunning is in order.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Maybe we should be silent but I think some good old fashioned shunning is in order.
        Well, f-ck, nobody's saying you have to have Trumpies in your home. They're boring, their daughters have meth mouth, and they're lazy and stupid so they don't even make good servants.

They self-segregate anyway. Just stay away from racetracks, white Baptist churches, and trailer parks.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Our country is now in the hands of morons.
          “I sent you a pick-up truck, a boat and a helicopter and you refused all of them. What else could I possibly do for you?”

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

@RickSantorum: Sad to be criticized by the left for something as obvious as solar (clouds & darkness) and wind (calm winds) are not reliable or consistent. https://***********/alexandraheuser/...69090673422336

This countries education system sucks.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Santorum gets fact checked almost as badly Trump. The man couldnt find the truth if it "Santorumed" all over him.

BTW if your solution involves the word "God" then your opinion is null and void in the real world. You can have as much faith as you like, when you put others at risk because your God is just oh so special and fixes everything you are a waste of carbon.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                “I sent you a pick-up truck, a boat and a helicopter and you refused all of them. What else could I possibly do for you?”
                Blow and ho's??
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This countries education system sucks.
                  I so hope that's a typo...

But in the case of Santorum, educators can fix ignorance, not stupidity. Having seen a fair amount of him over the years, he's just rockhead stupid. It has nothing to do in his case with lack of access to facts. He just lacks the ability to ingest them.

A lima bean in a science classroom still doesn't understand the Krebs Cycle.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 06-01-2017, 06:46 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Well, f-ck, nobody's saying you have to have Trumpies in your home. They're boring, their daughters have meth mouth, and they're lazy and stupid so they don't even make good servants.

They self-segregate anyway. Just stay away from racetracks, white Baptist churches, and trailer parks.
                    Oy. This is is why Democrats are 'elitist' in rural minds.

Comment

**** you trump. He doesn't give a **** because he is a couple of years away from a heart attack anyway.

Comment

Cities Tell Trump to Get Bent

Well Trump has certainly turned this on their head. The GOP cant stop expanding the government and the Dems are going more local to get the job done.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What's also scary on more of a shorter wavelength than climate change is that the US is quickly losing its place in the world. The EU and China are striking deals. They're beginning to wonder if the US needs to be involved.

Sure, Kepler is going to say that this is a good thing, but I'd rather like to maintain our place in the world as a leader. That leadership has gotten us to this point. We are as prosperous as we are because of it.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            What's also scary on more of a shorter wavelength than climate change is that the US is quickly losing its place in the world. The EU and China are striking deals. They're beginning to wonder if the US needs to be involved.

Sure, Kepler is going to say that this is a good thing, but I'd rather like to maintain our place in the world as a leader. That leadership has gotten us to this point. We are as prosperous as we are because of it.
                            It's a problem because we can't be trusted anymore. Obama got an (largely undeserved) Noble Prize because the world was so glad to have adults in Washington. Then bratty teenagers got into Congress and we elected a toddler. Even if we get an adult back in 2020, it's inevitable that it tilts back again as long as the Republicans act like this.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Sure, Kepler is going to say that this is a good thing
                              Show me where I ever said this was a good thing. I say it is a survivable thing. Other places have been the city on the hill before us, and others will after us. Obviously, I'd prefer that we were exceeded by others moving ahead of us, not by us dropping behind. But as long as we don't blow the world up in our death throes we are entirely expendable. We might turn out to be just a rocket booster stage. The only thing that matters is getting the payload safely off this rock before the apes destroy it.
                              Cornell University

Comment

I probably worded it poorly.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X