X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    If peeps would stop throwing rocks into the ocean we wouldn’t be in this pickle
    It's the pee, isn't it?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It's the pee, isn't it?
      You guys have this all wrong. The oceans aren't rising. Overpopulation is causing the continents to float lower in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        You guys have this all wrong. The oceans aren't rising. Overpopulation is causing the continents to float lower in the water.
        Oh no. Hank will be right!
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          He tried to warn us.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
            He tried to warn us.
            A true visionary.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...L_PXxOvqpj9FxI

Minnesota is on its way to hitting its renewable energy goals—and it won't cost taxpayers any extra.

A study released Thursday by MN Solar Pathways found that solar could make up 10 percent of the state's electricity by 2025. In addition, the report predicts that as renewable energy costs decrease, Minnesota will be able to produce 70 percent of its power from solar and wind by 2050 at costs comparable to natural gas generation.

Minnesota this year has already hit its renewable electricity standard goal of 25 percent by 2025 using wind, solar, biomass, and hydropower. It's also on course to reach its current solar electricity standard of 1.5 percent by the end of 2020.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Fake News. Bring Back Coal.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Be interesting to know what the % was of each. And if Biomass and Hydro have increased. I'm hoping Maine puts a tax credit back on Solar as I built my shop with the plan of covering that roof with PV. Payback is still over 10 years but maybe not with more tax credits? Hydro is shrinking in Maine and permitting existing is a nightmare which is why it is shrinking. Biomass here has shrunk also.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Solar is so tricky this far north. 30-40 years from now I have faith that we’ll have solved many energy challenges. And I’m really hoping solar is feasible as a supplement this far north on a widespread scale.

I would love to have a house with a solar roof.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Solar is so tricky this far north. 30-40 years from now I have faith that we’ll have solved many energy challenges. And I’m really hoping solar is feasible as a supplement this far north on a widespread scale.

cold and bright sunny day in February make for great PV production as the panel stays cooler and produces more energy. Trouble for me here is November December January. Might as well cover panels with a tarp.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Storage storage storage. Like to see the day where we pay a monthly fee to be connected to the power company and the power company barely ever had to produce anything.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          cold and bright sunny day in February make for great PV production as the panel stays cooler and produces more energy. Trouble for me here is November December January. Might as well cover panels with a tarp.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Yeah, but the solar intensity this late in the year even at peak sunlight is but a fraction of that in the southern US.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Storage storage storage. Like to see the day where we pay a monthly fee to be connected to the power company and the power company barely ever had to produce anything.
                          That’s not feasible. Steam-based generators need to run all the time to be efficient. Startup and shutdown are too costly.

Maybe in 100 years w can get to decentralization. But by then I would hope to have fusion be economical.
                          Code:

Comment

Yeah, but the solar intensity this late in the year even at peak sunlight is but a fraction of that in the southern US.

That’s not feasible. Steam-based generators need to run all the time to be efficient. Startup and shutdown are too costly.

Maybe in 100 years w can get to decentralization. But by then I would hope to have fusion be economical.
                            That's fine. Then produce the minimum to keep the engine running.

Comment

It’s not really that easy.
                              Code:

Comment

It’s not really that easy.
                                Fine. Then let's go coal. We have tons of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X