Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    To what extent will the new compensation agreement have an impact on whether some college-eligible players decide to redshirt or join the national team
    I am not an expert but what I remember from previous discussions is Athletes can get expenses paid for by the United States Olympic Committee to cover development training, coaching, facility usage, equipment, apparel, supplies, comprehensive health insurance, travel, and room and board. Also, expenses for Olympic tours and exhibitions are allowed as long as the athlete doesn't miss class time or conflict with university competition. Athletes can receive apparel, clothes, footwear and other commemorative items for participating in the Olympics or International championships. People or companies can provide expenses and "non-monetary" benefits to an athlete's family to attend national team competitions.

> Any guesses as to how many of the current Olympians will be back in 2022?[/QUOTE]

I would guess Marvin may not return.
    Kessel seems to have lost something since all the injuries so while I would love to see her play again my guess is she may leave on a golden note
    Duggan and Bellamy are 30 so I would expect them to return

Those are the oldest (I think) but it is tough for a woman to put the rest of life on hold for 4 years & play even for the better money currently offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      There's all kinds of different philosophies for a shootout strategy. You would think you would not want to waste one of your best shooters by leaving them till the end and possibly never getting a chance. But, I've seen in soccer shootouts just that happening all the time.
      Frost mentioned that the team ends Thursday practices with a shootout competition. I get the impression if there is a shootout required that weekend those results may influence his choices. Maybe The Olympic team does something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        Frost mentioned that the team ends Thursday practices with a shootout competition. I get the impression if there is a shootout required that weekend those results may influence his choices. Maybe The Olympic team does something similar?
        I'm sure they do.

Heck, way back when I was on my high school soccer team, we had penalty kick competitions during practice. Whoever finished on top, no matter what type of player you were, were the ones selected if a penalty kick was called during the game. I actually finished second. The problem was, I hardly played. Like I said, it didn't matter what type of player you were. If you won the competition and were in the game when a penalty kick was called, you got to take it.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by timsoon
          Usually, professional sport is not permanent work as you need to be on role if you are playing. After 30 years old it is not so easy, as you want to have a family, your business. The priorities are changing. That's why during sport career is important to enter the university and get a degree. There are different online services https://essaypro.com/write-my-essay.html that can help with any kind of home assignments. They even can give you support and assistance for studying at university.
          After all my years on the Olympic hockey team, I'm glad someone has finally told me something that would help me move my life forward. 1952 was a long time ago.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Saw on E$PN crawl that the Four Nations Tournanent has been canceled for this year.

Reason - Swedish WNT is essentially on strike.
            Last edited by joecct; 09-13-2019, 07:24 PM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/rm...es/c-310921386

I’m sure there’s a newer thread but I can’t find it.. here’s a nice story on RMU alum McLaughlin Bittle who coaches team USA goalies now. I’ll be going to the Friday night game in Pittsburgh, excited to watch my first woho game live of the year.

Comment

Working...
              X