X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Adam Dawe
    http://www.kdlt.com/2017/10/20/des-m...t-stampede-ot/
    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
      2 goal game tonight for JSS including the game winner. He now has 5 goals in 6 games.
      Its nice to see JSS and Binner come good this year. When they committed they were big gets and it was disappointing to see them struggle last year. I'm not sure why JSS got mixed up in fighting and other nonsense last year but hopefully it is behind him now.

It looks like Maine is going to have a lot of talent come in at forward next year between JSS, Farrell, and Dawe. Hopefully one or two of the other guys can step up as well.

Red mentioned a couple weeks ago that Ben and Alfie were out recruiting, what do you think they're looking for? Maybe an extra dman for next year(cover for Michel and Holway leaving) or are they looking at kids who are a lot younger?
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Its nice to see JSS and Binner come good this year. When they committed they were big gets and it was disappointing to see them struggle last year. I'm not sure why JSS got mixed up in fighting and other nonsense last year but hopefully it is behind him now.

It looks like Maine is going to have a lot of talent come in at forward next year between JSS, Farrell, and Dawe. Hopefully one or two of the other guys can step up as well.

Red mentioned a couple weeks ago that Ben and Alfie were out recruiting, what do you think they're looking for? Maybe an extra dman for next year(cover for Michel and Holway leaving) or are they looking at kids who are a lot younger?
        Binner was a defensive beast last year and is showing that ability in orono. Farrell is not in next year's class. He needs a new challenFge before coming to orono. Long way to go but i doubt detroit brings holway or Pearson up after this season. Red wings are closer to rebuilding than competing. Michel needs to play some defense if has visions of being paid to play hockey this spring. Spicer looks to be redshirting. Butala or Moran each have another year of junior eligibility. Butala is leading ushl in +/- and wearing an A. September and early October is showcase season for the junior leagues. Heavy usage of the recruiting budget. this day in age you recruit 4 years out anyway.

Comment

Trevor Peca has decommitted from Maine and committed to Miami for the 2019-20 season.

Comment

Trevor Peca has decommitted from Maine and committed to Miami for the 2019-20 season.
            How big of a loss is he, Bhall44?

I've been doing some research on Maine's future recruits. At this point seems like the Top 5 (in alphabetical order) are:

Beck
            Breen
            Dawe
            Farrell
            Schmidt-Svejstrup

Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
              How big of a loss is he, Bhall44?

I've been doing some research on Maine's future recruits. At this point seems like the Top 5 (in alphabetical order) are:

Beck
              Breen
              Dawe
              Farrell
              Schmidt-Svejstrup

Your thoughts?
              He's a good player but nothing to be alarmed about. We had a bit of log jam centered around the 2019-20 forwards and I would guess that he was asked to come the following year. Peca and Needham are similar players two-way, hard working, good leardership type player.

As for your second question, it is difficult to compare 15 year olds and 19 year olds for obvious reasons. Among scouting services Capone and Breen are probably the highest rated. I am anticipating a second half surge from Meyers as well. He is a nifty player who is still adjusting to USHL play. I really like what I have seen this year from Butala, he is wearing the "A", and is playing some very good defensive hockey. Roy and Sasson are having good years as well. I would like to see Farrell make a move to a better league to continue his development.

Comment

Today through Nov 15 is National Letter of Intent early signing period.

Comment

New commitment today: Nolan Renwick (Notre Dame Hounds)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=352027

Comment

New commitment today: Nolan Renwick (Notre Dame Hounds)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=352027
                    He is 16 and Canadian, he announced he was coming to Maine University on Twitter. Can you say major Jr here we come

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup is now leading the USHL in goals & points. He has signed his LOI and will be in Orono next season.

http://www.ushl.com/view/#/player/7315

Comment

Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup is now leading the USHL in goals & points. He has signed his LOI and will be in Orono next season.

http://www.ushl.com/view/#/player/7315
                        Very good news
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Matthew Thiessen '00 (G) Steinbech (MJHL) has committed to Maine. In 14 games he has a 2.18 GAA and 0.922 SV%. Good numbers for a 17 year old rookie. I have not seen him play. Was evaluated but not selected to World U-17 team last year. I will look more into time frame but looks like a 2020-21 recruit with insurance for 2019-20 if Beck does not pan out.

Comment

Matthew Thiessen '00 (G) Steinbech (MJHL) has committed to Maine. In 14 games he has a 2.18 GAA and 0.922 SV%. Good numbers for a 17 year old rookie. I have not seen him play. Was evaluated but not selected to World U-17 team last year. I will look more into time frame but looks like a 2020-21 recruit with insurance for 2019-20 if Beck does not pan out.
                            I read on twitter it was for 19-20 but obviously things could change. I wonder if he could also be cover in case Swayman leaves early.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I read on twitter it was for 19-20 but obviously things could change. I wonder if he could also be cover in case Swayman leaves early.
                              i saw the same thing on twitter. safe to say it is best not to believe everything you read on twitter. if Beck is quick to decommit/offer removed than it will be 19/20. otherwise thiessen is most likely to arrive 20-21. the further in time a recruit is from coming the more difficult it is to project when they will arrive. depending on recruit development and early departures these things change. sometimes a recruit decommits because they are asked to come a year later than previously agreed upon.

Comment

Another commitment:

Levi Kleiboer
                                Defenseman playing for the Battlefords Northstars in the SJHL. 5'11" 161lbs. 6-18-24 line in 21 games.

http://www.newsoptimist.ca/sports/lo...amp-1.23107873
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Y-ZhP921o
                                https://***********/leviallen16
                                http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=200682
                                https://sjhl.hockeytech.com/stats/pl.../levi-kleiboer
                                Last edited by gscott13; 11-29-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X