Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Is anyone able to find the broadcast schedule for the three rivers tournament? Thanks !

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Anyone hear anything about some sort of coaching issue that made these players leave the team?

Comment

No, it's not uncommon for players of any program to leave, transfer, go play juniors or ushl.
        Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
          No, it's not uncommon for players of any program to leave, transfer, go play juniors or ushl.
          MCMahon, the CHN/Merrimack writer tweeted yesterday about that when Bear left UMass. Noted Ryzcek, Campoli-BC and even the Cockerill situation, plus 2 RPI guys and rumors of more

In Zieky’s case he was a walk on so possibly he read the situation being he’s not in line for much playing time. With no sit out (he’s junior aged out) I wouldn’t be surprised to find him on a D3 roster in a week or so as most resume play next weekend.

Ryzcek might raise the question of Borek’s eye for talent as Ryzcek is the kid who tagged along with Borek when he arrived. I’m not sure exactly sure what role Borek and Mayotte play in recruiting because Mayotte is seemingly thought highly of as he is currently in his 2nd stint as assistant on World Junior team and I thought Mayotte had a bigger role recruiting the year Miller was here. In other words I don’t know who id’d/was the lead on the freshman class and the future recruits(A couple in the pipeline I believe were id’d by Barr, Mirageas I believe signed on year Miller was here)

Better phrase might be question if Borek can I’d the players who play the system Leaman wants.
          Last edited by cavbim; 12-29-2017, 11:41 AM.
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o9_QopCLew

Friars-Arizona State Three rivers classic airing on Youtube at 4:30 today.

Comment

AWesome, thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosmo King View Post
                Anyone hear anything about some sort of coaching issue that made these players leave the team?
                Been going on for awhile with Leaman at Providence...drafted players are consistently quitting the program with his YO-YO lineup system.

Even the lineup today is NUTS. He has Vinny dressed over Baum (Is he injured?). Vinny has no business being in the lineup.
                Last edited by The Zlax45; 12-29-2017, 03:10 PM.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                  MCMahon, the CHN/Merrimack writer tweeted yesterday about that when Bear left UMass. Noted Ryzcek, Campoli-BC and even the Cockerill situation, plus 2 RPI guys and rumors of more

In Zieky’s case he was a walk on so possibly he read the situation being he’s not in line for much playing time. With no sit out (he’s junior aged out) I wouldn’t be surprised to find him on a D3 roster in a week or so as most resume play next weekend.

Ryzcek might raise the question of Borek’s eye for talent as Ryzcek is the kid who tagged along with Borek when he arrived. I’m not sure exactly sure what role Borek and Mayotte play in recruiting because Mayotte is seemingly thought highly of as he is currently in his 2nd stint as assistant on World Junior team and I thought Mayotte had a bigger role recruiting the year Miller was here. In other words I don’t know who id’d/was the lead on the freshman class and the future recruits(A couple in the pipeline I believe were id’d by Barr, Mirageas I believe signed on year Miller was here)

Better phrase might be question if Borek can I’d the players who play the system Leaman wants.
                  Borek lost out on Jordan Kawaguchi to North Dakota....

Comment

PC up 1-0 after about 5 mins in as Foley took a wrist shot from about 10 feet out uncovered...Arizona State has struggled to get the puck out of their end of the rink. Domination by PC but the Sun Devils have one good player in the goalie.

Comment

1-0 after a period in favor of Providence. PC played well for the first ten minutes dominating possession while it was maybe slightly in favor of Arizona State for the final ten minutes.

Comment

Pinho makes it 2-0 about midway through the second with a one timer down low!

Comment

Crowd looks about the same or smaller on average for Friars home games. Understandable, but man that is depressing. Great hockey between this and the USA juniors game on NHLN.

Comment

RMU announcers keep referring to PC as the “College Fraiars”. I like it.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              Been going on for awhile with Leaman at Providence...drafted players are consistently quitting the program with his YO-YO lineup system.

Even the lineup today is NUTS. He has Vinny dressed over Baum (Is he injured?). Vinny has no business being in the lineup.
                              Regarding Kawaguchi I assume that you heard the same thing I did at games that someone (Duhaime, Conway, possibly Bjorkqvist-I’d guess Conway)were id’d as better fits and that Borek didn’t like Kawaguchi’s game thus he became a casualty of Miller leaving.

For the above with Bryson in particular being undersized but no real size in general on defense Desharnais balances that out. Add in there clearly is leadership qualities (I’m guessing he has a good chance to be captain next year ). I think issue with Vinny is he’s being asked to be the #4 guy instead of the 5, possibly 6. Whether it was Ryzcek or a guy who had a better defensive side to his game (the scuttlebutt being that was what Ryzcek didn’t seem to have)—they needed to slot into that spot (probably how they envision where either Callahan or Ehrnberg slot next year). It’s also possible Davis slots as 5 and they had hoped with age/experience he could be more in PC’s system (and maybe he will be with a semester under his belt). To me Baum is okay if not overextended best as a fill in if someone isn’t 100% but not good enough to say definitively he’s a starter. I’m curious where Bunz ends up slotting in, as such a late pickup is it reasonable to expect he is a true replacement for Ryzcek. As a side note Bunz coming should open more responsibility for his former Cen Iillinois teammate Callahan back in the USHL
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Rumor has it that there may be some violations regarding practices during exam week. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Working...
                                X