X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Understood.
    Kep, you know it's a con job (any subject area) when the ABCs are strictly followed.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
      That and "SJW". You'd think "Social Justice" is a positive thing, but you'd be wrong, because 30 year old virgins on reddit use it as an insult.
      When these people yell "virtue signalling!" and "social justice warrior!" they're just repeating their pappy yelling "n-gger lover!"
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When these people yell "virtue signalling!" and "social justice warrior!" they're just repeating their pappy yelling "n-gger lover!"
        So you're a mind reader.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

This is the most useful expression ever created because as soon as somebody uses it you can just put them on Ignore forever, they're an as-swipe.

Seriously, language is a conveyor of meaning and boy does that expression convey meaning.
          Interesting. I had never heard of this before. And if the use of that word doesn’t prove Sic is completely out of his element and doesn’t know sh-t, I actually am aware of the goings on behind the scenes at 3M. Every project that goes forward goes through several approval phases and now each one of those phases asks how can it be more sustainable or green. “Can we spend more to make it use less energy? Reduce solvent usage? Cut water consumption? How much more?

3M also has extremely aggressive water conservation goals which are also asked about on every project. I’ve been involved in leading roles on several. These projects have virtually zero direct monetary payback.

This isn’t some sort of fake signaling of virtue. They put dollars behind this. Lots of dollars. So, sic, you can kindly p-ss right off with your low information replies.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Actually, my favorite description of virtue signaling comes from Wikipedia.

Irony
            A criticism of accusing another person of virtue signalling is that—as Jane Coaston in the The New York Times notes—in doing so ironically one is "trying to signal something about their own values: that they are pragmatic, appropriately cynical, in touch with the painful facts of everyday life".[20] In The Guardian, David Shariatmadari argues that this makes it "indistinguishable from the thing it was designed to call out [reproach]: smug posturing from a position of self-appointed authority".[3] Sam Bowman says of this that "saying virtue signalling is hypocritical. It’s often used to try to show that the accuser is above virtue signalling and that their own arguments really are sincere. Of course, this is really just another example of virtue signalling!".[5]
            That doesn’t sound at all like anyone we know here.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Interesting. I had never heard of this before. And if the use of that word doesn’t prove Sic is completely out of his element and doesn’t know sh-t, I actually am aware of the goings on behind the scenes at 3M. Every project that goes forward goes through several approval phases and now each one of those phases asks how can it be more sustainable or green. “Can we spend more to make it use less energy? Reduce solvent usage? Cut water consumption? How much more?

3M also has extremely aggressive water conservation goals which are also asked about on every project. I’ve been involved in leading roles on several. These projects have virtually zero direct monetary payback.

This isn’t some sort of fake signaling of virtue. They put dollars behind this. Lots of dollars. So, sic, you can kindly p-ss right off with your low information replies.
              As a shareholder I'm happy they do those things to save costs* (i.e. make more profit) and be better neighbors.

But why the press release if not to ... virtue signal.

I'm saying virtue signalling is nothing but self-aggrandizing to an audience, a con. (And that happens in all directions. I bet certain shareholders/investors are told more about the cost savings than the green aspects of this. Same con, other direction. And playing to those folks' virtues, namely profit.)

*Using less, costs less, after the R&D is done. And the R&D is normally a write-off or tax credit.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Actually, my favorite description of virtue signaling comes from Wikipedia.

That doesn’t sound at all like anyone we know here.
                Trust me.
                I have no virtue or virtues.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  As a shareholder I'm happy they do those things to save costs* (i.e. make more profit) and be better neighbors.

But why the press release if not to ... virtue signal.

I'm saying virtue signalling is nothing but self-aggrandizing to an audience, a con. (And that happens in all directions. I bet certain shareholders/investors are told more about the cost savings than the green aspects of this. Same con, other direction. And playing to those folks' virtues, namely profit.)

*Using less, costs less, after the R&D is done. And the R&D is normally a write-off or tax credit.
                  I’ll bet the shareholders don’t give a **** because literally everyone but you and your merry band of knuckledraggers knows that renewable is the future. Just like making sure women are equally represented on the board, protections and benefits are extended to LGBTQ employees, and other benefits that cost money like providing paternity leave in addition to maternity leave. Companies know this is the future which is why so many of the largest companies are signing on to efforts like these.

In fact, I think it was state street that said it was going to start using its enormous holdings to start voting on more progressive causes like equal representation for women.

Xcel Energy is going to provide only 100% renewables by 2050. B-B-B-BUT, THEY’RE VIRTUE SIGNALLING! No, they aren’t. Because they know it’s a better investment in the long run and it’s the right thing to do.

I’ll point this out again.
                  https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/18/u...sions.amp.html

You can choose to live in the Stone Age or you can come with us to the future. Your choice.
                  Code:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Everything's a con.
                    Once you realize that the world makes more sense.
                    You sound like my father-in-law, who had a literal psychopath for a brother and is himself probably somewhere on the sociopathic spectrum.

Comment

So announcing a plan is now virtue signaling? Apparently every press release EVER is a virtue signal...

I am gonna trust Sicatoka on all of this though over the guy who actually works at #M and knows the actual facts.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I am gonna trust Sicatoka on all of this though over the guy who actually works at #M and knows the actual facts.
                        Fool! You're allowing yourself to be brainwashed by someone that is too close to the project!
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          Fool! You're allowing yourself to be brainwashed by someone that is too close to the project!
                          Must be all those EMPs Sica is trying to protect us against

Personally I will wait until the Manilla envelope shows up to prove this was all virtue signalling
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz proposing Minnesota require electricity providers to be 100% renewable by 2050.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...lean-energy-by
                            Code:

Comment

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz proposing Minnesota require electricity providers to be 100% renewable by 2050.

Cue Republican arguments.

Your energy bills will increase. What happens when the sun isn't shining and the wind isn't blowing? Clean Coal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Walz is going for broke on everything and I love it! The fact that it is ticking off the MNGOP is even better
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X