Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    I am quite confident. Currently a defensive liability playing his man and needs to learn to stay out of the box coupled with his age makes him a 3-4 year player and I am more bullish on the 4. Binner is morel likely to go early given his all around game, age, and current draft eligibility, even then I would expect him to play 3 years in orono.
    It would benefit both to get at least 3 seasons of College Hockey in, and most NHL teams look for them to play 3 seasons of College Hockey unless there the Elite of the Elite/Karyia-Eichel-etc.

I saw Merrimack had a very good recruit, Michael Kesselring, decommit and is open to recruiting again. I hope Maine goes after him. He is a teammate of Lyndon Breen at New Hampton in prep league. Big right shot offensive defensemen are hard to come by. I am surprised he decommited and wants to play in USHL for a year. He would play for Gene Reilly in Des Moines. Maybe he feels he isn't ready yet. He is 75th ranked in north American skaters by CSS.

https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...870126598?s=19
    Last edited by BlackI; 06-21-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Good listen on sound cloud where the pipeline show interviews Matt Thiessen headed into the draft...
    https://twitter.com/TPS_Guy/status/1...221942273?s=19

Says the plan is to play for Dubuque in USHL and then Maine the year after.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    It would benefit both to get at least 3 seasons of College Hockey in, and most NHL teams look for them to play 3 seasons of College Hockey unless there the Elite of the Elite/Karyia-Eichel-etc.
    Exactly. With the increase in talent and depth at the NCAA level over the past decade-plus NHL teams are happy to let drafted players develop in NCAA. Pearson is a good example of that - 15 years ago he leaves after sophomore year. Also, players who go un-drafted are realizing the power of patience when it comes to negotiating and not jumping at the first offer. 10 years ago Tralmaks jumps at his first or second offer and maybe plays one or two seasons in NCAA. Instead players like Zack Aston-Reese are proving that if you wait and drive your stock up over a 3 or 4 seasons that more teams start bidding for services and you can get a better offer and situation. Even drafted players are more frequently waiting for graduation so they can become free agents and choose the best situation for themselves (much to the ire of major juniors). The post 2005 NHL-CBA world initially favored the teams but now the player's hockey advisers and agents have figured out how to sway deals in the player's favor. I think this is good for college hockey as it has a positive feedback on talent and competition on the ice. Although, I do expect a future CBA to curb some of this - even though NHL headquarters moved to New York the CHL still has a lot of clout.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    I saw Merrimack had a very good recruit, Michael Kesselring, decommit and is open to recruiting again. I hope Maine goes after him. He is a teammate of Lyndon Breen at New Hampton in prep league. Big right shot offensive defensemen are hard to come by. I am surprised he decommited and wants to play in USHL for a year. He would play for Gene Reilly in Des Moines. Maybe he feels he isn't ready yet. He is 75th ranked in north American skaters by CSS.

https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...870126598?s=19
    Interesting move. He comes from a 'mack family, his dad played there. He wasn't projected to arrive in Merrimack until the following season. Guess the family is not too impressed with the regime change. This would be a big time pick up for Maine.

Dallas Farrell will play in BCHL this season with Coquitlam. Great to see him move on from USPHL/NCDC.

Thumbs up Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    Dallas Farrell will play in BCHL this season with Coquitlam. Great to see him move on from USPHL/NCDC.
    Good info. Nice to have ya back. Sleeping on the job again? Just kidding.

Thought he'd be better over in BCHL too. Hopefully one good year and reunited with old pal Dawe.

Decommit Whalstrom goes 11th to N.Y. Islanders. Wish he could play at UMaine, but congratulate him just the same.

Decommit Whalstrom goes 11th to N.Y. Islanders. Wish he could play at UMaine, but congratulate him just the same.
    Nice. Can't be a true Umainer. Keeper will run him. First nation Keeper has more heart than Whalstrom. Run him keeper run him.

Keeper will wear captain on his shoulder.

University of Maine Class of 2020
    Keeper will wear captain on his shoulder.
    Source?

Also, anyone else watching rounds 2-7 of the NHL draft tomorrow? I'd say up to 4 current or future Black Bears have a shot of being picked, but realistically only 1 or maybe 2 will be chosen.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Am I the only one who doesn't care what wahlstrom does? He isnt coming to Maine so .....I dont doubt he is going to be good, probably walk right around Maines d every time they play.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

There was no joy in Orono.
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't care what wahlstrom does? He isnt coming to Maine so .....I dont doubt he is going to be good, probably walk right around Maines d every time they play.

I too do not care what he does or where he does it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

I do. It's gonna end up in our net unless the big boys open ice him when they can.

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Source?
    Me.

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Also, anyone else watching rounds 2-7 of the NHL draft tomorrow? I'd say up to 4 current or future Black Bears have a shot of being picked, but realistically only 1 or maybe 2 will be chosen.
    Yes, patiently waiting for Thiessen's name to be called. Gotta take kiddos to Jurassic world soon, so c'mon nhl, hurry up already!

Thiessen drafted by Vancouver at 192 in the 7th round. Congrats to him! Vancouver got a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    I too do not care what he does or where he does it
    Also in that boat that does not care, going to do his thing....hopefully when BC comes to Maine this season, Maine can win both games and no matter what he does won't matter. Talented player.

Thiessen drafted by Vancouver at 192 in the 7th round. Congrats to him! Vancouver got a good one.
    He was #4 in the final central scouting rankings for North American goalies, I was stunned he fell that far. I expected him taken in the fourth or fifth round. Lingering injury concerns perhaps?

Thread Information