Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I thought Muelbauer looked much better last season compared to his freshman season. I doubt he is going anywhere. If Herner couldn't get into the lineup last season I see little hope for him.
    Maybe my information could be wrong but Herner had to sit out the first 19 games because of playing some type of games in his native country of Hungary, which was dictated by the NCAA...and from there my understanding was that the Coaching Staff urged him to Red-Shirt this year and have 4 years left beginning this Fall (2017 season). As for what he brings to the ice, that's any body's guess...but "IF" the Staff wanted him to wait till this season I would figure he gets a chance at showing if or what he can bring to the Team. But under Gendron...I would not try to figure his thinking. But not a good way to deal with a player by bringing him in, holding him back a year and then cutting him without a chance. ??????? > who knows.?

Comment

All that could be true but last year's team needed help if he could have helped I would played him. 3.5 years or 4, whoopie freaking doo. I hope he is as good as some have said and you are correct red held him out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

All that could be true but last year's team needed help if he could have helped I would played him. 3.5 years or 4, whoopie freaking doo. I hope he is as good as some have said and you are correct red held him out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I really could care less if he had played this season or not...what ever he would have brought to the team would very well not made any difference...he's pretty much a unknown, no matter what we hear or see from some of his playing clips...until he puts on that hockey sweater he's just a thought of what might be...could be. Time will tell. Maybe something will come out during the Banquet this coming Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
          With the late addition of VMT I don't see any off the incoming recruits threatening Muehlbauer. Herner is the only Dman I have not seen personally so tough to say where he fits in. I wouldn't sleep on him, but at the same time 10 players vying for 6 starting spots and a couple of depth options really makes things interesting for sure. If I had to guess, as of today top 5 are Hamilton, Michel, Muehlbauer, Holway, Binner then VMT and Keeper splitting weekends. Spicer doesn't offer the offensive upside of VMT & Keeper but he is good defensively and certainly could work his way into regular playing time. Becker is really stands out to me as the likely odd man out unless somebody redshirts (Spicer/Keeper).
          What would you think about Hamilton-Michel, Binner-Holway, VMT-Muehlbauer? It would be nice to have a lefty on each pair. Could Keeper play up front? I really like having a seventh dman on the fourth line in case you lose someone. I agree on Muehlbauer improving a lot last year.

How would you rank Doherty, Pieper, Westerlund, Tralmaks, Holeinsky, Dawe, Hock, and Quinlivan? Do you still think Dawe defers for a year? I'm interested to see who actually ends up on the roster next year as there will likely need to be around half a dozen players let go.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Looks like Tralmaks is tearing it up in playoffs
            https://***********/WeissFC/status/861041845144571904
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

There is a long way to go of course before the season starts and of course the younger players take time to adjust but something along those lines is the general top six with Keeper in the mix. Herner is the wild card not having seen him. Would not be surprised is Spicer earns playing time or redshirts. Honestly Spicer would have offered the team better defensive play last year than Becker and Schurhamer so that gives a barometer check as to the caliber of other d-men coming in.
              Forwards are always much trickier to predict. But Doherty, Pieper, Westerlund, Tralmks, & Holesinsky (pronounched Hole-e-chinsky) will have immediate impacts. All are better defensive forwards than graduating forwards but of course they will have a way to go to match the offensive output of graduating seniors). Last year the team was week down the middle, I thought Cam played very admirably out of position and really put together a splendid senior campaign, ultimately wing is a better fit. Peiper and Holesinksy should earn starting C roles this year. Along with Chase/Cedric and Peter mixed in.

Wingers are always more undpredicatble to slot in
              Vesey, Robbins, Fossier, Shea, Smith, Tralmaks, Westerlund, Doherty/Gibson, uphill climb but Pappalardo could make a leap he started to skate better his last couple games. I was really disappointed that Doherty redshirted last year. Falls into the same category as Herner, team needed more bodies especially at the LW and he could have provided a spark. As walrus said now we get 4 years instead of 3.5 years. Hock and Quinlivan could always surprise but their expectations are lower than others.

As with any young team expect lots of mixing and matching early to figure out what combinations bring best results. And look for early season deer in the headlights (Pappalardo Fall 2016) and players that make big jumps (Holway)
              UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Looks like Tralmaks is tearing it up in playoffs
                https://***********/WeissFC/status/861041845144571904
                As mentioned here many time Tralmaks has been an animal since February. He added 3 more goals this weekend. The Tralmaks/Badini/Johnstone line is the most effective offensive line in the USHL right now. Chicago has a great chance to win the Clark Cup this year and Tralmaks second half has been a big reason why they are in contention. Unfortunately the week side defender on the play was VMT. That one play was not indicative of his night or the weekend however.

Comment

More good things from Adam Dawe

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/cjh...48/news_485600

Comment

CHN story on Eduards Tralmaks

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...maks-Finds.php
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                      Great contribution Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                        Why would he not show up for another year? Is it an academic issue or something else?
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Why would he not show up for another year? Is it an academic issue or something else?
                          Nothing to do with academics. Fall 2018 was always the preferred target year. If Maine didn't receive commits for this coming fall he was going to be bumped up.

Comment

Nothing to do with academics. Fall 2018 was always the preferred target year. If Maine didn't receive commits for this coming fall he was going to be bumped up.
                            So is Adam Dawe coming this Fall..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              So is Adam Dawe coming this Fall..?
                              No. For quite some time now he has been in the fall 2018 class. I have not heard if he is playing another year at Notre Dame or if he is moving to Dubuque.

Comment

No. For quite some time now he has been in the fall 2018 class. I have not heard if he is playing another year at Notre Dame or if he is moving to Dubuque.
                                OK...Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X