Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Originally posted by Nosmo King View Post
    Rumor has it that there may be some violations regarding practices during exam week. Can anyone confirm?
    Don't believe that is an NCAA rule (hey I been wrong before)...it would be a university rule that was violated (if so)
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/reports/...AW_SEARCH_VIEW

Based on that, they could practice during that time (according to NCAA rules) but most schools ban practicing.

Comment

Wayyyyyy too much time on the PK in the second.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Trophy!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

The AHC teams play tough against the friars. Needed some big saves by Hawkey.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
              The AHC teams play tough against the friars. Needed some big saves by Hawkey.
              Robert Morris is a strong team from Atlantic. Last year, RMU won that tourney with BC, Ferris State, and Quinnipiac there. Also, Air Force played pretty well in the Providence Regional last year. Still don’t get how PC was so flat on Saturday vs RIT.

Comment

Friars are guilty of too many offensive zone and neutral zone penalties. Principal culprits are Conway. Kavannaugh, and Sukarmaran.

Comment

Mayor's Cup game tonight at Schneider. Brown is a better team this year than last, expect a dog fight. Need to close out the OOC with a win to keep PWR where it is (a win does nothing in going up but will be a killer if lose).

Don't expect a big crowd with no students, the bball guys are playing at the Dunk appx same time and game is on local Cox network.

Comment

[QUOTE=73PCFriar;6579464

Don't expect a big crowd with no students, the bball guys are playing at the Dunk appx same time and game is on local Cox network.[/QUOTE]

This was the only night it the game could be played? Seriously??? PC does not give a rat's *** about hockey. PC Hoop is king and it's a joke the way Athletics treats the scheduling of games. I'm out on BI so I can't go tonight with school tomorrow but the fact that PC scheduled both hockey and hoop for the same night is ridiculous. Marquette at the Dunk=far less fans at Schneider tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                      This was the only night it the game could be played? Seriously??? PC does not give a rat's *** about hockey. PC Hoop is king and it's a joke the way Athletics treats the scheduling of games. I'm out on BI so I can't go tonight with school tomorrow but the fact that PC scheduled both hockey and hoop for the same night is ridiculous. Marquette at the Dunk=far less fans at Schneider tonight.
                      Brown has a hoops game tonight too. Both athletic departments really screwed this one up. Is there a reason it couldn't have been played on Friday, which both teams have off?? I usually try my best to make the Mayor's Cup every year, but I work north of Boston and there's just no way I'm braving rush hour traffic on a Wednesday to get down to Schneider.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                        Brown has a hoops game tonight too. Both athletic departments really screwed this one up. Is there a reason it couldn't have been played on Friday, which both teams have off??
                        Do not bring your logic here.

I guess we're not alone in having an Athletic Department that makes bizarre decisions on a whim.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          Do not bring your logic here.

I guess we're not alone in having an Athletic Department that makes bizarre decisions on a whim.
                          Well, Jack Hayes is a PC alum, after all!

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                            Well, Jack Hayes is a PC alum, after all!
                            Friars played an excellent hockey game, Superb D and PK.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                              Friars played an excellent hockey game, Superb D and PK.
                              Indeed. Clearly the better team, though it pains me to see how poorly coached Brown is. The talent disparity between the programs certainly exists, but it’s not wide enough to account for back-to-back demolitions. That falls on the Brown coaching staff. It’s sad that this series has become so one-sided.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                                Indeed. Clearly the better team, though it pains me to see how poorly coached Brown is. The talent disparity between the programs certainly exists, but it’s not wide enough to account for back-to-back demolitions. That falls on the Brown coaching staff. It’s sad that this series has become so one-sided.
                                PC was very passive in this game...way too much passing and not enough shooting. PC had a 3 on 1 tonight and didn't even get a shot off. Guys need to shoot more when in high scoring areas and stop with making the cutesy pass all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X