The 2017 What-If-All-Sixty-Teams-Made-The-Tournament Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2017 What-If-All-Sixty-Teams-Made-The-Tournament Bracket

This is something I do for fun every year, and I felt like it'd be neat to share with everyone here, even if only to see who people think I screwed as a one-man tournament committee.

This is a 60-team NCAA Hockey Tournament bracket, similar to the 64-team bracket used in NCAA basketball. Here are The Rules™ for how I seeded teams.

1. All 60 teams make the tournament.
    2. Conference tournament and regular-season champions are rewarded with top seeds.
    a. Playoff champions are guaranteed spots 1-6.
    b. Regular-season champions are guaranteed spots 7-12.
    c. Should a team win both the regular-season and conference title, the conference tournament runner-up is given the spot reserved for the conference regular season champion.
    d. From there, seeds 1-6 and 7-12 are sorted by the Pairwise.
    3. The remaining teams are seeded from 13-60 by Pairwise, with ties in Pairwise broken by RPI.
    4. Seeds 1-16 will host the first two rounds of the tournament.
    5. Teams are sorted according to rank, with the highest seed set against the lowest seed, etc.
    a. The top four teams each get a bye, as there are no 61-64 seeds.
    6. There can be no in-conference first-round matchups. Teams will be moved to guarantee this, but no seedings within each group of 8 can change (i.e. a team that's in the 6-spot in a group of 8 can only be swapped for another 6).
    7. Without corrupting the integrity of the bracket, moves can be made to help attendance and/or limit travel.

So, without further ado, here's the link to the bracket! Teams are even color-coded by conference for your convenience.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7S1AkIVwAA16Ha.jpg
    Last edited by AICJacketsVoice; 03-19-2017, 11:24 AM.

Re: The 2017 What-If-All-Sixty-Teams-Made-The-Tournament Bracket

Fun idea, but Amherst shouldn't be allowed in any tourni
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Would love to see this if for no other reason but to remind the world that athletes can play as a team for 4 years, and work together, rather than a one and done factory like Kentucky last year! Also to let people see how great hockey is!😉

Comment

love it.. sport desperately needs it.
        maybe not 60 but a # def higher than 16..

would make for some great games & opponent/s, teams do not face. would be a blast for hardcore fans for sure, not to mention the players.

did i mention.. i love it.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

You want a 60-team tourney? The 57 that were in this year's isn't enough??
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

We get to determine where everyone goes?

I don't like this idea. Heck, I don't even like the idea of all teams making the league postseason.

Comment

Real old timers would love the Union-RIT matchup. They had some classics back in the 80s.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                You want a 60-team tourney? The 57 that were in this year's isn't enough??
                I think we should cancel the "regular season" and have a series of tournaments.

Comment

You mean UNH can get in? Sweet! Am all for it...
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    I think we should cancel the "regular season" and have a series of tournaments.
                    I personally would like to announce the Alaska FU. The biggest tourney deserves to be played in the biggest state, seriously Alaska is bigger than the top three states behind us, combined. All hockey teams are allowed, however the first team to complain of our port-a-potty's in your "dressing room" plays without D. Having trouble finding parking, I will be providing an Uber like service. I only listen to Christian Metal, seriously it actually sounds good-RED is my go to. Run into a moose, pet it, and fly home for free. Courtesy of "Alaska" Airlines. Any team that has more fans than UAA during a game, pays the rent for that night (it's only fair I mean your taking up most of the "arena"). Hike up Flat Top without taking a break, get a coupon for one penalty negated. For any team that elicits a response from our "crowd", get's a free dance at the Bush. Underage you say, well have a free O'Doul's at Sin Rock. Anybody that sits in the upper "bowl" gets a free meal, at the taco stand near the main entrance. And please do not fight over seating, it's General Admission folks.

Jim Johnsen I would like my $5 million for saving UAA hockey, I know this kind of tourney would only make $2.5 million. But that's just how Juneau works.
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

AIC or bust. Currently said while wearing their jersey.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        AIC or bust. Currently said while wearing their jersey.
                        I like the way you think.

I noted to our coordinator of athletic communications, who is a BU grad, that the first round would be BU vs. AIC and asked what her thoughts were. Her response? "NOPE."

Comment

Working...
                        X