Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 868

Thread: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

  1. #841
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,432

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    I wonder if Red isn't half as dumb as he seems to be, and keeps UMaine on the hook for what he promises is coming "down the road".

    The ADs just seem to keep falling for it, while Red laughs all the way to the bank, having played 3-card Monte at Maine's expense for years and years now.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-15-2019 at 10:42 PM.

  2. #842
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    I wonder if Red isn't half as dumb as he seems to be, and keeps UMaine on the hook for what he promises is coming "down the road".

    The ADs just seem to keep falling for it, while Red laughs all the way to the bank, having played 3-card Monte at Maine's expense for years and years now.
    He's failed and that is pretty evident...I mean just looking at his record, but most telling is the product on the ice and what happens every season....penalty's, shoddy play in the defensive end and on and on....you watch and shake your head...bottom line he's failed and is allowed to continue. He's made this program a laughing stock...which was started in part by Whitehead. As you say the AD's in charge can take the BLAME also...funny thing is every time I'm down in the area...places where die-hards are, you keep hearing that the AD of present (Ralph) has the hockey program in mind and will turn it around....like I say well too often: Talk is CHEAP and whiskey COST money...

  3. #843
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,747
    New recruit - Isaac Lambert
    https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/632544/isaac-lambert

  4. #844
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,462

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    16 and from Quebec, using Maine for leverage with a major jr team?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  5. #845
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    16 and from Quebec, using Maine for leverage with a major jr team?
    Seems like he is going just two days for development camp to keep ncaa eligibility. But he says he hasn’t decided... below is an article about it...

    It was after an invitation from Denis Francoeur that the young man was able to demonstrate his expertise during a tournament on the side of the United States. Interested in what they saw, University of Maine Hockey Program officials contacted the Claretian College Grail product to submit a full scholarship for the 16-year-old to come one day to sue. his career in their institution. "I am very happy. However, at this moment, I have no decision to take. My goal was to have the most opportunities to then make the best choice between the QMJHL and the American university ranks. Now I have this choice with the Océanic, which is a great organization, as well as with the University of Maine, which is also a high-class organization, "said Lambert.



    He has a verbal agreement with the US establishment, but he has not signed his letter of intent yet. He is still free to choose the route he prefers until he is 17 years old. "They called me on Tuesday to tell me that I had a full scholarship to go play there if I decided to go. Normally, we will play between 19 and 24 years, but it depends a lot on our development. They will therefore get me into the team when my development will allow me to play at this level. They do not want to push me or slow me down. We will really see with my progress the moment when I am going to join the team. "

    Lambert has also warned the Océanic organization that it will only be present for 48 hours at the Bas-Saint-Laurent team camp. "I advised the Rimouski leaders of my approach to avoid causing them a surprise. I can not go more than 48 hours to the camp to maintain my eligibility for the NCAA. My decision is not made, however. I really wanted to bet on both options, "he repeated.

    Furthermore, in addition to Lambert, the University of Maine also offered a scholarship to Thomas Pichette, who was an 8th round pick of the Shawinigan Cataractes at the last auction. Pichette is also advised by the camp of Denis Francoeur.

    Midget level AAA next year

    Having played with the Claretian College Graal last year, Lambert's goal is to play with the Trois-Rivières Estacades at the midget AAA level next season. For the moment, evolving in the United States is not in the short term plans. "My number one plan is to play for the Booms. I only had good comments on this organization. Then I will make a decision because my choice is not yet decided. I will take a year of reflection. "

  6. #846
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,996

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Is there much chance Kawamura or Bogdanovich wind up in Orono? It seems to me neither are quite good enough and given the numbers situation there undoubtedly will be some guys go elsewhere.

  7. #847
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Is there much chance Kawamura or Bogdanovich wind up in Orono? It seems to me neither are quite good enough and given the numbers situation there undoubtedly will be some guys go elsewhere.
    Not sure Kawamura makes it to Orono. He hasn’t really made an impact in BCHL or USHL. And he made a change to defense for Omaha of USHL. Seems strange that a high scorer in midget now is converting to defense, and his size is small for d1 defensemen.

    I think there is a great chance Bogdonovich makes it to Orono. Keep in mind he is 6’3” and 236 lbs. This is how big Penney was. He probably needs time to develop into his frame. He is an in state kid too, so that is always a good thing.

  8. #848
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    389

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    16 and from Quebec, using Maine for leverage with a major jr team?
    He is advised by the same guy as all the other recent Quebec commits. Some will come, some won't. The way it is in college hockey these days.

  9. #849
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    389

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Bryden Sinclair, '01 D verbal commit

    https://www.nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=27343

  10. #850
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    He is advised by the same guy as all the other recent Quebec commits. Some will come, some won't. The way it is in college hockey these days.
    Indeed, it is the way...and not just for Maine but as you say the whole landscape of College Hockey...never get your hopes up.

  11. #851
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    Bryden Sinclair, '01 D verbal commit

    https://www.nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=27343
    Seems like a solid defensemen. Rated a 3.75 outta 5 by neutral zone. Described as a great skater, likes to join offense, looks to open ice opposition.

    Looks like this is a Alfie recruit since he was part of hit the ice summer program. And he is First Nation from Manitoba.

    He might be a Keeper.

    Sorry I couldn’t help that pun. He got rookie of the year for his MJHL team.

    https://thepasonline.com/the-pas-sports-news/444659

  12. #852
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    Bryden Sinclair, '01 D verbal commit

    https://www.nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=27343
    Also wanted to mention a few changes for your list based on the USHL preseason 30 man list. https://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachments/document/6e70-1957874/2019-20_USHL_Protected_Lists_8.31.pdf?_ga=2.35380961.19 13075658.1567882131-673324807.1567882131

    Aughe and Osadick are not on any USHL roster. Langford is on Green Bay roster. Kawamura is on Omaha. He is listed as D/F but I think he played d mostly at the end of last season.

  13. #853
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    56

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Osadik is playing in Merritt in the BCHL for his old coach at Swan River.

  14. #854
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    389

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Rated a 3.75 outta 5 by neutral zone.
    NZ rankings are useless. If you breath oxygen, skate, and write a review, you get a 3.5 or 3.75. If you are a member of USNDTP you get a high rating.....

  15. #855
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    389

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Also wanted to mention a few changes for your list based on the USHL preseason 30 man list. https://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachmen...807.1567882131

    Aughe and Osadick are not on any USHL roster. Langford is on Green Bay roster. Kawamura is on Omaha. He is listed as D/F but I think he played d mostly at the end of last season.
    Thanks for updates. For background I typically update where they will place 2-3 times prior to start of season. once first half of august, 2nd middle of september and 3rd once final ushl roster cutdown is made (this year Sep 26 i think). Midseason could see some BCHL guys move to USHL. At this point I am keeping an eye on Poissant, who is likely to stick in Youngstown but who might go back to Cornwall and Kawamura who I would say has an uphill battle to stick in Omaha and I would rate as likely to play outside of USHL.

  16. #856
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    Thanks for updates. For background I typically update where they will place 2-3 times prior to start of season. once first half of august, 2nd middle of september and 3rd once final ushl roster cutdown is made (this year Sep 26 i think). Midseason could see some BCHL guys move to USHL. At this point I am keeping an eye on Poissant, who is likely to stick in Youngstown but who might go back to Cornwall and Kawamura who I would say has an uphill battle to stick in Omaha and I would rate as likely to play outside of USHL.
    I live on the border of Quebec and hearing this name: Zachary Bolduc from Quebec...hearing he will play Prep Hockey in Rhode Island this year, Drafted by Rimouski of the QMJHL...but word has it he is leaning towards College Hockey...he has been linked to 5 schools, with Maine being one of them along with UMass/BU/Michigan and North Dakota.

  17. #857
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    389

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I live on the border of Quebec and hearing this name: Zachary Bolduc from Quebec...hearing he will play Prep Hockey in Rhode Island this year, Drafted by Rimouski of the QMJHL...but word has it he is leaning towards College Hockey...he has been linked to 5 schools, with Maine being one of them along with UMass/BU/Michigan and North Dakota.
    I have heard rumblings about him as well. He is also advised by Denis Francoeur. I had dinner in June with a gentleman who serves on the Chicoutimi board and they are quite worried impact NCAA hockey is having on their own recruitment and see Denis Francoeur, among others, as a major driver of it.

  18. #858
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    I have heard rumblings about him as well. He is also advised by Denis Francoeur. I had dinner in June with a gentleman who serves on the Chicoutimi board and they are quite worried impact NCAA hockey is having on their own recruitment and see Denis Francoeur, among others, as a major driver of it.
    OK...Thanks

  19. #859
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    I have heard rumblings about him as well. He is also advised by Denis Francoeur. I had dinner in June with a gentleman who serves on the Chicoutimi board and they are quite worried impact NCAA hockey is having on their own recruitment and see Denis Francoeur, among others, as a major driver of it.
    Hopefully you smiled and assured them that accidentally sending recruits to Maine is not an imposition.

  20. #860
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,045

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    NZ rankings are useless. If you breath oxygen, skate, and write a review, you get a 3.5 or 3.75. If you are a member of USNDTP you get a high rating.....
    The Neutral Zone rating for Nick Capone - the recruit Maine just lost to UConn - is 4.25 out of 5 Stars. That's the same rating as USNTDP players like Marshall Warren and Drew Helleson who are both incoming freshmen at Boston College. Perhaps the NZ rating of Nick Capone in particular, and most other prospects in general, are more accurate than "useless".

    The NZ ratings are useful for making general comparisons between prospects. It’s their detailed scouting reports which provide guidance on the strengths and weaknesses of a player.
    Last edited by C-H-C; 09-17-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •