Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Yeah, it's still early but I am happy with the effort being put out there by the team. Considering we've played the #1 and #2 teams in the Pairwise and kept the games relatively close aside from a crappy 3rd period this Friday, I expect we start to see the positive results they've been working towards. (Hopefully this week against UAA!)
    In all fairness, I highly doubt Air Force is going to be #2 at the end of the season when it counts. But it underscores just how huge getting a win over either of those teams would have been, not just for us but for the WCHA.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Bar Down View Post
      Was good to see forwards scoring. Really like Hoper, Janny and Herdt's play especially on Saturday night. Team battled hard. Was resilient despite being the "lesser" team per TV announcers. Liked the physical play. Would like to see more particularly as we match up against super skilled teams. All in all, respectable weekend. A win would have been icing on the cake. Came very close... just wasn't in the cards.

If we can continue to elevate our play, I really like our chances in the conference.
      The “lesser team” comment was comical. Gotta love homer annnouncers on regional television.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by Bar Down View Post
        Ranked #30 PairWise I don't know their formula, but hey I'll take 30 http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/
        No kidding, thought was playing #9/12 was hot ****e. No, #1/2 is.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          Moral victories aside, 0-3-1 is not where you want to be to start the season. In many respects I’m more disappointed with the Air Force series than I am St. Cloud. The Air Force games were the types of games you just have to win when you’re playing at home. Against SCSU I think we actually did a good job forcing them to respond to our game, not the other way around, particularly on Saturday and in a tough road environment all weekend.

Regarding Frye, it’s tough when the major misconducts happen because he is more of an impact player than Erickson was. It’s easy as a fan to say he should knock it off, but at this point my biggest concern with him is reputation penalties.

The UAA games this weekend seem like a crapshoot...both of these teams are (or should be) desperate for a W.
          Watch us tie both games, since it's non-conference would it go to a shoot-out?
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            Watch us tie both games, since it's non-conference would it go to a shoot-out?
            I think it would be WCHA rules since both games are in WCHA venues. At least it was in the AF series...we “won” in double OT even though it was officially a tie for NCAA purposes.

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              Coach should probably sit Frye out Friday night. Taking cheap 5 minute majors in third periods in close games is no way to show leadership.
              I'm pretty sure he's sitting anyway because in the 2nd game, they gave him a 10 minute game misconduct as well.

http://collegehockeystats.net/1718/g...t/makfstc1.o14

Comment

This is purely conjecture on my part, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see DellaMaggiore start one of the games weekend. Martinsson has been better than his numbers might suggest, but it’s the last chance to get a look at Niko before conference play and coaches may decide they need a little extra spark.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  This is purely conjecture on my part, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see DellaMaggiore start one of the games weekend. Martinsson has been better than his numbers might suggest, but it’s the last chance to get a look at Niko before conference play and coaches may decide they need a little extra spark.
                  It is still an important weekend with it being Gov Cup but I agree the spark may be needed. I would like to see Niko get a chance to show us what he's got though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bar Down View Post
                    I'm pretty sure he's sitting anyway because in the 2nd game, they gave him a 10 minute game misconduct as well.

http://collegehockeystats.net/1718/g...t/makfstc1.o14
                    Usually hard boarding or checking from behind results in an automatic five-minute major penalty, a game misconduct, and the player being ejected from the game. A game misconduct does not result in the player missing the subsequent game. If severe enough the player can be assessed a game disqualification (DQ), resulting in the player being ejected from the game and suspended for one or more subsequent games.

I would not be surprised to see DellaMaggiore in net this weekend either. But I don't think the boys need a spark. We should have had done better against AF, and although we were the "lesser team" against SCSU, we put ourselves in position to get points and came away empty. The pairwise not only doesn't mean anything at this point, it is sooo misleading. It's like saying that the average daily temp for Fairbanks for the winter of 2017-18 is +42 degrees, on track track to break all time record highs. But then someone points out that it's only October. Bummer.

Mantha always makes it closer than it should be, but I think we take two this weekend. I don't think Lance despises UAA as much as Dallas, but most our boys return from last year and already have that hated rivalry thing figured out.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                      I don't think Lance despises UAA as much as Dallas, but most our boys return from last year and already have that hated rivalry thing figured out.

Go Nooks!
                      Very easy to hate UAA
                      "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        I think it would be WCHA rules since both games are in WCHA venues. At least it was in the AF series...we “won” in double OT even though it was officially a tie for NCAA purposes.
                        Wait what, double OT?

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                          Wait what, double OT?
                          3 on 3 OT after the first OT. Whatever you want to call it.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            3 on 3 OT after the first OT. Whatever you want to call it.
                            some more ccha crapola........
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              some more ccha crapola........
                              Yeah, the CCHA never did that.

Comment

I'm trying to help a friend track down a couple of jerseys. Does anyone have or know of a UAF Colton Parayko jersey that they might be interested in parting with?

Comment

Working...
                                X