Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Pinho was a +1 tonight in a game when the team scored SEVEN even strength goals and gave up one even strength goal.
    Only because the stat team at PC messed up who was on the ice on Foley’s goal. They mistakenly thought Ryzcek was on ice (16 mistaken for 26) Meaning they gave a plus to 3 Dmen , Vinny, Davis and Ryzcek.
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Heading out for the game now. Expecting a light crowd though PC has promised something about free food in the pavilion. Should be able to get a seat close to the PC bench so I can bend Leaman's ear about putting his golden boy in the lineup tonight and riding Hawkey into the ground. If I had thought of it earlier I'd have just borrowed my cousin's Habs jersey and tried to kidnap Hawkey after the game to save him from being ruined. Adios!
      Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
        Heading out for the game now. Expecting a light crowd though PC has promised something about free food in the pavilion. Should be able to get a seat close to the PC bench so I can bend Leaman's ear about putting his golden boy in the lineup tonight and riding Hawkey into the ground. If I had thought of it earlier I'd have just borrowed my cousin's Habs jersey and tried to kidnap Hawkey after the game to save him from being ruined. Adios!
        Nice performance tonight! A good ole whopping from a team that hadn’t won a non-conference game all season!
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
          Wearing out a goalie in college where tops you play 40 games over 6 months is just a groundless gripe. If at 22 Hawkey hasn’t learned to handle that work load he should give up any dream of playing pro. Not only that top goalies get 40 games in juniors and between playing travel teams high school/prep even a 16 year old like Aslandis got into around 40 games last year

Now if you want to argue Mollot-Hill should at least have a start under his belt in case something happens to Hawkey I will at least acknowledge it has merit. However remember this it does not appear Mollot-Hill is ever slated to be #1 as Kucharski seems to be set up to replace Hawkey. Further Mollot-Hill was the lesser part of the goalie rotation in juniors—The other half is the guy who couldn’t pass Merrimack’s number 3 guy from last year and who has way less minutes then Mollot-Hill.
          The book is still out on Kucharski who has a 3.48 GAA and a save percentage of .891 in the USHL this year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            Nice performance tonight! A good ole whopping from a team that hadn’t won a non-conference game all season!
            Scorching analysis from our very own blind squirrel.
            Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
              Scorching analysis from our very own blind squirrel.
              While that is true but the blind squirrel got his nut tonight. RIT threw them off their game early, the pp was lost and they made countless passes onto RIT’s stick
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                The book is still out on Kucharski who has a 3.48 GAA and a save percentage of .891 in the USHL this year.
                I actually agree a bit on that. I do know Des Moines in 7 out of 8th in their conference and only 3 teams have less points and in general they are one of the worst defensive teams but some of that is him which is why I agree the jury is out. Note though he is CSB ranked, made prospect game and is on the WJAC team.
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

While that is true but the blind squirrel got his nut tonight. RIT threw them off their game early, the pp was lost and they made countless passes onto RIT’s stick
                  The PP wasn’t good on Friday also...they scored on a five on three in that game.

The second and third goals tonight were the direct results of defensemen falling down over their own two skates. This is at least the third time this has happened this year (Davis vs Merrimack) and third different player. Really concerning that players are having problems skating backwards at this level.

Comment

I actually agree a bit on that. I do know Des Moines in 7 out of 8th in their conference and only 3 teams have less points and in general they are one of the worst defensive teams but some of that is him which is why I agree the jury is out. Note though he is CSB ranked, made prospect game and is on the WJAC team.
                    Even the NAHL numbers are meh with a 3.31 GAA and a sub .900 save percentage. We will see maybe he will develop.

Comment

I think they drop out of the top 10 when the poll is released later today. Maybe 12th? How far do you think they will drop (if at all)?

Comment

12/13 sounds about right, and I've not yet looked if the rankings were released yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                          12/13 sounds about right, and I've not yet looked if the rankings were released yet...
                          11. Women are actually ranked higher at 8. When has that ever happened.
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

11. Women are actually ranked higher at 8. When has that ever happened.
                            Probably in the late 90’s and early 2000’s

Comment

Ron Wilson inducted into USHoF, again
                              https://www.nhl.com/news/ron-wilson-...on/c-293842070

Comment

WJAC USA team got a shutout win with Kucharski making 14 saves. On to the finals Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X