Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 872

Thread: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

  1. #741
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    140

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    With addition of Parker, my count has 10 recruits coming in this fall....plus 17 returning roster players from last year. Just wondering if my count is correct.? Recruits: 3 d-men; Bisson, Greenway, Kleiboer… 6 Forwards; Roy, Poisson, Breen, Drobort, Bruneski, Parker.. 1 Goaltender; Thiessen.
    Unclear whether Bruneski was recruited as a dman or F, but his most current position was at D:

    https://ajhl.ca/media-centre/news-ar...ear=&nID=15030

  2. #742
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    781

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Parker is 21, has played 2 yrs in NCDC. Hock DB has him at 6'2" and 160. Hopefully he gains some mass if this is current.

    Be interesting to see what Red has recruited for the season.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 05-30-2019 at 06:37 AM.

  3. #743
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    5,062
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Have you seen him play? Can he move his feet. Or is he another big guy Red loves so much

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    From what I read he is more on the slender side and fast. He increased his point total significantly last year which I always see as a good sign.

  4. #744
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Have you seen him play? Can he move his feet. Or is he another big guy Red loves so much

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Ayuh.

  5. #745
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    Unclear whether Bruneski was recruited as a dman or F, but his most current position was at D:

    https://ajhl.ca/media-centre/news-ar...ear=&nID=15030
    He will only play defense at Maine.

  6. #746
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    He will only play defense at Maine.
    This is all part of Red’s shock and awe campaign. We will be shocked he isn’t fired and in awe that he manages to stay employed.

  7. #747
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Maine got a couple of commits today from Remy Parker and Perry Winfree. Remy is coming this fall and I think he’ll be a good one.
    Only 20 PIM in 48 games too!

  8. #748
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    140

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Event View Post
    A couple of new recruits revealed today:

    1) A 98 forward from NJ, Remy Parker, reportedly coming in this fall

    https://twitter.com/_Neutral_Zone/st...92601431232512

    https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/...php?pid=208151

    2) A 99 defenseman from NC, Perry Winfree, reportedly a 2020 recruit

    https://twitter.com/_Neutral_Zone/st...15806342557699

    https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/...php?pid=189546
    This USPHL article would suggest Winfree's also coming in the Fall:

    https://www.usphl.com/news_article/show/1025084

    as does College Hockey commits:

    https://twitter.com/HockeyCommits/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

  9. #749
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Old Town, Maine
    Posts
    551

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Larry Mahoney says they're both coming this fall: https://bangordailynews.com/2019/06/...jersey-hitmen/

  10. #750
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,149

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by dwollstadt View Post
    Larry Mahoney says they're both coming this fall: https://bangordailynews.com/2019/06/...jersey-hitmen/
    Well that sounds like the recruit additions is at a 11 incoming and my count of returning roster players is at 18....which totals out as a 29 player roster to date....seems like there maybe possible returning roster player cuts....????….I am just throwing that out with no knowledge that this would happen, "BUT" 29 players seems a bit much imo, usually at 26-27..? Any thoughts out there..?

  11. #751
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,496

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Well that sounds like the recruit additions is at a 11 incoming and my count of returning roster players is at 18....which totals out as a 29 player roster to date....seems like there maybe possible returning roster player cuts....????….I am just throwing that out with no knowledge that this would happen, "BUT" 29 players seems a bit much imo, usually at 26-27..? Any thoughts out there..?
    26, 27 or 30, they are still going to struggle with Red as coach
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  12. #752
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Well that sounds like the recruit additions is at a 11 incoming and my count of returning roster players is at 18....which totals out as a 29 player roster to date....seems like there maybe possible returning roster player cuts....????….I am just throwing that out with no knowledge that this would happen, "BUT" 29 players seems a bit much imo, usually at 26-27..? Any thoughts out there..?
    The more bodies the merrier I suppose. Cant hurt for sure if some players step up to get out of the pack. Might make better practices.
    It could cause confusion if lines are changed alot, early on is good but 2nd half of season you want some consistent lines so they work good together.
    We need a fire down in orono, dont see it. I suppose Red is getting some good naps in this time of year.

  13. #753
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,149

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    26, 27 or 30, they are still going to struggle with Red as coach
    ....oh I know that...all too well...sadly.

  14. #754
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,149

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    The more bodies the merrier I suppose. Cant hurt for sure if some players step up to get out of the pack. Might make better practices.
    It could cause confusion if lines are changed alot, early on is good but 2nd half of season you want some consistent lines so they work good together.
    We need a fire down in orono, dont see it. I suppose Red is getting some good naps in this time of year.
    I'd go for more talent....not fill the shelve with as much bodies and with LESS talent. 10-4 on the nap time...

  15. #755
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,501

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I'd go for more talent....not fill the shelve with as much bodies and with LESS talent. 10-4 on the nap time...
    Yeah, this thread is essentially about warm bodies. Maine hasn't recruited any genuine talent since Red has been here. I'm predicting a PW of about 37 next year.

  16. #756
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I'd go for more talent....not fill the shelve with as much bodies and with LESS talent. 10-4 on the nap time...
    I hear you on the talent, short of that numbers seem to be an option apparently.

  17. #757
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,149

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    I hear you on the talent, short of that numbers seem to be an option apparently.
    They shoot to find the "DIAMOND" in the rough...…………..

  18. #758
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    389

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    I have (finally) updated the UMaine recruit page and roster projection.

    Link here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1737200132

    Link also in the signature of all of my posts, which i realize isn't often these day (**** paying job!). Anyway, as always Red keeps his roster management in shroud of mystery. Likely to be a little more roster juggling before August. Surprised to see scholarship money going to Winfree kid. Would have been nice to see that money go Needham's way and bring him in a year early....

  19. #759
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    140

    Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    I have (finally) updated the UMaine recruit page and roster projection.

    Link here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1737200132

    Link also in the signature of all of my posts, which i realize isn't often these day (**** paying job!). Anyway, as always Red keeps his roster management in shroud of mystery. Likely to be a little more roster juggling before August. Surprised to see scholarship money going to Winfree kid. Would have been nice to see that money go Needham's way and bring him in a year early....
    You must've missed the memo that Binner left to go back home. Agree on Winfree, however.

  20. #760
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    I have (finally) updated the UMaine recruit page and roster projection.

    Link here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1737200132

    Link also in the signature of all of my posts, which i realize isn't often these day (**** paying job!). Anyway, as always Red keeps his roster management in shroud of mystery. Likely to be a little more roster juggling before August. Surprised to see scholarship money going to Winfree kid. Would have been nice to see that money go Needham's way and bring him in a year early....
    Bisson coming in this season. Binner is gone pro.
    https://bangordailynews.com/2019/05/22/sports/umaine-sports/hockey-defenseman-leaves-umaine-to-turn-pro-in-sweden/

    Also, have to see where Richard is drafted in qmjhl this weekend. A top ten pick probably indicates he will go qmjhl, I guess???
    Last edited by BlackI; 06-05-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •