X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    Rated a 3.75 outta 5 by neutral zone.
    NZ rankings are useless. If you breath oxygen, skate, and write a review, you get a 3.5 or 3.75. If you are a member of USNDTP you get a high rating.....
    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Also wanted to mention a few changes for your list based on the USHL preseason 30 man list. https://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachmen...807.1567882131

Aughe and Osadick are not on any USHL roster. Langford is on Green Bay roster. Kawamura is on Omaha. He is listed as D/F but I think he played d mostly at the end of last season.
      Thanks for updates. For background I typically update where they will place 2-3 times prior to start of season. once first half of august, 2nd middle of september and 3rd once final ushl roster cutdown is made (this year Sep 26 i think). Midseason could see some BCHL guys move to USHL. At this point I am keeping an eye on Poissant, who is likely to stick in Youngstown but who might go back to Cornwall and Kawamura who I would say has an uphill battle to stick in Omaha and I would rate as likely to play outside of USHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
        Thanks for updates. For background I typically update where they will place 2-3 times prior to start of season. once first half of august, 2nd middle of september and 3rd once final ushl roster cutdown is made (this year Sep 26 i think). Midseason could see some BCHL guys move to USHL. At this point I am keeping an eye on Poissant, who is likely to stick in Youngstown but who might go back to Cornwall and Kawamura who I would say has an uphill battle to stick in Omaha and I would rate as likely to play outside of USHL.
        I live on the border of Quebec and hearing this name: Zachary Bolduc from Quebec...hearing he will play Prep Hockey in Rhode Island this year, Drafted by Rimouski of the QMJHL...but word has it he is leaning towards College Hockey...he has been linked to 5 schools, with Maine being one of them along with UMass/BU/Michigan and North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          I live on the border of Quebec and hearing this name: Zachary Bolduc from Quebec...hearing he will play Prep Hockey in Rhode Island this year, Drafted by Rimouski of the QMJHL...but word has it he is leaning towards College Hockey...he has been linked to 5 schools, with Maine being one of them along with UMass/BU/Michigan and North Dakota.
          I have heard rumblings about him as well. He is also advised by Denis Francoeur. I had dinner in June with a gentleman who serves on the Chicoutimi board and they are quite worried impact NCAA hockey is having on their own recruitment and see Denis Francoeur, among others, as a major driver of it.

Comment

I have heard rumblings about him as well. He is also advised by Denis Francoeur. I had dinner in June with a gentleman who serves on the Chicoutimi board and they are quite worried impact NCAA hockey is having on their own recruitment and see Denis Francoeur, among others, as a major driver of it.
            OK...Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
              Hopefully you smiled and assured them that accidentally sending recruits to Maine is not an imposition.

Comment

NZ rankings are useless. If you breath oxygen, skate, and write a review, you get a 3.5 or 3.75. If you are a member of USNDTP you get a high rating.....
                The Neutral Zone rating for Nick Capone - the recruit Maine just lost to UConn - is 4.25 out of 5 Stars. That's the same rating as USNTDP players like Marshall Warren and Drew Helleson who are both incoming freshmen at Boston College. Perhaps the NZ rating of Nick Capone in particular, and most other prospects in general, are more accurate than "useless".

The NZ ratings are useful for making general comparisons between prospects. It’s their detailed scouting reports which provide guidance on the strengths and weaknesses of a player.
                Last edited by C-H-C; 09-17-2019, 11:27 PM.
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

So now Capone is gone. Dumpster fire continues

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    The Neutral Zone rating for Nick Capone - the recruit Maine just lost to UConn - is 4.25 out of 5 Stars. That's the same rating as USNTDP players like Marshall Warren and Drew Helleson who are both incoming freshmen at Boston College. Perhaps the NZ rating of Nick Capone in particular, and most other prospects in general, are more accurate than "useless".

The NZ ratings are useful for making general comparisons between prospects. It’s their detailed scouting reports which provide guidance on the strengths and weaknesses of a player.
                    What was the reason for Capone to leave Maine and go over to UConn..? (was it he wanted to play sooner rather then later)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      What was the reason for Capone to leave Maine and go over to UConn..? (was it he wanted to play sooner rather then later)
                      Have read UConn didn’t move Capone up to 2019-20 season - still a 2020-21 commit. The UConn blog wrote “Nick Capone is the first elite player from Connecticut to commit to UConn.” He’s from East Haven, CT.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                        Have read UConn didn’t move Capone up to 2019-20 season - still a 2020-21 commit. The UConn blog wrote “Nick Capone is the first elite player from Connecticut to commit to UConn.” He’s from East Haven, CT.
                        Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          So now Capone is gone. Dumpster fire continues

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          His stats dont jump off the page at me, though this very well could be a case of stats not telling the whole story, hence why he seems to be considered an elite recruit. The bigger problem to me is this is yet another symptom of what seems to be an epidemic of recruits jumping ship on Orono before they even get here.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            His stats dont jump off the page at me, though this very well could be a case of stats not telling the whole story, hence why he seems to be considered an elite recruit. The bigger problem to me is this is yet another symptom of what seems to be an epidemic of recruits jumping ship on Orono before they even get here.
                            It cant be because the coaching staff is so dynamic and inspiring.
                            2 more years.
                            Last edited by NorthMike; 09-18-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Or, possibly, to have an outside shot at the NCAA's..?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Or, possibly, to have an outside shot at the NCAA's..?
                                Not to blank on UConn, but when you think of it that way...my has the hockey gone wayward at Maine. (that is chances of making the NCAA's)

Comment

Working...
                                X