Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

The Nooks give up a goal with a minute left in the game and fall 4-3.
    But a good effort and third period by the Nooks. You win some, you lose some.

Comment

Is there any game night score board that is even close to being reliable?
      WCHA, CNN, and USCHO are a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
        I follow the WCHA teams on twitter. Those are usually pretty reliable.

Comment

Boards were all seemingly an hour behind for WCHA scores last night. I ended up flipping around on WCHA.tv to do some score hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
            I follow the WCHA teams on twitter. Those are usually pretty reliable.
            Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            Boards were all seemingly an hour behind for WCHA scores last night. I ended up flipping around on WCHA.tv to do some score hunting.
            Saturday night was particularly bad, and I read a little blurb about certain arenas using a certain system as a reason.
            But throughout the season WCHA and CNN have not been that reliable, which doesn't seem to make a lot of sense in "this day and age."
            Twitter is usually the best bet, if you find what you're looking for and not buried in an avalanche of tweets.
            I guess my expectations of arena technology are just too high.

Comment

I'm fairly sure that most everyone is getting the data from the same source(s) these days, namely collegehockeystats.net.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                I'm fairly sure that most everyone is getting the data from the same source(s) these days, namely collegehockeystats.net.

GFM
                Well it's funny that CHN has a lot better numbers than USCHO does, if it indeed is the same source. BTW , Alaska is a good team. The record is not representative of how good they play.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Well it's funny that CHN has a lot better numbers than USCHO does, if it indeed is the same source. BTW , Alaska is a good team. The record is not representative of how good they play.
                  Our problem is we are thin on the blue line and inexperienced in goal. I see that as the main reason we can’t hold a blasted lead to save our lives.

As a shining example, we had leads both nights at SCSU early this season (including up 3-0 the first game) and blew it both times.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

So we have a game tonight against a Michigan pharmaceutical college. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that winning will help our position in the standings.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

FSU is not fancy. They throw the puck on net and go hard to the crease. They earn what they get. They typically outwork everyone.
                      Be the exception. Outwork FSU this weekend on home ice. Don't let them get that half step going to the crease.
                      We need these points.

Go Nooks!

Comment

FSU is not fancy. They throw the puck on net and go hard to the crease. They earn what they get. They typically outwork everyone.
                        Be the exception. Outwork FSU this weekend on home ice. Don't let them get that half step going to the crease.
                        We need these points.

Go Nooks!
                        ... and when playing them, keep your head up and eyes open after the whistle blows.

Comment

Nanooks win! A great game by the whole team, coming from behind a couple times and not giving up. Our penalty kill was not good once again, but thankfully after the first period we stayed out of the box except for a few offsetting penalties. The first power play for us was crazy, hitting the post 3 times in one minute. It’s fun to look back at as long as you win the game! Let’s complete the sweep, with a win we can move above Ferris and potentially Huntsville with games in hand.

Comment

Nanooks win!! First conference sweep of the year, now to continue playing like this next week at Northern Michigan. This is the time to get hot as we head into the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                              Nanooks win!! First conference sweep of the year, now to continue playing like this next week at Northern Michigan. This is the time to get hot as we head into the playoffs.
                              First conference sweep at home. We swept Anchorage in December.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                First conference sweep at home. We swept Anchorage in December.
                                Oh yes, how could I forget that. How about this was our first sweep against a team with at least 5 wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X