X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Verbal commits have been bailing on Maine for years and way before Red
    Yes it has...with that said, missing out on players now...hurts more now then it did then...if that makes sense. [?]

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Yes it has...with that said, missing out on players now...hurts more now then it did then...if that makes sense. [?]
      Yes it does. Even I have lost optimism. She’s all uphill from here. As far as ad goes, why make drastic move now. No need pull cord ten feet of the ground.

Comment

Verbal commits have been bailing on Maine for years and way before Red
        Yeah, but much better ones.

Maine doesn't have any leeway anymore. Even the marginal guys bail on Red. The program is swirling ever more deeply down the drain, apparently.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 06-21-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Looks like Tim Gould is headed to Alberni of the BCHL.

https://www.bclocalnews.com/sports/bchl-alberni-valley-bulldogs-making-moves-in-the-offseason/

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Looks like Tim Gould is headed to Alberni of the BCHL.

https://www.bclocalnews.com/sports/b...the-offseason/
            Was he any good, on paper?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              From what I recall, Gould is considered a decent get. 6-23-29 in 54 GP, but its obviously nearly impossible to evaluate defensemen on stats alone. But going to the BCHL dosen't mean he's not coming to Maine I'm fairly sure, junior A leagues are common places for Canadian players who want to maintain NCAA eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                From what I recall, Gould is considered a decent get. 6-23-29 in 54 GP, but its obviously nearly impossible to evaluate defensemen on stats alone. But going to the BCHL dosen't mean he's not coming to Maine I'm fairly sure, junior A leagues are common places for Canadian players who want to maintain NCAA eligibility.
                Pretty sure your right on playing in the BCHL that he can play NCAA Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  Paul Kariya played in BCHL
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    When he was 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Yes, he is rated 3.75 out of 5 according to Nuetral Zone. Which is better than most of our recruits on the blue line. Has been playing at Norte Dame of SK, CA for a while. Guessing this is a good move for him. Was hoping he’d come to UMaine this season. Maybe he wants and needs another year of juniors. I think he will be a good one. From Moncton area too, so nice to also have local eastern Canadians.

Comment

Yes, junior A hockey in Canada is where a lot of NCAA players develop and retain rights to play in NCAA. Major junior is premiere league for high end Canadian kids where they get stipends... and NCAA considers them no longer amateurs. As such, they lose NCAA eligibility. That is, unless you want to play for North Dakota. Somehow they can get a major junior player where the player only loses number of games played. Conversely Maine couldn’t get Tyler Johnson in, who only played a game in OHL. That all made a **** ton of sense to NCAA... I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Yes, junior A hockey in Canada is where a lot of NCAA players develop and retain rights to play in NCAA. Major junior is premiere league for high end Canadian kids where they get stipends... and NCAA considers them no longer amateurs. As such, they lose NCAA eligibility. That is, unless you want to play for North Dakota. Somehow they can get a major junior player where the player only loses number of games played. Conversely Maine couldn’t get Tyler Johnson in, who only played a game in OHL. That all made a **** ton of sense to NCAA... I guess.
                          This is technically correct but I believe that it is a sweeping generalization in terms of talent division. This presumes that none of the "high end Canadian kids" want to play NCAA hockey. Each year, more and more Canadian kids choose the NCAA path, and avoid playing in the CHL.

Comment

Originally posted by islander98 View Post
                            This is technically correct but I believe that it is a sweeping generalization in terms of talent division. This presumes that none of the "high end Canadian kids" want to play NCAA hockey. Each year, more and more Canadian kids choose the NCAA path, and avoid playing in the CHL.
                            Yes and just check this years Draft...NCAA up and CHL down.

Comment

Oh ya I remember that kid.......just was wondering if there may or may not have been changes by the beloved NC$$ on certain Leagues in Oh Canada...

Comment

Oh ya I remember that kid.......just was wondering if there may or may not have been changes by the beloved NC$$ on certain Leagues in Oh Canada...
                                I am curious if the Maine coaching staff has reached out to this player Murray of Youngstown(USHL). Big left wing that can score goals. Might help compensate for loss of Pearson if he can score for Maine. Seems like a system fit with Maine’s affinity for size/ power forward.
                                https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/decision-looms-for-sabres-murray-as-he-ends-development-camp/71-1c2434a5-dde6-444c-9776-8dec4c908a2f

Comment

Working...
                                X