X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by Bradz View Post
    What happens to Lance now I wonder?
    He removed himself from consideration after the Brekke debacle. Can’t say I blame him. I’m sure he will pop up somewhere next season.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Guy never coached Juniors. He was coaching minor league pro with the Fresno Falcons of the West Coast Hockey League, which would later merge with the ECHL. Coincidentally, six years after Gadowsky left Fresno for Fairbanks, Matt Thomas (the now former UAA Coach) took over as head coach of the Falcons.
      Interesting; I never made that connection between Gadz and Thomas before. Interesting that Gadowsky had/has so much success in college while Thomas flopped. One of the knocks on Thomas was he didn’t have the skill set to run a college program compared to a pro team. Although Gadowsky started in Fairbanks about 18 years ago now...different time back then.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        Interesting; I never made that connection between Gadz and Thomas before. Interesting that Gadowsky had/has so much success in college while Thomas flopped. One of the knocks on Thomas was he didn’t have the skill set to run a college program compared to a pro team. Although Gadowsky started in Fairbanks about 18 years ago now...different time back then.
        Gads never had his recruiting efforts submerged by the potential death of his program. It’s really a shame the effect that had on both Alaska progams. Not fair to either Matt or Dallas.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Thomas was sub .500 in the ECHL.
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            Thomas was sub .500 in the ECHL.
            He was 342-225-80 for a .564 winning percentage and never had a season under .500
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              He was 342-225-80 for a .564 winning percentage and never had a season under .500
              Yeah, he never had a losing season until he came to UAA.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Gads never had his recruiting efforts submerged by the potential death of his program. It’s really a shame the effect that had on both Alaska progams. Not fair to either Matt or Dallas.
                It still has an effect even though it’s a moot point now. Plenty of programs are using it as a negative recruiting tool against us. Is what it is...it’ll pass.

Comment

It still has an effect even though it’s a moot point now. Plenty of programs are using it as a negative recruiting tool against us. Is what it is...it’ll pass.
                  What Erik said was very promising. He said they are fully funded with 18 full scholarships and an increase in salaries for assistant coaches. He pointed out that the administration fully supports the program and Dr. Champagne said whoever they bring on as the new AD, will be fully aware that Erik plans to be here long term and has a 4 year contract.

I’m sure a lot of it is for reassurance but it worked for me and I am anxious to see how Erik will lead this team.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                    What Erik said was very promising. He said they are fully funded with 18 full scholarships and an increase in salaries for assistant coaches. He pointed out that the administration fully supports the program and Dr. Champagne said whoever they bring on as the new AD, will be fully aware that Erik plans to be here long term and has a 4 year contract.

I’m sure a lot of it is for reassurance but it worked for me and I am anxious to see how Erik will lead this team.
                    Is the head coach getting a raise as well? Cause if he's only making $100,000 that means the assistants are still under paid.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      Is the head coach getting a raise as well? Cause if he's only making $100,000 that means the assistants are still under paid.
                      If he’s getting close to what we offered Brekke, he’s doing just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Local discount?
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          What did they offer Brekke?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            What did they offer Brekke?
                            4 year supply of fire wood.
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                              4 year supply of fire wood.
                              Ahhhh. That's why he didn't take the job! Fairbanks has some of the worst air pollution in the country.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Interview with Largen

https://youtu.be/-0XUjeWLZGI
                                Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X