Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1004

Thread: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

  1. #981
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,141

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    I just heard of “ok, boomer” a week ago.
    I’m now sick and tired of it.

  2. #982

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    69,485

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I just heard of “ok, boomer” a week ago.
    I’m now sick and tired of it.
    Same here.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  3. #983
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,516

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    As someone who has to hear “you d*** millennials are ruining everything!” from boomer coworkers who refuse to retire and are keeping younger workers from their full time slots, “ok, boomer” is fantastic.

  4. #984
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,141

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    The problem is, millennials ARE ruining things. We all are. It’s called evolving tastes.

    Instead of 30-year-olds acting like children, maybe try another approach. Because it makes us all look bad. This kind of petulant standoffishness isn’t doing any good.

    Planet melts, student loans destroy country. But hey, at least you got your sick burn in!

  5. #985

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    24,287

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    Why does Gen X get a free pass for sitting on their hands with their thumbs up their a**es?

  6. #986
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,141

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    They don’t get a pass. We’re all responsible.

  7. #987

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    69,485

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    Generational collective identity is even more idiotic than racial or gender collective identity.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  8. #988
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,799

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I just heard of “ok, boomer” a week ago.
    I’m now sick and tired of it.

  9. #989
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,141

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    Bahahahaha

    Yes. I was thinking that thing gets ****canned as soon as the parents start using it.
    Millennials have to be hip. At least social media types do. Can’t be hip if dad says it.

  10. #990
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    19,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Generational collective identity is even more idiotic than racial or gender collective identity.
    We've had this discussion before, and you're wrong.

    Your position assumes all sufficiently large groups of people would act the same way under similar circumstances. Which is horse hockey.

  11. #991
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Why does Gen X get a free pass for sitting on their hands with their thumbs up their a**es?
    Because we never had the numbers to do anything. At our peak we were only a fraction of the Boomers, plus we had to deal with the remaining members of the Greatest Generation which, no matter how great they were, still came from a time where it was acceptable to lynch ******s

    Now we're third behind both Boomers and Millennials, and will soon be smaller than the Zoomers.

    That's why we get a pass.

    ETA: How in the **** have we not banned THAT word yet? Yikes.
    Last edited by ticapnews; 11-06-2019 at 09:27 PM.

  12. #992
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,066

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    Wow, I can’t say d a m n but the n word isn’t bleeped here

  13. #993
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Wow, I can’t say d a m n but the n word isn’t bleeped here
    I'm on mobile so I can't flag it, but it would be nifty if someone could report that post so I remember to ban that word when I get home. Thanks.

  14. #994
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,918

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    I'm on mobile so I can't flag it, but it would be nifty if someone could report that post so I remember to ban that word when I get home. Thanks.
    I've c/p Wu-Tang lyrics, and that word hasn't been banned.

    DONE.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  15. #995
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,247

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    I'm not sure how "OK boomer" got traction in the first place. It's honestly not all that clever, and it seems too juvenile to be wielded as some sort of decisive stroke that can be the last word in a conversation.

    But it seems to hit the magic line of code in people's brains that drives them up a wall, and to be honest after 4+ years of being called "snowflake" there's some schadenfreude in seeing people lose their fool heads over it.

    /I just wanted to use the word "schadenfreude"
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  16. #996
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    74,543

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    I'm not sure how "OK boomer" got traction in the first place. It's honestly not all that clever, and it seems too juvenile to be wielded as some sort of decisive stroke that can be the last word in a conversation.

    But it seems to hit the magic line of code in people's brains that drives them up a wall, and to be honest after 4+ years of being called "snowflake" there's some schadenfreude in seeing people lose their fool heads over it.

    /I just wanted to use the word "schadenfreude"
    Good comparison. It sounds a lot like "snowflake" which has effectively blown up in everyone's face that ever used it.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  17. #997

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    69,485

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    But it seems to hit the magic line of code in people's brains that drives them up a wall
    This is perfectly put.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  18. #998

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    69,485

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    I'm on mobile so I can't flag it, but it would be nifty if someone could report that post so I remember to ban that word when I get home. Thanks.
    We are banning words here on purpose? **

    My assumption has always been words are banned because the site has to deal with the idiocy of people who can't handle words. It's a bug, not a feature. The banning of words should never be countenanced by anyone who has any choice in the matter. Usage is what matters. Posters who use words in a hurtful manner can be banned. Words themselves are tools in the language. Profane and triggering words are particularly powerful. I'm with Chuck D. on *******. It has a meaning that's important.

    And there it is. Banned. Bad choice, board. You have done a disservice today. **

    * Note, that word was: n i g g e r

    ** Upon reading ticap's response,

    Last edited by Kepler; 11-07-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  19. #999
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    We are banning words here on purpose?

    My assumption has always been words are banned because the site has to deal with the idiocy of people who can't handle words. It's a bug, not a feature. The banning of words should never be countenanced by anyone who has any choice in the matter. Usage is what matters. Posters who use words in a hurtful manner can be banned. Words themselves are tools in the language. Profane and triggering words are particularly powerful. I'm with Chuck D. on *******. It has a meaning that's important.

    And there it is. Banned. Bad choice, board. You have done a disservice today.

    * Note, that word was: n i g g e r
    Don't blame us, blame Google. Any word that sets off the Google Ad sense trigger gets flagged. Otherwise this site gets turned off and ad revenue stops flowing. If you'd like to have the site be censor-free feel free to email the folks who run the site and ask them how big your donation should be.

  20. #1000

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    69,485

    Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Don't blame us, blame Google. Any word that sets off the Google Ad sense trigger gets flagged. Otherwise this site gets turned off and ad revenue stops flowing. If you'd like to have the site be censor-free feel free to email the folks who run the site and ask them how big your donation should be.
    Oh OK. So the word ban is in self-defense. That's good, then. I have **ed OP below.

    Does d a m n really set it off? That is so lame. I'm pretty sure cockgobbler is still okay.
    Last edited by Kepler; 11-07-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •